Mum's Not Having Chemo
Mum's Not Having Chemo is a blog about a woman named Gemma Bond's experience with cancer. In 2011, Bond was diagnosed with ovarian and uterine cancer. Because of her belief in alternative medicine's effectiveness for cancer, she chose to use alternative treatments instead of chemotherapy. She did have a hysterectomy, so she is merely taking a 36% increased chance of relapse and death.
The blog is largely written by Laura, her daughter,[note 1] who addresses various topics, usually supportive of alternative medicine such as homeopathy, pee therapy, black salve, and medical astrology.
The blog was updated weekly, and started from the cancer diagnosis.
- The blog itself
- Two books were derived from the blog: "Mum's Not Having Chemo" (2013) and "You Can Say No Chemo" (2015)
- "Mum", Gemma Bond, died of cancer in 2016.
- Daughter, Laura Bond, says she completed training with the "Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN) in 2012".
Quack-Buster Dr Stephen Barrett does not think much of that "institute".
- Mum’s not having Chemo – Increase in Alternative Medicine Cancer Deaths #1
- In 2016 Laura Bond created the "balanced baby" website where she recommends homeopathic treatments for infants and the advice of a "naturopathic iridologist"
- As one might expect from the name.
- Archive copy of About page of the blog (captured 7 Jul 2013).
- Archive copy of "www.mumsnothavingchemo.com/2011/06/a-test-post/"
- A case of misdiagnosis or spontaneous remission
- Archive copy of "www.mumsnothavingchemo.com/2011/07/dr-burzynski".
- Archive copy of "www.mumsnothavingchemo.com/2013/05/medical-astrology"
- Laura recommends "Viburcol": a pediatric homeopathic cure-all
- Seriously "naturopathic iridologist"