There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2021.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
| Like and subscribe|
Vaush (or VaushV) is a socialist YouTuber and occasional troll who advocates for "pro-markets" libertarian socialism to replace capitalism as an economic system in the near future. He's gained a modest amount of fame online for his videos criticizing and debating reactionaries such as Sargon of Akkad, Blaire White, Count Dankula, and Jesse Lee Peterson, but also for his sexual harassment. Before making his own channel, he went by IrishLaddie and was predominantly known for his appearances on Destiny’s streams. He is far edgier than the majority of BreadTubers, which is something that gained him considerable controversy, like when he joked about genociding transgender people ("The Trans Question", which is a reference to the Jewish Question and how it led to the mass extermination of Jews in Europe).
Vaush's YouTube channel has over 41 million views and 216,000 subscribers.
- Vaush supports socialism, specifically libertarian socialism in the short term and anarcho-syndicalism farther into the future. Vaush believes that while market economies have their downsides, they are necessary for technological development.
- He is pansexual and a vocal LGBT rights advocate. More specifically, many of his videos debunk transphobic fearmongering.
- Vaush is pro-gun. He is a staunch advocate for armed struggle and believes a revolution is the best way to achieve socialism.
- Vaush advocates for anti-sectarianism in leftist spaces online. He is willing to work with leftists he doesn't fully agree with in order to accomplish common goals such as socialism, and he supports coalitions between anarchists and communists to establish socialism (and then they can fight amongst themselves once a better world is achieved).
- Vaush believes that despite calling themselves Jewish nationalists, Zionists have a very strong tendency to be anti-Semitic themselves.
- Based on his video about Slavoj Žižek, he believes it is okay to criticize political correctness as long as it isn’t being used as a dog whistle for a conservative and/or fascist agenda.
- Despite his general opposition to more “anti-SJW” types, he is good friends with Shoe0nHead and is amicable towards The Amazing Atheist and Chris Ray Gun. He is also on friendly terms with former conservative YouTuber Hunter Avallone.
- He loathes liberal identity politics and "pop feminism", and strongly advocates for free speech while also not supporting state-controlled hate speech laws.
- He supported Bernie Sanders' 2020 campaign for President of the United States, but unlike many of his fellow Sanders supporters, he opposes the "Bernie or Bust" movement and plans to vote for Joe Biden in the general election since Sanders dropped out of the primary race. He later defended his position with the use of revolutionary theory he claimed he read recently. Tankies have claimed that Vaush quote-mined and read summaries of works instead of reading from the works he referenced, arriving at a misreading of the theoretical works.
Vaush has debated fascists, conservatives and neoliberals. His debating style could be considered a more aggressive version of Destiny's conservative arc debates. While he occasionally does rather poorly (his first debate with Sargon wasn't his most impressive moment, although Sargon always sounds stupid), he is arguably the best person at debating far-right chuds at the moment (exemplified through his second debate with Sargon). Here's a list of the most prominent people he has debated:
- Coach Red Pill
- James Allsup and Eric Striker (teamed with Destiny)
- Hunter Avallone
- Sargon of Akkad
- Stefan Molyneux
- Adam Kokesh
- Vegan Gains
In March 2019, several direct messages were leaked in which Vaush (previously known as IrishLaddie) was acting creepily towards members of Destiny's Discord server. Before logs being leaked of the event, and discussed by Destiny, he considered confronting one of the victims as shown in a photo of his discord. And his accusers claim that he considered doxxing them. In response to the leaked image of the former, Vaush has claimed that the reason he considered it was because he had reason to believe they were going to spread false information about him. He adds that he changed his mind in the same conversation, after his discord expressed a negative reaction to his plan. After this drama occurred, Vaush and his admins/mods White Nervosa and Rodriguez commented that he was trying to dissociate from his old moniker IrishLaddie in favor of VaushVidya, which he had already been using for some time, in order to deflect some backlash. Since the event, Vaush has released all the logs from the event, apologised extensively for his behaviour, and has promised to do better in future.
Allegations of transphobia
In June 2019, Vaush received pushback among several Twitter users, ranging from some of his own fanbase to the compilation account HotCisTakes, for posting a tweet that starts with “Honestly fuck trans people” that many interpreted to be dismissive of trans people offended by misgendering. Vaush insisted it was a joke intended to mock transphobes and that he meant no ill will towards trans people (his YouTube content is remarkably pro-trans, especially by the standards of the site, and he has supported trans content creators ranging from ContraPoints to Comrade Cora). Many rejected this characterization, citing that the tweet sounded far too similar to something actual transphobes would say to justify committing violence against trans people, almost as if he was making light of such a serious issue as transphobia. Of course, this is unlikely since Vaush is one of the most pro-trans Youtubers in history.
Vaush sometimes uses slurs for irony value, supposedly to break the stereotype of BreadTube as a bunch of "easily triggered SJWs", a characterization usually only adopted by the far-right, and also as a way to attract and potentially de-radicalize right-wing chuds. He has also said nigger on his stream. This has been done in the context of the Killstream, where he was debating multiple neo-Nazis who jumped around saying the N-word, and Vaush said this to show he wasn't afraid of their speech. Incidentally, this did silence them briefly, and he has gone on to say that he stands by his use of the word in this context.
- I sexually harassed a girl two years ago, there's a video about it on my channel by Vaush (9:54 PM - 9 Jun 2019) Twitter (archived from September 24, 2020).
- Tearing Apart Every Single Word of JK Rowling's TERF Manifesto
- Tweet of Vaush buying Joe Biden merch
- Would Marx, Engels, Lenin, etc. Have Supported Biden? I Read Theory to Find Out!
- Vaush Is So F***ing Wrong About, Well, Everything But Specifically Marx & Lenin
- Debating Coach Red Pill
- Surprise Debate w/ DESTINY
- REMATCH with Destiny - Classism, Anti-Left Bias & Market Socialism
- Debating Destiny LIVE in Los Angeles
- Destiny Attacks me on Climate Change; Whether He's a "White Moderate"
- Debating Destiny After He Defends the Kenosha Shooter
- Vaush & Destiny Vs Striker & Allsup | Race & Police Brutality DEBATE
- DEBATE w/ Hunter Avallone
- SPICY DEBATE w/ I,Hypocrite, Who TRIED HIS BEST
- Debating Sargon of Akkad
- Debating SARGON OF AKKAD and EXPOSING him as a White Nationalist
- Debating Stefan Molyneux and OBLITERATING him with Facts, Logic, & Arguments
- Debating AnCap (and Libertarian Presidential Candidate) Adam Kokesh
- Debating Vegan Gains on Intersectionality, Veganism, & Capitalism
- VAUSH VS. VEE! - DRUNKEN PEASANTS DEBATE NIGHT! | DP #602
- Ethan Ralph & Vaush in a Free-form Conversation - Is There ANY Common Ground? | DP #699
- Mega.nz mirror
- Am I a Jew? Arguing with Nazis on THE KILLSTREAM, Vaush on Youtube, 14 May 2019.