|The woo is out there|
|Aliens did it...|
|...and ran away|
Darryl Anka (1951–) is a spiritual medium and kook who claims to channel an enlightened extraterrestrial entity named Bashar. He is also the cousin of 1960s teen idol Paul Anka.
Anka describes Bashar as being from an alternate dimensional planet located 500 light-years away in the direction of the Orion constellation, called Essassani. Anka presents "Bashar" in open and private sessions around the world, where Anka appears to be in an altered state of consciousness and open dialogue occurs with an attending audience.
In an interview with "Waking Universe," Anka recalled how in 1973 he had a "close encounter of the first kind" with a black triangular UFO:
I had close-range, broad-daylight sightings of UFOs with witnesses present both times. At each sighting we saw a dark metallic, triangular craft about 30 feet on each side. There were three blue-white lights, one on each "point", and one orange-red light in the center. The craft in the first sighting was about 150 feet away; in the second sighting, only about 60 feet away.
After the encounter, Anka began researching UFOs and the paranormal. Ten years later, he met a channeller and began to study the practice. Anka claims that through this practice, he became attuned to an extraterrestrial presence named Bashar.
Anka describes Bashar as existing in a parallel reality, in a time frame that we perceive as the future. Anka's monologues and dialogues with Bashar cover a wide range of topics, including spirituality, planetary advancement, sacred geometry, metaphysics and extraterrestrial life. Bashar supposed reasons for contact (or rather Anka's claim about Bashar's motives) is that:
We are interacting with you to share certain perspectives that may give you an opportunity to see within yourself more of what it is you contain, to know more about yourselves, to allow us to reflect to you certain ideas you may already know but, perhaps as a civilization, have forgotten about.
Anka has "revealed" Bashar's Four Laws of Creation, which he claims are intended to assist humanity in recognizing its true nature and function:
- You exist.
- The One is All and the All are One.
- What you put out is what you get back.
- Change is the only constant... Except for the first three laws.
Anka markets a series of "educational" events to the public focused on spreading the word of Bashar's messages. Ironically, one event scheduled to be held in Las Vegas was entitled "Going M.A.D. *Mass Agreement Dissociation" where, for $99 per person one could learn how to "go beyond the limitations of the mass consensus reality".
When not channeling space aliens, Anka has worked as a visual and special effects designer for such films as Star Trek: The Motion Picture, I, Robot, Pirates of the Caribbean, Live Free or Die Hard and Iron Man.
He occasionally appears as a guest speaker in conferences about the paranormal. Anka appeared in the 2008 documentary, Tuning In, alongside other notable channelers such as Lee Carroll.
More recently, Anka wrote and directed a fictional documentary about the afterlife called Dearly Departed through his production company, Zia Films. Anka is currently producing a documentary called First Contact, about channeling and extraterrestrial contact, based on his two UFO sightings.
|2005||Nature Unleashed: Volcano||✔||Video|
|2008||Tuning In (Documentary)||✔||Channel for Bashar|
|2010||The Nature of Existence (Documentary)||✔|
|2010||Metaphysia 2012 (Documentary)||✔|
|2011||The Nature of Existence Companion Series (Documentary)||✔|
|2013||Dearly Departed||✔||✔||✔||Fictional Documentary|
In popular culture
Indian progressive rock band Motherjane released a single, "Clay Play", in January 2015, based on Anka's character Bashar. Said drummer John Thomas:
Bashar is a collective and Anka channels info from the netherworld. I did research into this and found the discourse very inspiring. I shared the idea with vocalist Vivek Thomas who found it equally appealing. What we aim is to pass on this fascinating source of wisdom called ‘channelled material’ to our people. Bashar teaches us to take life lightly. It says that, lighter the approach, more the chances of desired result. It is this idea that we relay through ‘Clay Play’.
Books by Anka
- The New Metaphysics by Darryl Anka (1987) California: Light & Sound Communications Inc. ISBN 1-55626-000-8
- Bashar: Blueprint for Change: : A Message from Our Future by Darryl Anka (December 1990) New Solutions Pub. ISBN 1-56284-113-0
- Beyond My Wildest Dreams: Diary of a UFO Abductee by Kim Carlsberg (Author), Darryl Anka (Illustrator) (1995) Inner Traditions / Bear & Co. ISBN 1-87918-125-8
- Contact Cards: An Extraterrestrial Divination System by Darryl Anka (1996) Bear & Company. ISBN 1-87918-132-0
- Quest for Truth: 100 Insights That Could Change Your Life by Darryl Anka and Steve Meyers (1st edition, December 1997) Nobul Press. ISBN 0-9656078-1-X
- SHARDS OF A SHATTERED MIRROR BOOK I : CRYPTIC by Darryl Anka (September 28th 2017) ISBN 978-1-947532-13-7 (softcover); ISBN 978-1-947532-14-4 (ebook)
- The Masters of Limitation: An ET’s Observations of Earth by Darryl Anka (May 25th 2020) ISBN 978-1-951985-10-3 (hardcover)
- Shards of a Shattered Mirror Book II: Nocturnal by Darryl Anka (July 10th 2020) ISBN 978-1-951985-42-4 (softcover); ISBN 978-1-951985-43-1 (ebook)
- The official homepage of Bashar
- Darryl Anka on the Internet Movie Database
- ↑ Massarella, L. (November 13, 2011). "Anka's cousin has odd career". Toronto Sun. Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- ↑ Everything you need to know about Paul Anka’s cousin and his multi-dimensional alien friend Skeptoid
- ↑ Stone, J. (1996). Hidden mysteries. Light Technology Publishing. p. 29. Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- ↑ Klimo, J. (1998). Channeling : investigations on receiving information from paranormal sources. Berkeley, Calif.: North Atlantic Books. p. 99. ISBN 1556432488. Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- ↑ Ankerberg, J.; Weldon, J. (1996). Contemporary spiritual beliefs. Eugene, Or.: Harvest House. p. 90. ISBN 1565071603. Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- ↑ Mungia, L. (January 14, 2012). Waking universe with darryl anka & bashar. Retrieved March 6, 2015, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyNwxRMgJbY
- ↑ "A message from darryl". Bashar Communications, Inc.. Retrieved March 6, 2015. "I had close-range..."
- ↑ "About bashar". Bashar Communications, Inc.. Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- ↑ "A message from bashar". Bashar Communications, Inc.. Retrieved March 6, 2015. "We are interacting with you..."
- ↑ "Bashar's basic message". Bashar Communications, Inc.. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- ↑ "Bashar: the 4 laws of creation". YouTube, LLC. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- ↑ Was he watching The Three Musketeers on TV when he "channeled" this one?
- ↑ Anka's "Going M.A.D." event - Las Vegas 2015
- ↑ Darryl Anka on the Internet Movie Database
- ↑ Tuning In, on the Internet Movie Database: "A feature-length documentary exploring, for the very first time and in a very down-to-earth fashion, the phenomenon of channeling"
- ↑ "Nature unleashed: volcano". IMDb.com, Inc.. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- ↑ "Tuning in". IMDb.com, Inc.. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- ↑ "Credits". Roger Nygard, Blink, Inc.. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- ↑ "The nature of existence". IMDb.com, Inc.. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- ↑ "Metaphysia". IMDb.com, Inc.. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- ↑ "The nature of existence companion series". IMDb.com, Inc.. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- ↑ "Dearly departed". IMDb.com, Inc.. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- ↑ "Dearly departed". ziafilms. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- ↑ "First contact". IMDb.com, Inc.. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- ↑ "First contact". ziafilms. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-70NQaWvnFU
- ↑ Suresh, Meera (19 January 2015). "Motherjane's New Voice". Retrieved 4 May 2015.