Fun talk:Liberals: The Garnering
- Build it onto uncyclopedia:conservatroll? human 18:47, 9 March 2008 (EDT)
- Ah, but remember, parody is protected under Fair Use. : ) -- Radioactive afikomen Please ignore all my awful pre-2014 comments. 20:23, 9 March 2008 (EDT)
Now I miss magic :-( -αmεσ (tinker) 20:26, 9 March 2008 (EDT)
- Magic: The Gathering parody. I'm still waiting for Ames to get the philosopher's expansion that Ken uses (mentioned in the Ken and Magic post awhile back). --Shagie 03:00, 10 March 2008 (EDT)
- Magic was a game on which I misspent my youthful cash, before I was old enough to realise that no small rectangular piece of cardboard could ever be worth upwards of a fiver. Also, this project seems to have rather quickly grown beyond my control. I am become death, destroyer of free time. --Jeєv☭sYour signature uses all my CPU time... 03:53, 10 March 2008 (EDT)
Please do not archive this section
- I vote No. It has no content, just funny images. It won't work as a cover story. human 01:44, 10 March 2008 (EDT)
We need environment cards. Obviously the CP environment card would be environments where the banhammer and memory hole would be playable, and a "real world" card would be where the logic card would be effective, but there would equally be an anti-logic card that would function at partial strength when played with the religious language and sheeple cards. The Fox News and Ann Coulter cards could disrupt the Real World environment cards and allow the CP environment card to be played and the Icewedge card could disrupt the CP card. We obviously need a "deep cover" card as well for Samwell types.
Just a few thoughts. Stile4aly 03:49, 10 March 2008 (EDT)
- We need a Rob Smith card. I don't do photoshop or any graphics stuff or whatever, so it's up to someone else. Anyway (picture?) The ability should be "All cards played by opponent on previous turn are treated as if he had played Commie Agitprop, and have the effects thereof." (Quote could be "this is commie trolling. I feel the banhammer calling my right hand...." or any one of RobS's other gems; there are hundreds). I don't know much about the game, so I can't do too much to add clever game-related quirkiness, unfortunately. I played it once, and found it to be D&D minus the fun. DickTurpis 14:06, 10 March 2008 (EDT)
- Maybe also Range Block? "Opponent may not play any cards for two turns. Player may only play sysop cards for two turns."
Make the cards into templates rather than images
This makes for standard sizes a bit easier. It also makes editing the text possible. --Shagie 14:34, 10 March 2008 (EDT)
- Good idea. A simple table with cells making the "door" look would be easy, then the image and text (and?) can be specified. I don't mind helping, though I suspect there is plenty of coding firepower here already :) human 18:41, 10 March 2008 (EDT)
Have the cards be included on the page from sub pages
This page is likely to get unwieldy in size of the page. --Shagie 14:34, 10 March 2008 (EDT)
- The page is actually quite small - it "looks" huge on screen, but there isn't much to it when you edit it. Is that what you meant? human 18:45, 10 March 2008 (EDT)
Use some other icon rather than MtG mana symbols
While parody is certainly good, the mana symbols mean very little to those old types who never came across a piece of paper crack. Consider: cross, elephant, mule, atom, etc... for symbols. This will also get a more cohesive idea of what to use for a particular person. --Shagie 14:34, 10 March 2008 (EDT)
- Other icons to consider: fish, Darwin-fish, microscope, crossed fingers (for deceit), hands in prayer...
- Weapon of gun (largely defensive, of course) and dollar symbol are good ones too. Maybe tree (for the greens), hammer and sickle? DickTurpis 15:11, 10 March 2008 (EDT)
Dark Matter Glaucopis 16:49, 10 March 2008 (EDT)
Although I'm not really into this "thing", it is amusing to watch you guys build it. Howzever, I have some pins to prick in your balloons...
- Many of the cards contain text that is illegible even at full resolution
- The worst so far was the 90/10 screenshot, which I can't make out at all.
- I'd suggest simplifying the backgrounds a bit behind the "written" text?
- Some of the "main" card images are warped.
- I suspect the program you're using to make these sometimes "stretches to fit".
- The assfly face is one, and the CP logo (which should be the "trusworthy" one) is very stretched.
- The template sort-of ideas above sound smaht to me.
- Come up with a consistent look and feel, that allows text to be easily read, and use it for all of them.
- It might be harder than the ap you're using to make them now, but the results will be much better.
- The look and feel can correpond to the snark, by mimicking some of, say, CP's look and feel.
- Making our "own" basic "card look" avoids issues of copyright and/or copycatting.
- Page layout is a bit cumbersome.
- I'd suggest using "gallery" tags for the cards in each section.
Thassall for now :) human 18:39, 10 March 2008 (EDT)
- Does the game come with instructions? --CUR