RationalWiki:Articles for deletion/Crash (2004)
Crash (2004) | Result: Deleted
- View log) – (
- To exploit how bad this movie is. I can also write an article about how Avatar is blatant propaganda, if anyone's interested. Roomfan (talk) 22:44, 27 November 2014 (UTC)
- The site's mission is:
- • Analyzing and refuting pseudoscience and the anti-science movement.
- • Documenting the full range of crank ideas.
- • Explorations of authoritarianism and fundamentalism.
- • Analysis and criticism of how these subjects are handled in the media.
- Now, tell me how this applies to your article.
- Even if a film like Avatar is full of standard issue Hollywood eco-religion and noble savage stereotypes, that doesn't mean that the best place here to discuss those aspects of the film is an article on the film itself. - Smerdis of Tlön, for the defense. 03:15, 28 November 2014 (UTC)
- If a movie sucks and a tree falls on it, would anyone be there? There's probably some trenchant criticism to be made here about wasting a bunch of money and the time of a few (though not 22) skilled actors just to exploit white guilt for a lil gold trophy. But the article doesn't do that. It just reams out the movie, which is like shooting fish in a barrel where there's no water and the fish start out full of bullets. The plug for the almost-as-bad Cronenberg Crash is just the turd-cherry on top. Goat the fuck out.MatsFan (talk) 00:58, 29 November 2014 (UTC)
- Move to userspace or essay space if Roomfan wants to keep it, but it certainly doesn't belong in mainspace. SophieWilder 22:36, 27 November 2014 (UTC)
- It's been two weeks. The user hasn't moved it to essay space or user space. It's time it was gone. Spud (talk)