There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2019.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
Thomas Henry Moray
| Style over substance|
Thomas Henry Moray (August 28, 1892 - May 1974) was a free energy crank from Salt Lake City, Utah, active in the 1930s. He developed the Moray Valve, a device for extracting "radiant energy" from the "energy waves of the universe," which he thought to be an inexhaustible environmental energy source.
In the 1930s, Moray reported that he and his family had been threatened and shot at on several occasions and his lab ransacked to stop his free energy research and public demonstrations. Ray Reece's 1975 book The Sun Betrayed claimed solar energy production was being suppressed by the US governmental bureau allocated to help its development.
Moray demonstrated the Moray Valve in the 1920s. It consisted of a large antenna connected to a complex series of high voltage capacitors, transformers, and semiconductors. He applied for a patent, but it was refused as a perpetual motion machine. Apparently it was destroyed by a hammer-wielding observer in 1939.
His fans claim he invented the transistor before Bell Labs, but refused to sell his technology to corporate interests, fearing its misuse.
A patent was filed on the Moray Radiant Energy device on 13 July 1931. It consisted of a mixture of triboluminescent zinc (a semiconductor) and a pellet of radioactive material inside a tube. It was claimed to produce up to 50,000 watts for sustained periods of time.
- Nikola Tesla, whom Moray admired
Works by Moray
- Moray, T. Henry, "Beyond the Light Rays". (MS Word .doc)
- Moray, T. Henry, "Radiant Energy for Beyond the Light Rays Lies The Secret of the Universe, The Evolution of Energy and Matter". (MS Word .doc)
- Moray, T. Henry, "Radiant Energy for Beyond the Light Rays Lies The Secret of the Universe, The Evolution and the Transmutation of the Atom". (MS Word .doc)
- Moray, T. Henry, "The Sea of Energy in Which The Earth Floats, For Beyond the Light Rays Lies the Secret of The Universe". (MS Word .doc)
- Moray, T. Henry, "The Sea of Energy". (MS Word .doc)
- GL Johnson, Searchers for a new energy source: Tesla, Moray, and Bearden. Power Engineering Review, IEEE, 1992.
- Gerry Vassiliatos. Lost Science. Adventures Unlimited Press ISBN 0-932813-75-5, 1999. Chapter 6, "Endless Light: Thomas Henry Moray", pp. 169–224
- B. King, Moray (2005). The Energy Machine of T. Henry Moray: Zero-Point Energy & Pulsed Plasma Physics. Adventures Unlimited Press. p. 13. ISBN 978-1931882422. http://books.google.com/books?id=eD1GeJ1UZ-UC&pg=PA13. Retrieved 2013-03-21.
- Infinite Battery From Tom Bearden's Website (EXCERPTED FROM TOM BEARDEN'S "EXCALIBUR BRIEFING"),http://www.cheniere.org/books/excalibur/moray.htm
- Reece, Ray (1999). The Sun Betrayed: A Report on the Corporate Seizure of U.S. Solar Energy Development (1st ed.). South End Press. ISBN 0-89608-071-4. , page 14-15