Weston A. Price Foundation
| Potentially edible!|
“”[The Weston A. Price Foundation] might be useful in reverse: if you read it on WAPF, it is probably wrong.
The Weston A. Price Foundation is, according to its website, a "nutrition education foundation." This nutrition education includes claiming that eating lots of fat, meat, and raw (but not pasteurized) dairy is healthy, and that natural things are better than "artificial" ones.
The Weston A. Price Foundation is unrelated to the Weston A. Price Memorial Foundation, which is the old name of the Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation.
What they're for
The WAPF promotes various ideas and therapies, shown below:
- Cholesterol and statin denialism
- Raw milk
- "Natural" supplements
- Coconut and palm oils
- High-fat diets (similar to many low-carb diets)
- The absolutely, positively, categorically undeniable factDo You Believe That? that the modern increase in cancer rates is due to the grains in our diets
- Cholesterol and saturated fat
- Sunlight preventing melanoma
- "Eat only foods that will spoil, but eat them before they do."
- Unrefined Celtic sea salt
What they're against
Things they don't like include the following:
- Monosodium glutamate
- Canola, corn, and cottonseed oil
- Fluoridated water
- "Synthetic vitamins and foods containing them"
- High-fructose corn syrup
- Trans fat
- Microwave ovens (and probably microwaves in general), polyunsaturated oils, white rice, pasteurized milk, and numerous other things.
- Soy milk as baby formula
The website has gotten a redesign in late February 2017. The redesign increased the site's SEO, more people are reading it. Unfortunately website now looks professional. No longer can you tell a crank site by its looks. The popup asks for invasive personal information such as your zip code. It has a lot of mixed https and http content on its webpages leading to the https connection failing to be secure. Accessibility of site is pretty good.
The advocate a gluten-free and casein-free diet, a highly restrictive diet, for children on the autism spectrum. The Promotion of chelation therapy, where you inject dangerous chemicals into the patient, for a range of conditions. Homemade baby formula is a horrible idea that will probably kill your baby. They advertise EMR-Lowering Protocol for children with ADHD and autism. The EMR-Lowering Protocol is based on pseudoscience and the myth that children with ADHD and autism have electromagnetic hypersensitivity and need to have a bunch of supplements shoved in their mouths. Pretending that unvaccinated children are healthier and that vaccines are scary and evil. They gave advice on how to claim a medical exemption for child vaccinations. Please do not let your children drink raw milk. Raw milk can kill children. Pregnant women without an actual vitamin A deficiency, should not increase their uptake of vitamin A. Excess vitamin A during pregnancy increases the risk of birth defects. Health experts even recommend against skin care products containing containing vitamin A.
- "intrauterine growth retardation", now called "Intrauterine Growth Restriction".
- "retarded speech pattern" should be "delayed speech pattern".
- "mental retardation" is today named "Intellectual Disability".
- Their homepage
- Weston A. Price Foundation, article on SourceWatch which is questionable in scientific accuracy.
- Weston Price’s Appalling Legacy
- See the Wikipedia article on Weston A. Price Foundation.
- Harriet Hall (10/13/2015). "Weston Price’s Appalling Legacy". Science-Based Medicine.
- A Holistic Approach to Cancer, Tom Cowan.
- Agave Nectar: Worse Than We Thought, Sally Fallon Morell and Rami Nagel, The Weston A. Price Foundation.
- Soy Alert!
- Myths & Truths About Cholesterol
- Dietary Guidelines, Weston A. Price Foundation.
- Principles of Healthy Diets
- What's Wrong with "Politically Correct" Nutrition?
- Sunlight and Melanoma, William Campbell Douglass.
- cancer control society prevention diet
- Why Organic Soy Milk is Not a Good Alternative to Soy Formula by Kaayla Daniel Weston A. Price Foundation
- Soy Infant Formula and Autism by Merinda Teller. Weston A. Price Foundation
- Detox mercury safely Podcast Weston A. Price Foundation
- Formula – Homemade Baby Formula Weston A. Price Foundation
- Calming Behavior in Children with Autism and ADHD by Katie Singer Weston A. Price Foundation
- Caustic Commentary, Unvaccinated Children Healthier Weston A. Price Foundation
- How to Claim a Medical Exemption in CA by Leslie Manookian Weston A. Price Foundation
- 4th Annual International Raw Milk Symposium to Explore Raw Milk and Our Children’s Future by Kimberly Hartke Weston A. Price Foundation
- Child's death 'most likely linked to consumption of unpasteurised milk', says coroner by Melissa Davey The Guardian
- Vitamin A: The Scarlet Nutrient by Pam Schoenfield Weston A. Price Foundation
- Vitamin A supplementation during pregnancy WHO
- Health Check: are cosmetics containing Vitamin A safe during pregnancy? by Ian Musgrave. The Conversation
- Intrauterine Growth Restriction (IUGR) WebMD
- Adjuvants in Vaccines by Megan Pond. Weston A. Price Foundation