| Someone is wrong on|
“”There never has been an engine for instant gratification like the Internet... It's like a faucet: you turn the knob and you expect an immediate flow of lolcats.
The Internet is not something one just dumps something on (i.e. it is not a big truck). It is a series of tubes.
Things you can't do on the Internet
- Arm wrestle.
- Go somewhere.
- Smell the flowers.
- Drink tea. Except through a tube.
- Hug someone, or be hugged.
- Punch someone who doesn't deserve a hug.
- Breathe through your nose and/or mouth.
Some old video reports regarding the Internet.
- Promotional video (1969) predicting e-commerce and e-mail. However, the patriarchal family structure remains firmly in place.
- From 1981, the earliest dial-up services from the San Francisco Examiner and Chronical.
- Remember bulletin board systems (BBS)?
- Computer virus news report (1988)
Sock puppetry is the use of alternate user names on internet forums, boards, wikis, etc., for many various purposes.
It is puerile when done badly, but hysterical when done properly.