There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2021.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
RationalWiki:Pat on the back society
| I thought this|
was supposed to be
|RationalMedia Foundation (RMF)|
The Pat on the Back Society is an amalgamation of RationalWiki editors who pledge to go about the Wiki and give virtual pats on the back to editors for doing an outstanding, often overlooked, job around the Wiki, and doing things that we, as a community, respect and wish to honor in some measured respect.
- Gold stars for great contributions.
- Olive branches for peacemaking efforts
The goals of the Pat on the Back Society
The society seeks to go around the Wiki and recognize daunting work done by users that would otherwise be ignored on other Wikis. Such tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a good, non-stub article
- Correcting spelling and grammar in more than just a few articles around the Wiki
- Moderating and defusing a dispute that would have otherwise led to a headless chicken mode (HCM)
- Showing a new editor the ropes of RationalWiki
- Technical support for the Wiki which is above and beyond the call of duty (fixing a borked server, for example)
- Anything else that is a daunting Wiki task that is frequently overlooked.