Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry
| Christ died for|
our articles about
|Devil's in the details|
|The pearly gates|
The Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry (CARM) is a Christian ministry founded by apologist Matt Slick, who is also its president. Slick holds a Masters of Divinity degree from the Westminster Theological Seminary, a conservative seminary in the Calvinist tradition. CARM is written from a Biblical inerrantist, conservative Protestant point of view and has a trove of arguments against differing versions of Christianity such as Catholicism and Jehovah's Witnesses and against other religions such as Islam.
CARM does a good job of refuting the viewpoints of sects like Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons while promoting it's own brand of biblical literalism. Bizarrely, it also warns about other Christian cults. Although Slick claims to emphasize reasoned argumentation, his arguments were not sufficient to persuade his own teenage daughter who is now an atheist . It is sometimes more honest than many other apologetics websites; for instance, CARM quotes Charles Darwin's often quote-mined quote about the eye in whole. On the other hand it also claims that humans and dinosaurs co-existed so it's clearly not where you want to go for your scientific advice.
CARM, is a literalist and fundamentalist website, and predictably rejects rational stuff like scientifically-supported theory of evolution and opposes sensible viewpoints on issues like homosexuality and abortion. Surprise!
- "General Information about Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry". CARM. https://carm.org/general-information-about-carm.
- "Matt Slick". CARM. https://carm.org/matt-slick.
- "How Westminster Theological Seminary Came to Define Fundamentalism for Me". Huffington Post. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/how-westminster-theologic_b_5624650.
- "The Atheist Daughter of a Notable Christian Apologist Shares Her Story". Patheos. https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2013/07/15/the-atheist-daughter-of-a-notable-christian-apologist-shares-her-story/.
- Helen Fryman. "GWhat did Charles Darwin say about the human eye?". CARM. https://carm.org/charles-darwin-on-the-human-eye.