| Potentially edible!|
Baker who follows a dangerous all-meat diet, is nicknamed the "Carnivore King" and has a cult following on social media platforms. An online interview featured Baker eating sixteen fast-food burger patties, he described this as a "normal meal" that he eats.
The New Mexico Medical Board ordered the "voluntary and permanent surrender" of Baker's medical license in 2017. "This action was based on failure to report adverse action taken by a healthcare entity and incompetence to practice as a licensee." Baker's license was reinstated in 2019.
Baker believes that anecdotal evidence is more important than scientific research. He makes stupid anti-scientific YouTube videos claiming that vegetables are bad for health and that there is bias to believe they are beneficial.
- Anecdotal evidence is still evidence and it is a hell of a lot more relevant to an individual than an epidemiological study by Shawn Baker (11:32 AM — 28 Feb 2019) Twitter (archived from June 15, 2019). The amount of comments that agree with him is astounding.
- Please do not try to survive on an all-meat diet. Popular Science
- They mock vegans and eat 4lb of steak a day: meet 'carnivore dieters'
- Behind the Scenes with Dr. Shawn Baker
- Actions taken between July 1, 2017 through September 30, 2017. New Mexico Medical Board.
- Dr Shawn Baker - the state board voted to reinstate his licence by u/Eleanorina Reddit.
- In the Matter of the Application of Shawn Mark Baker, M.D. New Mexico Medical Board.