I got jerked out of my vacation when the recent CP Blog Rush finally caught up with me. Right now, I'm still in a very Zen mindset, so I think I'll keep up my vacation from CP and just semi-lurk here.
It's actually surprising how easy it was to leave the entire CP drama behind me. I've been keeping an eye on CP ever since joining in... March or so, and I never managed to keep up the earlier boycotts. But this time? Bam - no more CP, and that's that. And after a while, I realized that I always gave the place too much credit. It's not that interesting, it's not that funny, it's not that important. I don't feel I missed anything by not going there, and that's a fairly important realization for me. I think the entire vacation was worth the time because it let me reach that insight.
I hope that me staying away from CP and maybe only doing sideline stuff here will allow me to stay productive. It felt great to actually get creative work done again, and I won't sacrifice that for some Lulz. Reading WIGO is still a nice activity (often enough, the summaries here are more than enough to give me CP hilarity without actually exposing me to it directly), though, and I'll see how long I can keep up reading it without clicking anything. :P
Until then, I'll be lurking around here until I get a proper grip again. Then, we'll see where my new niche will be. :)
--Sid 19:57, 23 November 2007 (EST)
Update: Okay, I'll occasionally glance at CP again. After all, I need some sort of measurement border for idiocy to put the other idiots in my life in relation to. ;) --Sid 20:11, 8 December 2007 (EST)
People I have been accused of being (or who have been accused of being me):
- I have been accused (by "BarfBarrel" and "Raptor" - who, from what I gather, are both TK's socks) of controlling the Conservapedia Column blog. For the log: As of right now, I made ZERO entries and ZERO comments there. The blog belongs to User:AKjeldsen.
- Some poor guy ("MfD") got (briefly) blocked for being me, among other people. I'm not sure how that works (unless I'm Colin, Icewedge and Jtl), but hey, that's the magic of CP.
- "BjornBenny" got banned for being me. No idea who the guy is, but I'm certainly not a UK-based lawyer in the Netherlands who plays backgammon with his wife while drinking wine.
- TK told me in a mail that I'm PFoster now, too. Apparent reasoning: This diff has my name in the left column. Sadly enough, this is not the first time that TK fails at reading simple diffs.
- Range blocking logs have moved to Conservapedia:IP blocks.
- The brief return - A summary of why I got banned again on CP. Very WTF-ish.
- Archive 1 and Archive 2 of my old CP talk page
- Wikipedia or Conservapedia? - Can you guess who said all that about which site?
- Deleted pages - What articles are considered to be not family-friendly on CP? "Child" and "Family values", for example!
- Sandbox - What I'm idly working on
If you want to talk to me, head to my Talk Page and add a section at the bottom. I'll reply under your message unless you specifically want me to go to your page.
|Why is Theory of evolution so popular?||Page Popularity|
|A quick analysis to find out a bit about the target audience of the third-most popular article on Conservapedia: User:Sid/Popularity of Evolution||Now that the blog/news rush is pretty much over, what pages do people go to? A few observations: User:Sid/Popularity.|
|Things you probably didn't know about Conservapedia||Things that make you go "Hmmm..."|
|Quoting CPWebmaster (sysop and bureaucrat):
Notable Contributions on CP
- Nobel Prize - rewrite, still needs work
- Origin of the Moon - rewrite
- Absolute temperature scale - rewrite, still needs work
- Full Text of the United States Constitution - created compact ToC
- Conservapedia:Footnotes - technical help - pretty much created from scratch
- Tolerance - first version of article
- Square root - Just some ordering, formatting and fleshing out, but it made a difference.
Bans and Warnings on CP
- Warning by Conservative for changing Speed of light. (Reference)
- Later taken back. No harm done.
- Ban (1 day) by Niandra. (Reference)
- Accident with the ban tool, she apologized. No harm done.
- Warning by Aschlafly about using sarcasm on his Talk page. (Reference)
- Apparently serious. Note to self: Don't be sarcastic on his Talk page.
- Quasi-Warning by Aschlafly about removing gossip from the Wikipedia article. (Reference)
- I promised not to edit Wikipedia article anymore.
- Ban (2 hours) by TK for fixing dead-end pages and adding stub notices to them. (Reference)
- Unbanned after a few minutes, but while I was banned...
- Warning by TK for fixing accidental censorship and for implementing changes a sysop wanted to do. (Reference)
- Discussion involved harassment by TK, later changed to him simply ignoring the fact that he messed up twice.
- Filed a complaint with bureaucrat Aschlafly.
- Complaint got stuffed into an archive without a single reply.
- Ban (14 minutes) by Ed Poor for "insults", most likely for when I replied to TK's flamebait. (Reference)
- Ban (12 hours) by Ed Poor for this use of sarcasm on the Theory of evolution Talk page. (Reference)
- Note to self: Sarcasm is only okay when it's directed against non-conservative views.
- Ban (1 month) by Karajou for asking uncomfortable questions regarding <irony>the ban of three other users</irony>.
- Unbanned by BenjaminS less than an hour later.
- The amount of unwritten rules that can lead to (temp-)banning is disturbing.
- Ban (infinite) by TK - re-ban. Not sure why the re-ban is "slightly longer" than the original one, though... (Reference)
- Unbanned by Aschlafly after mail exchange.
- There is something weird going on here. Time for a look at the bigger picture.
- Ban (infinite) by Karajou for again questioning his behavior in the same issue as his other ban since it came up again (Reference)
- By now (post-5/16), this is simply typical TK/Karajou/etc. behavior. Back when it happened, it had been a bit more special, though.
- Finally unbanned (after almost three months) by Ed Poor.
- Ban (2 hours) by Ed Poor for Sarcasm. I guess he meant my "Any chance of me actually being allowed to edit my "castle" (AHAHAHA WHAT A JOKE!) again anytime soon?" comment I made after TK and Ed locked and multi-reverted my user page.
- Unbanned after 7 minutes by TK! Who da man? Who da-...oh, wait...
- Ban (infinite) by TK for "trolling and working one sysop against the other". I have NO idea WTF this is supposed to mean.
- Unbanned after 39 minutes by RobS! Whoohoo!
- Ban (infinite) by TK, only six minutes after the unban. Also, for the first time, my "probation" is being mentioned. News to me!
- Unbanned after 7 minutes by RobS!
- Ban (infinite) by TK. This time, my freedom lasted 8 minutes.
The events of #9-#11 are further explained in User:Sid/Bible Ban Chronicles