Proofs of God's existence
According to perfectly
flawed clear logic, over 600 points proving that god exists. I like 312 in particular
http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/GodProof.htm — Unsigned, by: 188.8.131.52 / talk / contribs
Spaghetti making equipment exists, vegetable spaghetti exists and there are vegetable spaghetti-isers.
- 1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
You can't prove a spiritual existence physically, you must first look spiritually to understand. Most people wont so they will never find out. God will not show you proof unless you are willing to put aside your pride and search for him. Instead of finding ways to prove he doesn't exist try to check to see if he does.King Tempest 21:24, 17 June 2017 (UTC)
'He was a self-made man, for which God was truly grateful.'
I think this article could benefit from the concept that Gods fulfill a psychological role in an alienated society, the same role that is filled by talking to oneself (having imaginary conversations in one's head), but personified and externalized. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 14:16, 27 February 2017 (UTC)
Some would argue that the concept of God/the Gods arises in part out of 'trying to explain this complex world/universe (as us humans sure as did not', 'a sense of wonder/beauty' and 'why did these things happen' - and also as a means of fixing an ethical system.
God off duty
Where do the Deity/Deities' clothes come from - and who does the ironing? The 'general household maintenance' (imagine removing the hair from the bathroom sink after shaving/hair trimming)?
- Well God takes only the Sabbath off according to the bible but even then he looks after us so he does still work.--King Tempest 13:08, 28 August 2017 (UTC)
- Time works differently for deities (and perhaps they call BibleGod 'a total workaholic' behind his back).
- Or perhaps they go in for working holidays/exchange visits - which might lead to some interesting results (or deity-centric fanfic - the various gods of war go off on an Urban CaveGod Bonding Course; the various gods borrowing 'the flood' (so the reason the water disappears is that it goes back into the props box) etc). Anna Livia (talk) 10:02, 29 August 2017 (UTC)
- Time does work different for God, 1000 years is a day like a day unto Him so that would mean a long time span for us is like nothing to Him. It's most likely due to the fact the universe is always in motion, in other words the theory that time slows down the faster you go would apply here.--Rimuru Da Ninja 13:15, 29 August 2017 (UTC)
Imbecile, hmmmmmmm, well this whole topic was just for the luz--Rimuru Da Ninja 13:22, 29 August 2017 (UTC)
- Posted for the amusement/entertainment value - and a way of annoying the 'god botherer brigades' (who quite probably get assigned any cleanup duty that God doesn't say 'Lo - be done' to).
- So where would God go day-tripping to? Anna Livia (talk) 14:12, 29 August 2017 (UTC)
Responding to the initial question - I don't want to be sexist here, but I guess there is a Mrs God around somewhere. I mean God is obviously male and he has a son - so, well, doesn't this imply a mummy God somewhere?--Bob"Life is short and (insert adjective)" 20:22, 29 August 2017 (UTC)
- In the Book of Job God (and elsewhere) has discussions with his sons.
- And I deliberately used Deity/Deities to cover all possibilities (including AmoebaGod, MushroomGod, complex gender systems etc). And the idea of 'a deity' doing the same things as us (given that we are created in said deity's image) can be amusing. Anna Livia (talk) 10:20, 30 August 2017 (UTC)