Ross Alan Hauser practices an quack medical practice called prolotherapy in Florida. He is a physiatrist, a physician who specializes in physical rehabilitation. He has promoted an unproven and potentially dangerous prolotherapy injections as treatments for a large assortment of afflictions. Hauser used to promote and administer "cancer reversing" treatments, in the form of IPT (insulin-potentiation therapy) injections. Hauser makes the difficult-to-believe claim that "I administer 1000's of injections every day". Prolotherapy is an unregulated medical practice, requiring no certification. Prolotherapy has been available since the 1950s when it was developed by surgeon George Halkett; despite this, there is scant evidence of its efficacy.
Hauser has been sued at least 7 times for medical malpractice in Illinois. In 2019, Hauser moved his Caring Medical Practice from Oak Park, Illinois to Fort Myers, Florida, presumably to seek a legal venue more favorable to him in any future lawsuits.
Hauser pushes his Hackett-Hemwall-Hauser (H3) method of prolotherapy injections as treatments and/or cures for a myriad of afflictions, ranging from simple to complex. He has over 500 YouTube videos on his Caring Medical channel; nearly each of which claiming to treat whichever respective affliction is the topic of the video.
Hauser has pushed unproven cancer treatments in the form of insulin potentiation therapy. He used to administer these treatments from his Caring Medical Cancer Care Center/Caring Cancer and Interventional Natural Medicine Center. The wider medical community does not recognize IPT as an effective cancer treatment, as it is known to be promoted by a small group of practitioners without trustworthy evidence that it works.
Hauser has advocated bee venom injections around people's spines as a means to treat multiple sclerosis. This does not have evidence of efficacy for multiple sclerosis, and such unorthodox use of allergens such as bee venom come with risk and, in susceptible individuals, can lead to serious life threatening reactions.
Dr. Hauser has stated that he is a practitioner of "Neurocranial Restructuring", a treatment developed by naturopath Dean Howell involving the inflation of a balloon into a patient's nostrils, and briefly into the throat, as a means to "unwind the body and return it toward its original design". In an interview, Hauser has stated, "If a person suffers from Attention Deficit Disorder, concentration difficulties, autism, Down syndrome, balance difficulties, tinnitus or ringing in the ears, vertigo, allergies, chronic sinusitis, chronic neck pain, back pain, scoliosis, headaches, torticollis, tremor, chronic fatigue, Fibromyalgia… these are the kinds of conditions that respond very well to NeuroCranial Restructuring". In the same interview, Hauser also stated "…often a doctor or clinician trained in NeuroCranial Restructuring can look at a person’s face and know that they’re going to be an appropriate candidate for NeuroCranial Restructuring."
Hauser has authored several books on the topics of prolotherapy, cancer treatment, nutrition, and diet. On the back cover synopsis of his boo, Treating Cancer With Insulin Potentiation Therapy, within the "About the Authors" section, states "They now use the therapy as part of a comprehensive natural medicine program to reverse cancer and cancer physiology".
Hauser makes money by selling prolotherapy, PRP (platlet-rich plasma), bone marrow injections, supplements (historically often under brand name "Benuts"), and his publications, including "The Hauser Diet", a protocol that categorizes individuals into macronutrient distributions and other dietary advice based on their "animal-type".
Hauser has stated that "prolotherapy is not dangerous, prolotherapy cures chronic pain". Additionally, he has stated that he has "not seen dangerous results from his prolotherapy injections".
There exist many reviews of injured patients from Hauser's prolotherapy treatments across the internet on patient-doctor review platforms, including RateMD, Google Reviews, Yelp, and Vitals. At least one alleged former patient seems to have dedicated an entire website to their tragic story of the debilitating health outcomes incurred from Hauser's prolotherapy treatments.
Hauser has stated that he is a Christian. He has contributed to the book God's Name Is Jesus. He is known to mix Christianity with his medical treatments, and has even prayed with patients before administering treatment.
A former employee of Hauser, acting as a radiology technologist/medical assistant, stated that Hauser "is notorious for unfair treatment towards staff, unfair treatment with religious discrimination towards others who do not share same beliefs". One of Hauser's patients' companions stated in an article from Chicago Reader, on the topic of Hauser treating multiple sclerosis with bee venom injections, the following: "…He was sure Hauser would be a 'flake', the bee-venom study a 'scam'. Then, above a filing cabinet, he spotted a poster extolling Jesus as a 'compassionate healer', a 'friend', a 'giver of life'. He’d never seen references to religion in a doctor’s office before, and they set his mind at ease."
- Prolo Your Pain Away: Curing Chronic Pain with Prolotherapy (Beulah Land Press, 1998) ISBN 9780979633706
- Prolo Your Sports Injuries Away! Curing Sports Injuries and Enhancing Athletic Performance with Prolotherapy (Beulah Land Press, 2000) ISBN 9780966101010
- Prolo Your Arthritis Pain Away! Curing Disabling and Disfiguring Arthritis Pain with Prolotherapy (Beulah Land Press, 2000) ISBN 9780966101058
- Prolo Your Back Pain Away! Curing Chronic Lower Back Pain with Prolotherapy (Beulah Land Press, 2000) ISBN 9780966101027
- Prolo Your Fibromyalgia Pain Away! Curing the Chronic Body Pain with Prolotherapy (Beulah Land Press, 2000) ISBN 9780966101041
- Prolo Your Headaches and Neck Pain Away! Curing Migraines and Chronic Neck Pain with Prolotherapy (Beulah Land Press, 2000) ISBN 978-0966101034
- Prolotherapy: An Alternative to Knee Surgery (Beulah Land Press, 2004) ISBN 9780966101089
- Treating Cancer with Insulin Potentiation Therapy Paperback (Caring Medical & Rehab Serv, 2002) ISBN 9780966101065
- The Hauser Diet: A Fresh Look At Healthy Living! (Beulah Land Press, 2007) ISBN 9780966101072
- God's Name Is Jesus Paperback (Advantage Inspirational, 2005) ISBN 9781597550079
- Caring Medical
- The exorbitant fees per visit, which can be for just
- A photo of Dr. Hauser administering an injection to a patient for insulin potentiation therapy training.
- A Special Message to Cancer Patients Seeking Alternative Treatments, Hauser’s treating cancer with IPT book listed as nonrecommended Quackwatch
- FDA Warning Letter to Beulah Land Nutritionals, the supplement company of Marian Hauser and Ross Hauser Quackwatch
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 What to Know About Prolotherapy WebMD.
- ↑ Ross Hauser, MD Caring Medical.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Ross Hauser's YouTube Channel YouTube.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Insulin Potentiation Therapy Caring Cancer Center (archived from September 29, 2002).
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Treating Cancer with Insulin Potentiation Therapy by Ross A. Hauser & Marion A. Hauser (2002) Beulah Land Press. ISBN 9780966101065.
- ↑ Prolotherapy Doctor | Ross A. Hauser, M.D. Caring Medical.
- ↑ Medical Mal-Practice 1997, case number: 1997-L-015350 Cook County Clerk of the Circuit Court.
- ↑ Medical Mal-Practice 1997, case number: 1997L064003 Cook County Clerk of the Circuit Court.
- ↑ Medical Mal-Practice 2000, case number: 2000L005728 Cook County Clerk of the Circuit Court.
- ↑ Medical Mal-Practice 2002, case number: 2002L006355 Cook County Clerk of the Circuit Court.
- ↑ Medical Mal-Practice 2003, case number: 2003L000311 Cook County Clerk of the Circuit Court.
- ↑ Medical Mal-Practice 2005, case number: 2005L002770 Cook County Clerk of the Circuit Court.
- ↑ Medical Mal-Practice 2018, case number: 2018L011290 Cook County Clerk of the Circuit Court.
- ↑ The Medical Malpractice Rundown: A State-by-State Report Card by Greg Roslund (July 21, 2014) Emergency Physicians Monthly.
- ↑ H3 Prolotherapy Caring Medical.
- ↑ See the Wikipedia article on Insulin Potentiation Therapy.
- ↑ Why You Should Stay Away From Insulin Potentiation Therapy by Robert Baratz (August 31, 2013) Quackwatch.
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 18.2 Can Bee Stings Cure MS? by Tori Marlan (August 21, 1997) Chicago Reader. Hauser recruiting patients for bee-venom injections via letters placed in a health-food shop.
- ↑ Woman dies after having bee-sting therapy (23 March 2018) BBC.
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 NeuroCranial Restructuring Testimonials and Case Studies Ross Hauser interview with Dean Howell, NeuroCranial Restructuring: Dr. Dean Howell (archived from February 8, 2020).
- ↑ Be Wary of NeuroCranial Restructuring (NCR) by Stephen Barrett (June 12, 2009) Quack Watch.
- ↑ What is Neurocranial RestructuringNeuroCranial Restructuring: Dr. Dean Howell (archived from February 8, 2020).
- ↑ Benuts Staff
- ↑ What Is the Hauser Diet? Hauser Diet.
- ↑ The Hauser Diet: A Fresh Look At Healthy Living! by Marion A. Hauser, Nicole M. Baird & Ross A. Hausser (2007) Beulah Land Press. ISBN 9780966101072.
- ↑ How Safe is Prolotherapy? by Ross Hauser, GetProlo (archived from March 18, 2010).
- ↑ Caring Medical reply to Reed Smith's criticism of prolotherapy (March 6, 2020) Facebook.
- ↑ Dr. Ross Hauser RateMDs.
- ↑ 15 reviews for Caring Medical Florida that are not currently recommended Yelp.
- ↑ Dr. Ross Alan Hauser, MD Vitals.
- ↑ How to Ruin Your Life with Prolotherapy Ross Hauser Review. A former patient’s experience of Ross Hauser’s treatments.
- ↑ 32.0 32.1 32.2 Finding joy in difficult times- Chronic pain doctor shares Biblical perspective and his faith in God by Caring Medical & Hauser Neck Center (June 2022) YouTube.
- ↑ God’s Name is Jesus by Ralph H. Bjork (2005) Advantage Books. ISBN 1597550078. Testimony by Ross A. Hauser.
- ↑ Prolo Your Pain Away! Curing Chronic Pain with Prolotherapy by Ross A. Hauser & Marion A. Boomer Hauser (2017) Sorridi Business Consulting. ISBN 9780990301202. 4th edition.
- ↑ Working at Caring Medical Regenerative Medicine Clinics (January 4, 2019) Indeed.