User:Bicycle Wheel/WIGO RW 2011
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 319>There might be sock voting fraud in the Moderator elections. Maybe. Even though the election isn't even done yet and we don't have any evidence. Roll out the IP checks! Release the data!
- 318>Crundy has gone on wiki break, stating that the site is shit now here
- 317>HeidelbergKid wants to delete the entire geography section. 
- 316>Eira leaves. Why? Fuck knows.
- 315>I'm not Jesus imports a bunch of EvoWiki articles, prompting a discussion on what to do with them.
- 314>Cz's back on the mainpage 
- 313>Let us have a moment of silence, as the Loya Jirga is officially mothballed.
- 312>An anonymous user once again calls attention to the contempt that free speech is held in the new order. Watch as he is immediately repressed and censored by intolerant creatures of the oligarchic regime.
- 311>RationalWiki is now a charity 
- 310>Moderator moderates, so lets recall him
RationalWiki is now hosting Conservapedia fanfictionDeleted by BbMaj7.
- 307>Let the voting on how to vote begin.
- 306>Racist crank to Balaam: Remove your mentioning of me or I'll expose you in 24 hours! . Trent: You don't even know who he is (ED: It's been over 24 hours. We're still waiting)
- 305>In more positive news the atheist's nightmare duo are now counted as "good" articles. Ordem e Progresso!
the Good Lord HimselfTrent is sick of Maratrean and Brx's bullshit
- 303>Brxbrx makes a metaphor, predicts that people will lose their shit, and people lose their shit. Nothing was learned, as people were too busy cleaning up the shit from their soiled pants
- 302>Rationalwiki's least favourite concern troll gets told to "choke on a bag of cocks." This provokes a concern-troll essay, "Is RationalWiki a pro-suicide website?"
- 301>MarcusCicero comes back out of the woodwork with a new sock, "ThomasHobbes," and creates a typical debate about RationalWiki has worsened since 2007-8.
- 300>Could it be... Bohdan? 
- 299>SuspectedReplicant is unable to accept the results, and proceeds to spout accusations of fraud. He also tries to change the results page according to his wishes 
- 298> Blue and Nx are the new mods, with Ace McWicked a close third.
- 297>Nx declines the position of Sys Admin.  UPDATE: No longer a tech. Can LANCB be far behind?
- 296>Nx: I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more! in response to moderator inaction. 
- 295>Voting begins for two new moderators and one alternate. Polls will be open from September 13th to Sept 20th.
- 294>Being unable to fellate Maratrean physically, Brxbrx does the next best thing. But after half the Maratrean pantheon shows up, the vote goes against him.
- 293>Human uses one of his sockpuppets to vote in the Community Standards talk page poll. Blue assumes bad faith.
- 292> Just another day as
CPRationalwiki as KarajouAD bans users for "vandalism" even though neither of them have made a single edit.
- 291>Ace McWicked and Suspected Replicant seem determined to create as much HCM as possible
- 290>Blue resigns as mod.
- 289>Nutty Roux and Brxbrx have another bitchfest. No-one cares.
- 288>Ace, in order to demonstrate to Maratrean what the word "suppressed" means, strips him of his rights and blocks him for three months. His actions are quickly undone by Nx. Blue really lets Ace have it.
- 287>Ace resigns as moderator . Apparently Psygremlin is to take his place  Update: Psy declines  Another update: Ace nominates himself for re-election 
- 286>RationalWiki, now in Hungarian
- 285>SuspectedReplicant and Maratrean discuss trolling UPDATE: Maratrean coops SuspectedReplicant and Ace McWicked.
- 284>UncleHo has returned , claiming a return from rehab for alcoholism. Update: And yes, he still hates LX 
- 283>Could new rules for cooping some one (i.e. rules existing) come about?  Update: 12-2 the coop is for serious business 
- 282>Tempers flare as the talkpage of a relatively new
sockpuppetuser is used to debate the legacy of Winston Churchill. 
- 281>Nutty Roux is nominated to the Board to replace Eira, who resigned; a new tech office is created, and "more aggressive recruiting" is suggested. 
- 280>Sterile semiretires again, citing a lack of community. 
- 279>Maratrean, being opposed to a lack of "troll sanctuaries" for MarcusCicero, enters civil disobedience.
- 278> MordantMaenad becomes a moderator after P-Foster's resignation. 
- 277>Robert: The Ten Commandments don't apply to Christians. Now that he's been booted from CP, look forward to more similar nonsensical turds on RW. Yay.
- 276>P-Foster LANCB's for a few days and also resigns from his position as moderator on account of "creepy e-mails"
- 275>The pathos has begun. Some fuckin' basement dweller has decided to troll the site because he couldn't get a date tonight.
- 274>Earthland comes out of retirement
- 273>Hey look! Yet another debate about blocking MarcusCicero! Classic RationalWiki!
- 272>Drama ensues as a BoN outs Brxbrx's account on Conservapedia. A shitstorm then finds itself on Brxbrx's talkpage.
- 271>RationalWikians sit back and munch on popcorn as they eagerly watch an HCM of the conservative variety
- 270>A "serious" discussion starts about revising who should be sysopped and when. Expect
significant changesnothing to happen, as usual.
- 269>A new user rights group just for brxbrx?
- 268>Brxbrx is cooped by Nutty Roux for abusive blocking habits. In the meanwhile, he attempts to take a cavalier attitude, desysopping himself and even creating his own WIGO on RWW.
- 267>After a lengthy break, Onion returns for a visit
- rw266>The moderators have decided. MarcusCicero is taken out back and shot. A bit.
- rw265>ZOMG RATIONALWIKI LEAKS FOUR YEARS AGO PEOPLE MIGHT HAVE BETRAYED SOMEWHAT ALTHOUGH WE CAN'T BE SURE IT'S FOR REAL!
- rw264>Does MC have "inside collaboration" with members of RW, or is it just more sound and fury?
- rw263>And it looks like the second case is going to be Psygremlin v. Human 
- rw262>The mods prepare for their first case, Psygremlin v. MarcusCicero. . Update: P-Foster puts it to the mob for vote: 
- rw261>In the ongoing hissy-fits following the moderator elections, people are now squabbling over microvotes.
- rw260>Vote up if elected moderators are a good thing and will work, down if you think they'll make it worse, neutral if it'll be business as usual.
- rw259>Trent publishes the election results... and let the hissy-fits commence!
- rw258>It's RationalWiki vs. religion as a debate on Tmtoulouse's talkpage heats up.
- rw257>Come see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
- rw256>The war between Proxima Centauri and Human continues. Perhaps the upcoming moderator class will have its first case?
- rw255>Voting has begun for moderators
- rw254>Some lighthearted news from the world of BON edits: What do furry fandom, masturbation and Star Trek have in common?
- rw253>Human lowers the bait - Nx bites - ListenerX tells it like it is...
- rw252>Proxima Centauri gets all quantum. Human is loving the contributions.
- rw251>All hell breaks loose after trent does a server upgrade
- rw250>After all the LANCB last month, long lost editors WaitingforGodot  and Storytellershrink  have returned.
- rw249> Nominations for moderator begin 
- rw248>Ace is taken to the Coop by Nx over vandalizing Nx's userpage/talkpage. 
- rw247>Brxbrx makes a triumphant return and quickly reminds everyone of why they
missed him sowould rather he stick to ED.
- rw246>The reformation continues, as Trent posts some more on moderators 
- rw245>Ullhateme hates RW instead and LANCBs.
- rw244>You don't agree with my viewpoint so you must cite everything in this article!
- rw243>Human: "The Board? I'm on it and I recall no such discussion. Did I miss a meeting, or did you forget to "reply all" again? Ferfucksake. Best I can tell you are now lying? Really? "the RWF board of trustees have backed the plan"???????????????" Eira: "Search your email for the email thread titled "RationalWiki board: User rights change" You certainly received it, because you responded to it."
- rw242>'Cratship is no more 
- rw241>Brxbrx is desysopped by Nutty Roux after Brxbrx oversights his admission that he's a 20 year old virgin. A yawn spreads around RW. And RWW.
- rw240>RW's HCM has spread like a cancer across the Internet, afflicting Psy's blog
and even a Facebook friendship (see the comments section)(Memory-holed by the blogger in question). The Horror! The Horror!
- rw239>Some nonsense goes down about Nx installing CheckUser. 
- rw238> Armondikov resigns from the RW Foundation Board.
Psygremlin joins those "retiring".  This time he "really" is LANCB and not just seeking attention. apparently not. And this time he really really really is leaving still apparently not
- rw236> Some good news, RW now gets more more daily traffic than it did for all of 2007. And is now considered a serious website! Trent posts these details in the saloon bar 
- rw235> Tmtoulouse finally tries to shut the barn door.
- rw234>Trolls 8 - 0 Rationalwiki 
- rw233>Nx makes Blue a crat, blue and Ty recrat everyone... at this point, your guess is as good as ours.
- rw232>Armondikov decrats fucking everyone! (except Nx, Tmtoulouse and the Loya Jiga account, which were hit by Nx when he removed the sysops with his SQL-fu)
- rw231>JimJast wants to talk with Ace . This should be fun to watch
- rw230>MarcusCicero establishes a rival constitutional convention. Momentum is building. Nutty Roux has pledged allegiance to the Rationalwiki Reform Society
- rw229>Another HCM emerges from a discussion on voting on a group to prevent HCM's. And it goes to the coop
- rw228>Javascap writes a proposed constitution.
- rw227>In happier news, Totnesmartin returns 
- re226>In order to contain the amassing HCM, RationalWiki forms a Constitutional Convention
- re225>SuspectedReplicant tries to be blunt.. Human wants none of it..
- re224>Human re-appears and unilaterally de-'crats Blue. It goes to the coop, Ty and Pink reappear, and all three are recratted. But far more interesting: A vote to remove Human's cratship. Salvos are fired, and the Loya Jirga is invoked. But wait! Doubts about the vote's validity are being raised. Moar! Didn't think fundamental issues are being raised? Here you go. It's Battle of the Cabal. The drama continues as Armondikov decrats them-self, and DogP promotes himself to editor and leaves, then decides to leave even though he admits he was wrong about his original reasons. (Bit of an update: DogP is still living in his fantasy land.) We're not sure how to continue to cover this. the HCM is spreading to RWW itself. The vote ends with 31 for, 32 against, 13 goat.
- re223>Ken makes a return, with a typically unreadable screed on his talk page that might have something to do with Ace smoking.
- rw222>After a wheel war between Blue and Human over Sterile's out-of-the-blue 'cratting, ListenerX proposes an official cratting policy. 
- rw221>The Community Standards are thus modified 
- rw220>That you Mei? 
- r2219>Nutty Roux does nothing to the title of his userpage to insult Ty. Apparently it didn't do anything, because he didn't change the caption of Ty's picture on Ty's userpage, either. Ty didn't throw a hissy fit and announce his retirement  and did not throw in his 'crat and sysop bits  ZooGuard, Brxbrx and SuspectedReplicant did nothing   and Nutty continued to be a pleasant fellow.
- rw218>After a comment from theemperor, AD promotes MarcusCicero. After asking excrat Nutty to reinstate him, he is reinstated by Blue  And then promoted again by theemperor. Demoted again by Blue, after this comment. Promoted again by TheEmperor with support from Kels, and demoted once more by Nx. Promoted yet again by Phantom Hoover, and banned for 3 months. When will it end?
- rw217>Nutty Roux retires, and strips himself of 'cratship, tiring of RW filling up with, as he sees it, "cranks and obsessives."
- rw216> In the spirit of the Troll, DMorris, and Paranoiac templates, a RobS template is made. But will it get him to leave?
- rw215>The Ballad of Rob Smith continues, this time with an email from the late TK outright proving that the Cabal are paid by George Soros. Editors all over RW wonder where the money is, and when they get to see their cut.
- rw214>After a password is posted to bugmenot, the SRQ Girl account deletes a load of pages while Ex Troll Cheerleader relocates the Saloon Bar - Nx changes the password as ETC's email was a mailinator account. Others have little sympathy for someone losing an account that way.
- rw213>RW is being massively trolled. Ty threatens to report offenders to the FDACS and the Ex-Troll Cheerleader peers deeply into DMorris'
- rw212>And yet another Chicken Coop incident begins....  This time over renaming vandals
- rw211>Night of the living dead: Pink, Pinto's5150, and Caius all appear. All we need is Bohdan and AKjeldsen.
- rw210>Trent posts the new financial report and a breakdown of the fundraiser. The donor of the $1000 still remains anonymous.
- rw209>SuspectedReplicant pulls out the ol' leaving and never coming back routine.
- rw208>Should RationalWiki propagate racist hate speech?
- rw207> New user Duke massively trolls RW with a racist debate(since deleted). He's probably a sock of occasionaluse, anyways. UPDATE: MarcusCicero reveals himself for the puppeteer.
- rw206>Mustex starts a protracted edit war over RationalWiki's "drug" article, arguing in a very non-"sober" manner that it is a "straw man."
- rw205>Oh no! the Felidae article gets deleted for the tenth time! will CUR reappear to defend his magnum opus? Or will it be purged from RW?
- rw204>Some idiotic troll reports RW to the
FBIsome group nobody has heard of in the mistaken belief anyone cares.
- rw203>Icewedge returns for a spell.
- rw202>The earlier debate over what the funspace is for mates with the debate over what the essayspace is for, and a new Community Standards Revamp is born. And hey, it's already spread across multiple pages! Incoming forest fire!
- rw201>Yet another terrible essay by JimJast is put up for deletion, sparking an HCM over what the essay namespace is actually for.
- 200>Armondikov goes on sabbatical, the latest in a string of semi-retireds and wikibreaks.
RationalWiki finds out that SusanG has, apparently, passed on.
- 115>Trent appears to inform the mob that the server problems over the weekend are being caused by people from Panda's Thumb linking to the article on Scientific evidence of evolution being a hoax. 
- 114>Is ED funny? A brief flame war between brxbrx and SuspectedReplicant is broken up by SuperJosh.  Brxbrx feels the need to keep going () so SR moves it to the forum. 
- 113>Bertran and Cracker are up for crat
- 112>Ex-Troll Cheerleader takes Nutty Roux to the coop, for accusing her of being DMorris and Goonie. She then confesses to being both. We remain highly skeptical. Update: Dalek: this is silly. 
- 111>The board minutes for the April 3rd meeting are released.
- 110>ADK points out the bleeding obvious: RW may have to change its focus from Conservapedia . Dalek's essay on the matter , sparks off an argument as people realize
their entertainment could be taken away from themthe entire reason RW was set up is about disappear.
- 109>Oh no! RW super-editor PsyGremlins blog has been shut down? Say it isn't so! UPDATE: it's back! yay! :-D
- 108>Will funspace survive, or will it just be renamed? . Update: Mei goes on a Grand Purge of April 2011, throwing the delete template on the pages that are deemed "not funny" 
sempertransit Tyrannis? Or is it an April Fool's joke?
- 107>The rapid deletion of a stub about Walt Disney leads to a debate about deletion "policy" Will RW develop a formal deletion policy? Is the Pope a protestant?
- 105>It's the third HCM in one day as RA is taken to the coop by Ace after creating an "attack page"(since deleted) against human. SuperJosh and Weaseloid say that RA is just trolling while Blue remarks that while RA should be censured, there was no need to take it to the coop.
- 104>Nasty HCM.
- 103>The latest new article about a YouTuber sparks the ire of P-Foster, Thunderkatz, ListenerX and Blue. The "debate" spills to Category talk:YouTube. P-Foster and Blue delete YouTuber articles en masse, terming it "YouTube cull of '11". Eira restores some and asks why "Theamazingatheist" was deleted "without consultation with the mob" on its talk page. ZooGuard restores an article he (or she?) had created. The author of the article that prompted all of this complains on P-Foster's talk page. HCM? Possible result: formulation of some kind of YouTube notability criteria. Update: Armondikov restores some more articles, calling the initiative "fucking bullshit" and pointing out that one of the deleted pages is directly connected to Kent Hovind. Update: the discussion at Forum:Notability? is resurrected. Gooniepunk points out that "deletion without discussion is a violation of a sacred community standard" and restores the rest of the deleted articles.
- 102>Oh noez RW is down!  Update:It returns, Trent states the crash was do to conservative vandals. And it's down again. Up. down.
- 101>Ken trolls rationalwiki to near oblivion by (inadvertently?) sparking a debate about obesity
- 100>Sound the alarm! After an article is deleted for "non-notability" and is recreated P-Foster starts... acting like P-Foster. Huh. Well, maybe RW will grown some guidelines.
- 99>Bertran packs his bags and sets up a Russian RationalWiki. Good luck.
- 98>An HCM is brewing over Bertran's Russian section.
- w97>Stop the internets! SusanG has retired, for reasons still at large. If anyone knows why, please inform us here at RWW immediately!
- w96>RW hits 5000 articles
- w95>Thank Christ. Kiddy hour is over.
- w94>Human demands entertainment, whilst reminscing about Fridays in 2008. RWians want to know what he is talking about
- w93>MDB tries to quit smoking, and receives advice form Crundy, SuperJosh, and Jack Hughes.
- w92>Goonie takes a leave of absence, for classified reasons 
- w91>Oh noes, an essay is deleted. Will funspace and essays survive? . Yes, apparently.
- w90>Mei pops up to report that she and her confederates were not affected by the Japanese earthquake.
- w189>ColbertFan wages a "Block War of 2011"
- w188>Blue blocks all crats, except Tyrannis, who blocked himself earlier.
- w187> Do not mess with DickTurpis, for he will win. 
- w186> Thunderkatz wants to remove all the fun from RationalWiki.
- w185> Goonie retires, blocking himself for 3 months, after a userpage locking dispute with P-Foster. Update: he returned within a few hours.
- w184> Maratrean: Last Thursdayism is a form of Holocaust denial. RW: wha? SusanG: uh yeah, technically, but it's kind of a joke. Maratrean: No it isn't!  Totnesmartin: Are you CUR in disguise? 
- w183> Goonie turns the boycott on. We here deny prior planning.
- w182>Sprocket J Cogswell, is taken to the Chicken Coop by a BoN. The ruling is entirely in favor of Cogs.
- w181>ConservapediaEditor and Doggedpersistence have a fucking annoying edit war over a fucking awful WIGO:World.
- w180>MarcusCicero returns to annoy Quaru. 
- w179>RWikians talk about their worst culinary experiences 
- w178>SusanG will no longer comment on pages containing the dreaded LQT, regardless of how important the subject is.
- w177>AD survives the Christchurch earthquake.
- w176>And no sooner has Rob returned, than P-Foster sows the seed for HCM...
- w175>RobSmith returns, up to date as usual.
- w174>Occasionaluse puts up a LANCB template!
- w173>What a slow day. A BoN makes a comment so inanely stupid however, providing some excitement
- w172>Pink returns to comment on a debate
- w171> Blue writes an essay  about the fact that RW has quite a few nonmission articles. Cue a debate about what constitutes a nonmission article, Tyrannis doing some number thing, and points out the amount of drek in the funspace. Weaseloid agrees. Could a grand purge be on the horizon?
- w170> Ace McWicked gets hitched
- w169> LQT? In my mainspace talk? SusanG quickly tries to undo, but is reverted. Susan then rereverts.
- w168> Love blossoms in the air.
- rw167>Psygremlin leaks the content of the secret CP mailing list and the super secret "fab five" mailing list, resulting in much lulz. Nerdgasms are heard as far away as Alaska.
- rw166>A forum discussion on whether to use LQT baits Nx out of retirement to make a few comments. Also: Huge debate. Update: Trent steps in
- rw165>Tyrannis prefers to cite our recent changes than an edit history sorted by month.
- rw164>TK passes on. RW now needs to find out how to mourn him, and what to do now that he is gone. 
- 163> One of RW's favorite editors PsyGremlin returns. Yay! He was just a bit grumpy that day. He's all better now. And he's going to keep his blog updated too.
- 162>Mei returns with a sock. Usefulness remains questionable.
- 161>Nx leaves, decrats and desysops himself, after a chicken coop fight with human and SuspectedReplicant.
- 160>Psygremlin leaves and never comes back, and shuts down his blog for good measure. Minor HCM ensues.
- 159>UncleHo is taken to the chicken coop. Ban lengths are suggested, as well as new site policy for death threats.. Update: All but a few people agree, and he is banned for 3 months and promoted.
- 158>OMG! Terry Koeckritz has managed to get his name removed from the Wikipedia article! And the LA Times article too! Oh, hang on... Not only that, but it's even gone from the Wikipedia history! I'm not standing for this, I want answers! Erm, was it even there in the first place? No......
- 157>The new Board of Trustees elects are announced.