| Potentially edible!|
Baker follows a dangerous all-meat diet, is nicknamed the "Carnivore King" and has a cult following on social media platforms. An online interview featured Baker eating sixteen fast-food burger patties, he described this as a "normal meal" that he eats.
The New Mexico Medical Board ordered the "voluntary and permanent surrender" of Baker's medical license in 2017. "This action was based on failure to report adverse action taken by a healthcare entity and incompetence to practice as a licensee." Baker claimed the reason he lost his license was because he opted to help his patients through lifestyle interventions rather than perform profitable surgeries for the hospital where he worked. As a result, the hospital where he worked did a review of his cases, which he called a "sham". The files related to Baker's license case are sealed, so there is no way to corroborate or counter his claims.  Baker's license was reinstated with stipulations in 2019. However, despite his license being reinstated, Baker has yet to find employment as an orthopedic surgeon.[citation NOT needed]
Baker believes that anecdotal evidence is more important than scientific research. He makes stupid anti-scientific YouTube videos claiming that vegetables are bad for health and that there is bias to believe they are beneficial.
Baker spends much of his time trolling vegans on Instagram and Twitter for a reaction as well as a roundabout way to promote his business, MeatRX, which he has chosen to focus on rather than practice medicine.[citation NOT needed] As of February 2021, Baker had a net worth of $900,000 as a result of his MeatRX business.
Baker, despite having practiced medicine (as a surgeon no less), is actively against mask mandates against the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic, despite having claimed he's not anti-mask. He argues people should be free to make their own choices, even if their choices adversely affect their community by spreading the SARS-CoV-2 virus.  He even tweeted relating the mask mandate in response to a pandemic to a totalitarian government in the book 1984. He also posted an Instagram post comparing Vietnam's low obesity rate to low COVID-19 cases, even though the reason for Vietnam's low cases is because they initiated a strict lockdown when the pandemic began.
- Anecdotal evidence is still evidence and it is a hell of a lot more relevant to an individual than an epidemiological study by Shawn Baker (11:32 AM — 28 Feb 2019) Twitter (archived from June 15, 2019). The amount of comments that agree with him is astounding.
- Please do not try to survive on an all-meat diet. Popular Science
- They mock vegans and eat 4lb of steak a day: meet 'carnivore dieters'
- Behind the Scenes with Dr. Shawn Baker
- Actions taken between July 1, 2017 through September 30, 2017. In the Matter of the Application of Shawn Mark Baker, M.D. New Mexico Medical Board.
- New Mexico Medical Board.
- Dr Shawn Baker - the state board voted to reinstate his licence by u/Eleanorina Reddit.