There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2021.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
User:Smerdis of Tlön
“”Ante principium erat quædam teſtudo. Et iſta teſtudo ſola fuit. Et circumſpicit, et vidit vicinam eius, quæ mater ſua erat; et ſe depoſuit ſuper vicinam eius, et ecce, paruit ei in lacrimis quercum, quæ omne die creuit, et tunc decidit, et fecit pontem. Et ecce, ſub iſto ponte venit ſilurus, et ambulabat, et valde magnus erat, et fuit maximus quod vidit. Et tales autem fuerent colei ignei haec piſcis, ex quibus vnus erat Sol; et alter, Lunam appellauerunt.
Smerdis of Tlön here. You may know me as Ihcoyc on Wikipedia. I'm here mostly so you folks can help me think up a new, original, lucrative, and convincing pseudoscience.
Damn it. I need to score some of that.
“”I hold this truth to be self-evident: it is your absolute, inalienable right as a human being to have electrodes planted in your skull that will stimulate your centers for pleasure and well-being without you having to do anything to operate them.
Articles I am guilty of
- Abomination of Desolation
- Captain Planet
- Carlos Castaneda
- Cautionary tale
- Christianity is not a religion
- Clean living movement
- Conspicuous consumption
- Dual inheritance theory
- Egyptian revolution of 2011
- English spelling reform
- Fads and Fallacies in the Name of Science
- Feral child
- First world problems
- Folk religion
- Gog and Magog
- Great White Brotherhood
- Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn
- Holy Foreskin
- Holy Lance
- Identity politics
- Indo-European languages
- Joseph Campbell
- Julius Evola
- Just price
- Legend tripping
- Mad scientist
- Margaret Murray
- Marija Gimbutas
- Modern art and architecture
- Moral clarity
- Neolithic Revolution
- Neoreactionary movement
- Pagan survivals
- Pearl of Great Price
- Rabbit's foot
- Red pill
- Rock music
- Saint Christopher
- Savitri Devi
- Scofield Reference Bible
- Secret society
- Sexual objectification
- Slender Man
- Solutrean hypothesis
- Stainless steel soap
- Steven Pinker
- Tabula rasa
- Ten Lost Tribes
- The Celestine Prophecy
- The Chalice and the Blade
- Western esotericism
Other articles I've expanded
- Auxiliary language, the pipe dream of centuries of utopians
- Book of Mormon - Joseph Smith's failures of imagination.
- Caliph - You know you wanna.
- Doctrine and Covenants. Pro-marriage.
- Easter bunny. You were warned.
- Egypt - material about ancient world and contemporary woo.
- Linguistic discrimination. Another of life's little inevitabilities.
- Semiramis. Not someone to take home to Mother.
- Tarot. There's so much more to be done.
- Walt Disney. The stories are older than him.
- The White Goddess. Tell Laura I love her.
- Woman's Christian Temperance Union. Common scolds.
For future development
- Arthur Schopenhauer
- Basque language
- David Foster Wallace
- Dying and reviving god
- French Revolutionary calendar
- James C. Scott
- Nicholas Marr and/or Japhetic theory
- Starhawk and/or The Circle Dance
- Essay:Thoughts on human evolution, sex, and the inevitability of religion
- Essay:The Scandal of the Activist Mind
- Essay: The Free Will Challenge
- Essay:Abrechnung mit Reaktion.
- Essay:Why cockfighting is the acid test of multiculturalism
- Essay:Needed Constitutional Amendments (Smerdis of Tlön)
- Essay:On medicine
- Essay:Why I'm voting for Trump (in my state's primary)