|Part of the series on|
Wrong direction is a logical fallacy that occurs when a cause is mistakenly considered an effect.
The fallacy is a fallacy of causation.
 Alternate names
- reversing causation
- confusing cause and effect
- faulty causal direction
- Chanticleer the rooster crows loudly enough to bring the sun up.
- Cancer causes smoking.
- The street lights turning on causes the Sun to set.
- Winds are caused by waving trees.
- Kids that play a lot of video games are the most violent. Clearly, video games make children more violent.
- Not only is this an unrepresentative sample, but it's possible that violent children play video games because they are violent.
- Evolution causes mutation
 See also