Does he have a significant enough following for us to care about him? I want you to check this page to see why I'm asking this. DuceMoosoliniYour friendly RW
dictator moderator 15:54, 31 May 2019 (UTC)
He currently gets over a million views every month. He's also debating Sargon of Akkad on 30.11.2019. I think it's significant enough that he should qualify for a proper published page. — Unsigned, by: DemSocks / talk / contribs
- 1 Why is he gaining subscribers so fast?
- 2 Ever since his endorsement of Biden, he just act, if not worst to the stereotypical description of a tactical voting centrist (or a Democratic Party loyalist) and gross hypocrite
- 3 bullsh*t
- 4 Twitch incident?
- 5 settling that question on transphobic behavior.
- 6 Why does Vaush make so many gaffes?
- 7 "Tactical N-Word" Revision
- 8 Vaush apologists
Why is he gaining subscribers so fast?
- @Nebuchadnezzar7658 He's good at marketing. Also, he's crossing several YouTube/Twitch subgroups together, including but not limited to, streaming games, debates, response videos, political commentary, and a daily show format. ☭Comrade GC☭Ministry of Praise 02:51, 8 July 2020 (UTC)
Ever since his endorsement of Biden, he just act, if not worst to the stereotypical description of a tactical voting centrist (or a Democratic Party loyalist) and gross hypocrite
As ever since he been endorsing Biden in April or May, he went a series of attacks on other leftists who don't think that tactical voting is not too beneficial but also equally harming their side, as losers or something like that. And just like any person, who rejects this belief, as just but brutally shame, for the wrong reasons. Judging some tweets and a couple of videos in the past four months. 2606:A000:1011:4594:B44E:CC10:4F4:74E0 (talk) 13:09, 14 August 2020 (UTC)
- How is he being a hypocrite? The man is a consequentialist, and has openly stated his flexibility on these sorts of topics. You could argue he's being a stuck up asshole, but then that's not really anything new. ☭Comrade GC☭Ministry of Praise 13:17, 14 August 2020 (UTC)
- Our use of Vaush's avatar would go under fair use if I am not mistaken. His face in the other hand doesn't go under fair use, since it doesn't add much of anything to our article. Techpriest (I am Alpharius! / / / ) 23:14, 9 October 2020 (UTC)
He was banned from twitch - https://twitter.com/vaushv/status/1195132871758864384?lang=en What's the full picture? Clips of instigating incident anywhere? 220.127.116.11 (talk) 01:54, 4 November 2020 (UTC)
settling that question on transphobic behavior.
This edit war is growing pathetic. Instead of people editing across each other, warring in and out the same edits, I want this settled by community consensus to resolve this once and for all. I have no stake in this discussion, but here goes.
The segment at discussion is:
“”This is unlikely since Vaush is one of the most pro-trans Youtubers in the site.
It has been warred several times over, including more in the page history. Let's get a consensus up. I have no stake in whichever we end up going with, but this is getting dumb. Let's resolve it. Techpriest (I am Alpharius! / / / ) 09:30, 16 December 2020 (UTC)
Watch the actual videos cited as evidence of his transphobia. Literally the only thing he says is that people who aggressively attacked ContraPoints--who is a trans person--on Twitter are mentally ill basement-dwellers. How anybody could possibly interpret his defense of ContraPoints, *a trans person*, and his criticism of ContraPoints' attackers, as transphobia is utterly beyond me. It's a garbage citation that falls apart after you spend 30 seconds listening to the linked video. Bullshit citations look worse on RationalWiki than they do anywhere else. Chopin 7 March 2021
Why does Vaush make so many gaffes?
It is a serious question actually because unlike Biden he does not have any disability, so what he says should always be genuine.
Yesterday, the Alt-Right on Twitter was mocking him for some disparaging comments concerning children he made both on Twitter and Discord. If you did not know Vaush has a bad reputation around that, I think as far back as 2016 people thought he was a Pedophile. Here's an example tweet: https://twitter.com/amperetwt/status/1359847358801010688/photo/1
I know it is Twitter and Twitter is the haven of angry people, so nobody should take them seriously, right? I wish that was completely true, however, there are journalists and the everyday people on the website, so lies can go very far on there. Should that be noted on the article? MarioSuperstar77 (talk) 17:00, 12 February 2021 (UTC)
- Vaush fits a very specific type of internet personality. The loud and abrasive type that shares a lot of overlap with 4chan in basic characteristics (willing to argue anything to win, doesn't care what other people think of him, not above just straight up trolling others), but still has the fundamental ability to drop the act when serious and legitimately caring about other people. Should this be noted... eh? We cover all his gaffes already, but the why isn't the most interesting thing out there tbh, given he's not unique in that. (And please do some extra research before pasting what I just said in the article, this is poorly worded and I encourage you to do some research on your own in this kinda personality if you want to cite it). Techpriest (I am Alpharius! / / / ) 17:19, 12 February 2021 (UTC)
- I won’t be editing the article to reflect this (living people etc), but personally I think the most convincing explanation is that he’s legitimately hiding something, just not very well (or it could be a “hiding in plain sight” thing). He’s admitted to sexual harassment of adults, which the article already covers.
- It’s definitely worth mentioning all the other times he’s talked about pedophilia, not just the most famous one. Christopher (talk) 17:47, 12 February 2021 (UTC)
"Tactical N-Word" Revision
The section where it says he stands by his use of the N-word in that context should be revised as he has since stated that it was bad.
It's funny how this site worships Vaush even though he said the N word (HARD R), sexually assaults womens, has made other racist comments and GOT DESTROYED BY DESTINY in a debate. --2607:FEA8:2BA0:1F6:F8A8:6C2E:78E4:FE2A (talk) 18:52, 26 March 2021 (UTC)
- A couple of things: Categories do not substitute content. They are used for indexing, not for telling us what a page is about. At the moment, the two categories you warred into the article (as well as our other random favorite Vaush... antifans?) are Racists/Sexists. With racist, there's only the n-word claim which he seems to have walked back since. It's bad, but there's no pattern here, which is usually what we rely on for those categories (or high-profile incidents, basically there's a barrier here). Sexism is that one time creeping in DMs; again bad but seems like an isolated incident. As for the "got destroyed by destiny"... why do I have to care about him getting roasted by some other youtuber whose most notable claim to fame for me was showing that Jontron is a dumbass? Look, I don't watch Vaush, although I doubt that will stop you from calling me a Vaush fanboy. If you want these categories in the article; find recent examples he has not apologized for or still stands by, write a paragraph about it and edit it in. Techpriest (I am Alpharius! / / / ) 21:21, 26 March 2021 (UTC)
He said the N-word with a "hard r" and that is not the only racist thing he said. He also said, "all black women sound the same" (he claimed he meant to say all black conservative women), and then made fun of a black woman's hair. He said we should bomb Israel proving his anti-semitism. So what? if he apologized, doesn't make it okay, the Amazing Atheist also apologized for telling a rape victim he deserved it but that doesn't make it ok. So according to "rational wiki" we should release every murder and rapists from jail if they apologize. You clearly are a Vaush fanboy if you are doing these mental gymnastics to face the facts. Next, you also called Destiny "irrelevant" however he has a Wikipedia page while Vaush does not. He's also more relevant than you or this site will ever be so this is just a meaningless projection. --2607:FEA8:2BA0:1F6:95B8:A363:4811:6795 (talk) 21:21, 28 March 2021 (UTC):