'He was a self-made man, for which God was truly grateful.'
Some would argue that the concept of God/the Gods arises in part out of 'trying to explain this complex world/universe (as us humans sure as did not', 'a sense of wonder/beauty' and 'why did these things happen' - and also as a means of fixing an ethical system.
God off duty
Where do the Deity/Deities' clothes come from - and who does the ironing? The 'general household maintenance' (imagine removing the hair from the bathroom sink after shaving/hair trimming)?
- Well God takes only the Sabbath off according to the bible but even then he looks after us so he does still work.--Rimuru Tempest 13:08, 28 August 2017 (UTC)
- Time works differently for deities (and perhaps they call BibleGod 'a total workaholic' behind his back).
- Or perhaps they go in for working holidays/exchange visits - which might lead to some interesting results (or deity-centric fanfic - the various gods of war go off on an Urban CaveGod Bonding Course; the various gods borrowing 'the flood' (so the reason the water disappears is that it goes back into the props box) etc). Anna Livia (talk) 10:02, 29 August 2017 (UTC)
- Time does work different for God, 1000 years is a day like a day unto Him so that would mean a long time span for us is like nothing to Him. It's most likely due to the fact the universe is always in motion, in other words the theory that time slows down the faster you go would apply here.--King Tempest 13:15, 29 August 2017 (UTC)
Imbecile, hmmmmmmm, well this whole topic was just for the luz--Rimuru Da Ninja 13:22, 29 August 2017 (UTC)
- Posted for the amusement/entertainment value - and a way of annoying the 'god botherer brigades' (who quite probably get assigned any cleanup duty that God doesn't say 'Lo - be done' to).
- So where would God go day-tripping to? Anna Livia (talk) 14:12, 29 August 2017 (UTC)
Responding to the initial question - I don't want to be sexist here, but I guess there is a Mrs God around somewhere. I mean God is obviously male and he has a son - so, well, doesn't this imply a mummy God somewhere?--Bob"Life is short and (insert adjective)" 20:22, 29 August 2017 (UTC)
- In the Book of Job God (and elsewhere) has discussions with his sons.
- And I deliberately used Deity/Deities to cover all possibilities (including AmoebaGod, MushroomGod, complex gender systems etc). And the idea of 'a deity' doing the same things as us (given that we are created in said deity's image) can be amusing. Anna Livia (talk) 10:20, 30 August 2017 (UTC)
Duterte on God
- ‘Who Is This Stupid God?’ For His Latest Insult, Duterte Aims High. Cosmikdebris (talk) 19:21, 26 June 2018 (UTC)
Who do the 'Deity or Deities' worship?
Given that the Christian God created humanity (or 'the vital part and soul') who, according to some 'theorists' have a sinful nature, must not God, logically, be a sinner? (This is less of an issue with those deities who enjoy wine, bed-sharing and song among other activities, who seem to accept that people are no better than they themselves are - though objecting to blasphemy, impiety, and other such disruptive activities.) Anna Livia (talk) 18:42, 18 September 2018 (UTC)
- As the Book of Genesis tells us, humanity was created in God's image. Considering religious leaders almost never apply their preachings to their own life, it follows that we should expect the same from God. ;) 22.214.171.124 (talk) 02:24, 29 September 2018 (UTC)
For the man who insists you fairly represent theist and atheist
This page is a laughing stock at this point in time and no person who comes across this is going to do anything more than laugh or sneer. The community here treats reason like wit and it's disparaging. We all know its both impossible to prove and disprove God, now approach the topic with some respect. I would love to be part of this community which claims to value reason, but if that is not true but just clickbait, I'll gladly move on. — Unsigned, by: Theokid12 / talk / contribs
- Sign your name, and you seem not to understand the nature of RW (at least some of whom are of persuasions other than male).
- And what aspects of the topic should be treated with respect - theology (yours and/or others'), this article, your particular god, or 'deities in general'? Anna Livia (talk) 18:35, 18 April 2019 (UTC)
- "we all know it's impossible to prove and disprove god" seems like a statement that is itself quite unprovable. If you knew the qualities sufficient to prove or disprove god being possible, you'd be able to do one or the other by using those qualities. Self contradicting. Also, taking the things "everyone knows" to be true and calling them true is a dangerously wrong attitude towards most questions.
- Also, I like both laughing and sneering as appropriate. ikanreed 🐐Bleat at me 18:54, 18 April 2019 (UTC)