| Parroting squawkbox|
|And a dirty dozen more|
Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson (1969–) is an American white nationalist and
paleoconservative fascist political commentator, news correspondent, Donald Trump supporter, TV dinner heir,  and noted jackass. He started his career as a semi-respectable journalist, and has been sinking lower ever since. He co-hosted the CNN political show Crossfire (until it was cancelled), the MSNBC show Tucker (until it was cancelled), and currently works for Fox News, taking sexual harasser Bill O'Reilly's prime-time spot, with his show Tucker Carlson Tonight, also known as the White Power Hour. He is also the co-founder and former editor-in-chief of the propaganda outlet The Daily Caller. Previously known for holding libertarian views on economic issues, he flipped to a faux-protectionist economic analysis in which he consistently blames immigrants for every problem in the US.
According to Erik Wemple of The Washington Post, Carlson's modus operandi is to blindside "his guests and keeping them from issuing fully formed answers", as well as falsely claiming that his guests are ill-prepared to refute his arguments. When his guests object to his loaded questions, he'll keep badgering them for not answering his question and then subsequently declare victory.
Crossfire debacle with Jon Stewart
On October 15, 2004 Jon Stewart appeared on Crossfire and although he criticized the show as a whole, Carlson took it as a personal attack. Stewart attacked the show for sensationalizing political debate and failing to provide hard-hitting interviews with those they agree with, comparing it to professional wrestling. Carlson decided to engage in the tu quoque method of debate by pointing out that Stewart did not ask John Kerry tough questions. Stewart responded with: "You're on CNN! The show that leads into me is puppets making crank phone calls! What is wrong with you?"
The show was cancelled a few months later with the president of CNN stating that he felt Stewart was right in his criticisms. However, whether or not this is the real reason is still debatable. Rather pathetically, Carlson is still under the delusion he won the debate and also has made claims such as that a Daily Show producer called him to say he was sorry and that Jon Stewart lectured the show's staff for over an hour. These claims have never been backed up and, given his history of dishonesty (see Keith Olbermann incident below), this leaves him open to skepticism.
He appears to consider 1950s gender roles applicable in modern society, believing that the idea of a woman paying for her man's meals is "disgusting." It should be noted that his attitudes may offend men as well since he does not consider statutory rape a crime if the victim is male and the perpetrator is female, further adding that it is "whiny" for the boys to report it. He has attacked rape shield laws that protect the identity of victims, and he has defended pedophile Warren Jeffs.
MediaMatters compiled disgusting comments over the years that Carlson made about women.
- During the weekend that Keith Olbermann was suspended from MSNBC he actually pretended to be Olbermann in a back-and-forth e-mail exchange with Philadelphia Daily News columnist Stu Bykofsky. In the exchange, Carlson slandered Olbermann's boss. It turns out that Carlson's right wing website The Daily Caller purchased the domain KeithOlbermann.com over the summer and Carlson's e-mail address there is "Keith@KeithOlbermann.com."
- His insanity includes attacking his own network, Fox News, as anti-gun (no really!) for reporting the importance of gun safety around children.
- Like a lot of conservatives he is against affirmative action, abortion, and, … seat-belt laws.
- When interviewing a Washington state elector about his intention to urge electors to vote their conscience, Carlson engaged in an extremely disingenuous argument. Hold on to your hats and pay attention here: Carlson claimed that electors wanting to support the candidate with the most popular votes rather than the one with the most electoral votes is against democracy. He was essentially arguing against his own (stupid) position, while making it seem like his guest was guilty of the same thing he is. Absolutely crazy spinning.
- He is known for his incomprehensible expression when he cannot understand basic science, and is a denier of the overwhelming evidence of global warming. Whenever he realizes that his opponent on the Republican-biased Fox News debate is making a valid point, he chortles in a failed attempt to try and undermine the scientific evidence, but deepens his reputation to further stupidity.
- He referred to transgender people transitioning as "the act of a crazy person", and compared it to "setting your hair on fire or blinding yourself."
- He said of California's pro-LGBT curriculum "It sounds weird but California public schools could soon be required to teach kids about the sex lives of historical figures. It‘s all part of an effort to force kids to approve of homosexuality."
- In 2019, he attempted to re-ignite a culture war that was already (mostly) won by idiots like himself in the 1980s, keeping English units in the US instead of the metric system.
- Another example of Tucker not being a journalist on any level: he claims that some "damning, authentic" documents that are somehow the only documents to exist in one copy on Joe Biden's son Hunter has "disappeared in the mail". Sure, Tucker, we believe you. 
- He defended the perpetrators of the 2021 U.S. Capitol riot, saying that "many of [the indicted individuals] did nothing wrong" and pinning the blame for the riot on social media. Carlson has repeatedly declared that the mob (which had members of groups like the Proud Boys in it, and waved Confederate flags) "wasn’t an armed invasion by a brigade of dangerous white supremacists."  In April 2021, Carlson tried to minimize the violence at the event, gaslighting Eric Munchel (who stormed the Capitol in tactical gear, carrying disposable handcuffs) as someone who "just walked into what we used to refer to as ‘The People’s House’".  Demonstrating Carlson's racism further, in later April 2021, after Joe Biden gave a speech obliquely referring to the ariot as the "worst attack on our democracy since the Civil War", Carlson responded by saying that the worst attack on democracy in 160 years actually was the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965, because "the law completely changed the composition of America's voter rolls, purely to benefit the Democratic Party." 
- He casually engaged in JAQing off regarding the COVID-19 vaccine, speculating that "maybe it doesn't work". Anthony Fauci responded by calling Carlson's blabbering "typical crazy conspiracy theory". Carlson responded to Fauci with even more JAQing off regarding COVID-19 restrictions, showing a complete misunderstanding of the public health guidelines for fully vaccinated people at the time.  Carlson kept at it by cherry picking data and demonstrating that he did not understand the concepts of causality or control groups: if millions of people get the vaccine, of course some of them will die within a month but Carlson didn't think about comparing that group to people who weren't vaccinated.
- In late April 2021, Carlson went off on a hyperbolic rant regarding face masks. He first compared mask mandates as being the equivalent to living in North Korea for some reason. He then showed that, regardless of how angry he was at the mask mandates, he really doesn't mind authoritarianism all that much if it's Tucker Carlson style authoritarianism, by suggesting that parents who have their children wear face masks during the COVID-19 pandemic were actually committing child abuse, and encouraging all his viewers to call child protective services on these parents if they see this.  Tucker's opinions on whether masks actually work, meanwhile, change based on what the Democrats are saying about the subject.
- Carlson claimed that George Floyd died of drug overdose.
- And to top it all off, Fox News, in late 2020, defended itself in a defamation lawsuit (brought by a former Trump mistress whom Carlson said was committing "a classic case of extortion") by arguing that Carlson cannot be trusted to provide accurate information on his show.
Racism and xenophobia
Carlson has a long and storied history of spouting out white nationalist rhetoric.
- His racism and extreme homophobia dates at least as far back to his 1991 college yearbook, where his biography listed "History, Christian Fellowship 1 2 3 4, Jesse Helms Foundation, Dan White Society".:184 Dan White was the assassin of San Francisco City Councilmember and gay rights activist Harvey Milk.
- He claimed that California is becoming a third world country (it's not) because of
scary brownsLatin American migrants. He believes Mexico has interfered in American elections more successfully than Russia by "packing our electorate".
- On his MSNBC show, he called Canadians "stalkers" and "like your retarded cousin". After the controversy he then went on the CBC program The Hour and gave an equally offensive non-apology.
- 3 days after a white supremacist committed a mass shooting in El Paso, he dismissed white supremacy as "a hoax", "just like the Russia hoax".[note 1]  (He then declared that he never "met anybody, not one person, who subscribes to white supremacy", suggesting that he has never looked in a mirror lately).
- He promoted the alt-right social media platform Gab on his show.
- He claimed Ilhan Omar was "living proof that the way we practice immigration has become dangerous to this country", citing "values are simply antithetical to ours."
- He called Iraqis "semiliterate primitive monkeys" and said that Afghanistan is never going to be a civilized country because the people aren't civilized."
- He promoted the racist/islamophobic/anti-semitic alt-right "The Great Replacement" theory on Fox News. The Anti-Defamation League responded to this by, in a public letter to Fox News, calling for Carlson to be fired, citing multiple racist and bigoted incidents in the past.  Carlson responded to this criticism by doubling down on the racism and xenophobia, wailing that the Democratic party was "trying to replace the current electorate" with "more obedient voters from the Third World." 
Due to Carlson's racism and other toxic dickish behavior, by April 2021, Carlson was too toxic for all but the sketchiest of advertisers (such as bullshit artists like Mike Lindell's MyPillow, and bogus nutritional supplement promoters), despite being (depressingly) the most-watched host in cable news at the time. 
We pause now for a few moments of not being a dick
While he supported the Iraq War at first, he would later criticize it  and the Bush Administration in general. He also supports same-sex marriage. In August 2018, he dedicated a segment of his Fox News show to calling out Amazon, Walmart, and Uber for not paying workers a living wage (and thus, forcing taxpayers to pick up the slack instead), in weighing the benefits of the "Stop Bezos Act" proposed by Bernie Sanders and Ro Khanna. He has also been strongly critical of the Trump administration's attempts to start a war with Iran.
- Unearthed audio shows Tucker Carlson using white nationalist rhetoric and making racist remarks by Madeline Peltz (March 11, 2019 8:01 PM EDT) Media Matters for America.
- Fox News host Tucker Carlson uses racist, homophobic language in second set of recordings by Michael Brice-Saddler & Eli Rosenberg (March 11 at 9:41 PM) The Washington Post.
- "The mystery of Tucker Carlson" by Lyz Lenz, Columbia Journalism Review, 2018 September 5
- Salon: Tucker Carlson’s downward spiral
- Tucker Carlson Leans Into White-Power Hour, Promotes Racist Replacement Theory by Caleb Ecarma (April 9, 2021) Vanity Fair.
- Tucker Carlson said immigration makes America 'dirtier.' So an advertiser took action. by Erik Wemple (Dec. 15, 2018 at 10:24 a.m. PST) The Washington Post.
- The stupendously dishonest Tucker Carlson by Erik Wemple (February 15, 2017) The Washington Post.
- watch it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFQFB5YpDZE
- Howard Kurtz (January 6, 2004). "Carlson & 'Crossfire,' Exit Stage Left & Right". The Washington Post.
- no really
- Tucker Carlson unapologetic over ‘misogynistic’ comments on statutory rape, insults against women by Allyson Chiu (March 11, 2019 at 4:42 AM) The Washington Post.
- Tucker Carlson Refuses to Apologize for ‘Naughty’ Past Comments About Statutory Rape, ‘C–ty’ Women by Rosemary Rossi (March 10, 2019 @ 7:46 PM) Media Matters for America.
- Media Matters Teases Release of ‘Vile’ Tucker Carlson Tapes Focused on ‘Race and Ethnicity’ by Jon Levine (March 11, 2019 @ 7:35 AM Last Updated: March 11, 2019 @ 7:36 AM) Media Matters for America.
- In unearthed audio, Tucker Carlson makes numerous misogynistic and perverted comments: During interviews on Bubba The Love Sponge, Carlson said he "love[s" the idea of young girls sexually experimenting, used sexist terms to refer to a number of women, and defended statutory rape] by Madeline Peltz (March 10, 2019 7:00 PM EDT) Media Matters for America.
- Mirkinson, Jack. "Tucker Carlson Sent Emails Posing As Keith Olbermann", Huffington Post,
- "HOT DOCUMENT: Keith Olbermann vs. Stu Bykofsky
- "Republican Convention: Tucker Carlson (washingtonpost.com)"
- 'The Situation with Tucker Carlson' for February 23 NBC News. 2/24/2006.
- 'The Situation with Tucker Carlson' for April 11 NBC News. 4/12/2006.
- Video: Fox Host Tucker Carlson Attacks 'Inelegant, Creepy' Metric System that the U.S. Alone Has Resisted by Shane Croucher (6/6/19 at 5:12 AM EDT) Newsweek.
- Tucker: Did Dorsey admit Twitter's role in Capitol riot?
- "Opinion: Tucker Carlson: Capitol riot wasn’t racist! FBI: Uh, wrong." by Erik Wemple, Washington Post, 2021 March 5
- "Tucker Carlson slammed for ‘full-throated’ defence of Capitol rioters including ‘zip tie guy’" by Gustaf Kilander, Independent, 2021 April 07
- "Tucker Carlson: “The worst attack on our democracy in 160 years? How about the Immigration Act of 1965?”" by Media Matters Staff, Media Matters, 2021 April 29
- "Tucker Carlson Casually Suggests to Viewers Maybe Covid-19 Vaccine ‘Doesn’t Work and They’re Simply Not Telling You That’" by Josh Feldman, Mediaite, 2021 April 13
- "Dr. Fauci Dismisses Tucker Carlson’s Suggestion that Vaccines Don’t Work: ‘Just a Typical Crazy Conspiracy Theory’" by Colby Hall, Mediaite, 2021 April 14
- "Tucker Carlson Responds to Fauci Slamming Him for ‘Crazy Conspiracy Theory’" by Josh Feldman, Mediaite, 2021 April 14
- Tucker Carlson’s worst vaccine segment yet by Aaron Blake (May 6, 2021 at 6:55 a.m. PDT) The Washington Post.
- "Tucker Carlson, Who Shouldn’t Be Allowed Within 2,000 Feet of Playgrounds, Tells Viewers to Call Child Protective Services on People Whose Kids Wear Masks" by Bess Levin, Vanity Fair, 2021 April 27
- "Tucker Carlson, Unmasked: The self-styled champion of individual liberty wants you to call government agents to punish Americans for their parenting." by David A. Graham, Atlantic, 2021 April 27
- Tucker Carlson Keeps Flipping His Opinion On Masks
- Tucker Carlson Says George Floyd Died of Drug Overdose in Video Watched 3 Million Times
- Judge Rules Fox News' Tucker Carlson is Not a Credible Source of News (5 Sept 2020, 6:28 AM) Slate
- Ivy (1991) Trinity College.
- S.F.’s Harvey Milk Democratic Club has two words for Tucker Carlson by Tony Bravo (April 25, 2021Updated: April 26, 2021, 12:43 am) The San Francisco Chronicle.
- Bump, Philip. Tucker Carlson identifies the actual threat to American democracy: Hispanic voters. Washington Post. July 17, 2018. (video clip)
I don’t think Russia is our close friend or anything like that. I think of course they’re trying to interfere in our affairs. They have for a long time. Many countries do, some more successfully than Russia, like Mexico which is routinely interfering in our elections by packing our electorate.
- some would consider this ironic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02_nC9B0vvU
- "Tucker Carlson: “Ilhan Omar is living proof that the way we practice immigration has become dangerous to this country” by Media Matters Staff, Media Matters, 2019 July 9
- Unearthed audio shows Tucker Carlson using white nationalist rhetoric and making racist remarks by Madeline Peltz (03/11/19 8:01 PM EDT) Media Matters for America.
- Tucker Carlson, the face of Fox News, just gave his full endorsement to the white nationalist conspiracy theory that has motivated mass shootings by Nikki McCann Ramirez (04/09/21 10:35 AM EDT) Media Matters for America.
- "ADL Letter to Fox News Condemns Tucker Carlson's Impassioned Defense of "Great Replacement Theory", Jonathan A. Greenblatt, CEO of the ADL, letter to Fox News
- "Fox News star Tucker Carlson's 'great replacement' segment used a new frame for an old fear" by Casey Michel, NBC News, 2021 April 12
- "Column: The Tucker Carlson mystery — how does his show survive without major advertisers?" by Michael Hiltzik, Los Angeles Times, 2021 April 30
- "LP: Newly Dovish, Tucker Carlson Goes Public (Tucker Carlson turns against the war)"
- "Republican Convention: Tucker Carlson (washingtonpost.com)"
- "'Tucker' for July 24 - Tucker - MSNBC.com"