There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff — we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone seeing this today donates $5, we will meet our goal for 2018.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
“”But Bush's tautologies weren't gaffes or verbal slips. They just represented the limits of his reasoning powers: A = A. There are educational apps that use groups of images to teach two-year-olds to recognize that an orange is like an orange while a banana is a banana. Bush was stalled at that developmental moment.
Otherwise known as the Wit and Wisdom of President George W. Bush.
Some (possibly mined) quotes from the Great Man.
| What is it good for? Absolutely nothing!|
|Don't believe us?|
- "The war on terror involves Saddam Hussein because of the nature of Saddam Hussein, the history of Saddam Hussein, and his willingness to terrorize himself."
- (While governor of Texas) "If there is one thing I hate, it's quotas. Hard quotas. Quotas, they, basically delineate based upon whatever. However they delineate, quotas vulcanize our society."
- Natural gas is hemispheric. I call it hemispheric in nature because it is something we can find in our own neighborhoods.
- "For NASA, space is still a high priority."
- "Families is where our nation finds hope... where wings take dream."
- "Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?"
- "I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully." (The same was said about America and Russia during the Cold War)
- "You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."
- "We cannot let terrorists and rogue nations hold this nation hostile or hold our allies hostile".
- "One of my hardest parts of my job is to console the family members, who’ve lost their life."
- "We must root out terrorism wherever it exists to save the world from freedom."
- "My relationship with this good man is where I've been focused, and that's where my concentration is. And I don't regret any other aspect of it. And so I—we filled a lot of space together."—on British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Washington, D.C., May 17, 2007
- "They misunderestimated me." --George W. Bush, Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000
- "They're a huge trust. I see it all the time when people come up to me and say, 'I don't want you to let me down again.'" --George W. Bush, Boston, Mass., Oct. 3, 2000
- "You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." -- George W. Bush, interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006
- "Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." September 7, 2004, Poplar Bluff, Missouri.
- "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
- "[A]s you know, these are open forums, you're able to come and listen to what I have to say."—Washington, D.C., Oct. 28, 2003
- Bush, ever the model of tact and champion of the delicate art of diplomacy, on Gordon Brown during their first meeting: "He's a Scotsman, you know, not the dour Scotsman that you described him as or the awkward Scotsman; he's actually the humorous Scotsman."
- "I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace."
- "Border relations between Canada and Mexico have never been better."
- "More and more of our imports come from overseas."
- "If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." — Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
- "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again"
- "...if you're a working single mom-which, in my opinion, is the hardest job there is-...and you're trying to put food on your family..."
- "One of the things I used on the Google is to pull up maps.
- Dan Quayle, for a similarly hilarious man
- Taibbi, "Revenge of the Simple: How George W. Bush Gave Rise to Trump", Rolling Stone 1 March 2016.
- President Bush speaks at Townsend Elementary School in Tennessee, February 21, 2001
- August 21, 2000, Des Moines, IA
- April 13, 2004
- January 31, 2002
- September 24, 2001
- campaign speech
- Bush's dictator "joke"
- Greater Nashua, N.H., Jan. 27, 2000
- George Bush uses 'The Google'