Welcome to the nuthatch. Grab yourself a slice of pizza, get a spare goat from User:DocSock and make yourself at home. --Kels 21:48, 27 May 2007 (CDT)
- Hey, the goats ain't free...to get them you gotta...um...never mind.DocSock 22:12, 27 May 2007 (CDT)
One of my sockpuppets gave his life to deliver the invite to you :-), so it is good to see you! RIP Sheridan, but I think the trade was more than worth it. Welcome!-AmesG 16:36, 28 May 2007 (CDT)
Welcome. Links to lists of userboxes can be found here. Heart♥Gold tx 01:09, 28 May 2007 (CDT)
I would talk to Linus or Icewedge for a start.DocSock 14:17, 1 June 2007 (CDT)
Re: A modest proposal
Wow, that's just… wow. Brilliant. It would be hard, but it can be done, to my knowledge. Wow. Thanks. ----Linus(plot evil tech) 14:23, 1 June 2007 (CDT)
- Is it something that you would be interested in executing, or do you think I should contact someone else? Stile4aly 20:08, 1 June 2007 (CDT)
- No, I'll do it ;). I just have to locate some spoofing software. ----Linus(plot evil tech) 11:34, 2 June 2007 (CDT)
- Muwahahahaha... Keep me in the loop via email, please. Stile4aly 12:16, 2 June 2007 (CDT)
Your monster CP quote on user page
Is a classic! ashfly in full red-blooded form, Bohdan infected by our lulz, hoji being sane, koukoukajou playing rearguard, and TK shutting it down. In bold. With an asterisk! Did you save a permalink? Or did I just miss it? Anyway, thanks for the chuckles, it's like watching a good episode of a favorite sitcom. humanbe in 19:59, 1 June 2007 (CDT)
- The original link is actually on the "Best of Conservapedia" page. It was actually what got me invited here, and like I said in the talk page on that article, I'm really flattered that everyone was so impressed. Glad I can contribute here. Stile4aly 20:05, 1 June 2007 (CDT)
- One of the things I love about it is the way Ashfly always says he won't debate it further, but then keeps going and getting his ass handed to him. He just doesn't realize when he is out of his depth and cannot admit to the possibility that facts might not support elements of his world view. That's when the Goon Squad comes in to get his back.--PalMD-yada yada 21:26, 1 June 2007 (CDT)
You'd get this as an outsider yourself...
- Why does everyone here refuse to follow their own rules? Why don't you accede to my reasonable demands? Why are you all so confused about how to follow rules? Make me a sysop! Bet you thought this was someone else. humanbe in 22:22, 1 June 2007 (CDT)
I love it
who is she/he? I want her....--CatWatcher 16:43, 3 June 2007 (CDT)
CP Account Creation disabled?
I just got myself a new ISP, and went to sign up for a new sock. I click on the Log in/Create account link for CP and I'm only getting the option to log in, not to create a new account. Have they blocked new account creation? Stile4aly 17:35, 8 June 2007 (CDT)
- I think so. See my user page though for some fun if you're jonesing. Flippin;-)
- Well, it looks like new account creation has been re-enabled, but it seems the whole site has been locked down to prevent edits by anyone other than a sysop. That's entertainment. Stile4aly 01:50, 9 June 2007 (CDT)
Question on vandalism
So, I'm in the process of improving a few articles. One might call it improvement, one might call it vandalism, depending on who the fuck one thinks one is. So, I guess my question to one would be is it ok to make snarky remarks on an article that is meant to be snarky? Stile4aly 18:03, 9 June 2007 (CDT)
- I think you answered your own question. In fact, if an article isn't snarky, it might need some. There is a fine line between improvement and vandalism, please be sure not to cross it into improvement. Also see RationalWiki:NPOV, which I wrote just to, um, cover situations like this. humanbe in 20:44, 9 June 2007 (CDT)
Very nicely done. I could only wish that it was Ed Poor but MountainDew is just as good. CЯacke®
Caught you post
to NeoNazi's talk page. oh man, that was good stuff. Thanks for the pick-me-up! Flippin;-) 13:31, 14 June 2007 (CDT)
- Whew, I thought for a while there that people might really think I was an anti-Semite. Glad you were amused. Stile4aly 20:35, 14 June 2007 (CDT)
Meh ... too easy. I do think that, say, 50 points apiece for each sock we get edit/image upload priveliges. We're already waaaay ahead of them for getting Learntogether actually onto a team. I personally thought that he was a bit too extreme, but obviously they can't tell if someone's ours or not. --ויִכִּ נתֶּרֶפּרֶתֵּר שְׁלֹום!
- 100 points for being on RW. 1000 points for each stub that gets moved to fun:. 10,000 points for typing "assfly" in any talkpage. 100,000 points for mis-spelling Conspermapodia. 1,000,000 points for getting drunk and editing "after hours". We win!!! (and ??? profit) humanbe in 01:06, 18 September 2007 (EDT)
- That brings my total to pi to the nth points. Locke Always Watching...... 01:09, 18 September 2007 (EDT)
Really glad that I kept my argument with Andy from the talk page now that TK has nuked the history. Douche. Stile4aly 00:57, 18 September 2007 (EDT)
New CP user
I'm surprised they've allowed another John Smith on the site, after I handed Andy his ass last time. I wonder if Andy will accuse him of not using his real name. Stile4aly 19:30, 30 October 2007 (EDT)
You now have more buttons to fight vandals. Please use the power for good and not naughty.
It is recommended you practice, by blocking a respected user for a couple of minutes, or yourself.
We block at "sysop discretion", usually a couple of hours quiets a vandal. We also play with "pi" blocks, any way you want to interpret that is your own opersonal style.
Thank you for your volunteering. human 22:53, 10 November 2007 (EST)
Hey, Stile - you seem to know a little more about Islam - or at least obscure Arabic pre-Islamic moon deities than I do. Wouldja mind taking a gander at the rest of Dr. Dolittle's contributions and seeing what other inaccuracies have slipped in? dude's been making a mess for a couple of days now...Cheers. PFoster 13:49, 28 December 2007 (EST)
- Sure thing, and I appreciate your efforts to keep a rein on the influx of questionable material. It's not all inaccurate, but a fair amount is misrepresentation.
I see you commemorated the saddest out (for you) of the 2007 World Series. Can I at least say in passing that (both St. Louis and) Denver were supremely sportmanlike hosts and awesome cities to watch the game played in? And to watch the the "other" teams fans welcomed in? Denver may have lost, but they displayed, as a team and as a city, a wonderful example of how sports whould be enjoyed. Hint: In Boston and New York, they spit on "opposing" fans, and literally overturn and burn cars with the wrong license plates. Your team was game, they got it on, and got to the World Series (congratulations!) - and played their hearts out, with no unsportsmanlike antagonism - on the part of the team or their fans. That's how sports are supposed to be played. That's me done. human 21:31, 16 February 2008 (EST)
- Well, I appreciate the sentiment but I think you have my D'Backs mixed up with the Colorado Rockies who, I agree, were a very sportsmanlike team. The photo is actually from game 2 of our NLDS series with the Cubs. I believe that's a shot of Chris Young putting a homerun over the left center wall while Cubs pitcher Ted Lilly throws down his glove like a pouting 8 year old. Ah, that was a fun game. It got bad for us in the NLCS when the Rockies were simply unstoppable, but it was still a great ride. Stile4aly 01:26, 17 February 2008 (EST)
- I can't put my finger on it, but I have the sneaking suspicion that this conversation is about sports. Anyways, Linus, Susan, ...yah, pretty much everybody else will continue not caring. -- Radioactive afikomen Please ignore all my awful pre-2014 comments. 01:31, 17 February 2008 (EST)
- Sorry for the technical mistake. I still think that all talk about "sportsmanship" still applies. My error on "the details"...? And thank you for settting me straight. human 01:35, 17 February 2008 (EST)
What's a WYSIWYW editor? Radioactive afikomen Please ignore all my awful pre-2014 comments. 19:25, 23 June 2008 (EDT)
- What you see is what you want. Basically I want the wiki to know what I'm thinking and put that on the page rather than having to remember how to format. Shit, I can't even remember my comma rules, let alone how to wikify things properly. I don't want to end up looking like Conservative. Stile4aly 19:28, 23 June 2008 (EDT)
- Don't be ridiculous. The only way you could ever look like Conservative would be to write this. : ) Radioactive afikomen Please ignore all my awful pre-2014 comments. 19:32, 23 June 2008 (EDT)
Nice one ^_^ Pink(Bohdan should really learn to think clearly.) 13:12, 29 September 2008 (EDT)
Blessed Eid ul-Fitr, Stile4aly! :-) --AKjeldsenCum dissensie 12:03, 30 September 2008 (EDT)
- Shookran gazeelan, my friend. Stile4aly 16:39, 30 September 2008 (EDT)
Nice rewrite. It reads MUCH better now. Researcher 14:39, 14 December 2008 (EST)
- Thanks very much. I got that the author was trying to explain the mix of Islam with Arab nationalism, but it felt like it was coming off a bit stilted. Glad you liked it! Stile4aly 14:42, 14 December 2008 (EST)
You've got mail. JoshuaZ 01:59, 11 November 2009 (UTC)
- Your very important email has been answered. Ole Ole Ole! Stile4aly 18:48, 11 November 2009 (UTC)
What have you been doing?
Yet More Stealth Parody in Conservapedia Proxima Centauri (talk) 08:32, 22 December 2009 (UTC)
- Yup, it was me. Somewhere around here I have the parody version of the page I put up again after the week that never was when Qwest's block was lost, complete with MOAR HITLER. Stile4aly (talk) 03:45, 23 December 2009 (UTC)
Tony sidaway is blaming you for his disenchantment with RW:
- Twitter: "TonySidaway: . @redacted see this blog post and comments on thread. At that point all my respect for #RationalWiki died. tinyurl.com/Stile4aly · Reply · RT"
- Stick the tinyurl in your browser. --Scream!! (talk) 20:43, 7 April 2011 (UTC)
Tony misses the point. It was perfectly reasonable to believe that an actual Conservapedian created the article and that was backed up by the fact that administrators edited it. They only pulled the article down when it started to get media attention, and Tony thought they might have taken down the site due to embarrassment. Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut and let everyone think that QWest was a legitimate user, but I actually felt badly about it and realized I had gone too far, which is why I came forward. Tony never had a high opinion of RW as his belief in the sanctity of a wiki-based community was in conflict with our institutionalized ridicule of CP, so if he wants to use me as a scapegoat, that's fine. Last time I checked, my life's purpose was not to impress Tony Sidaway. Stile4aly (talk) 21:03, 7 April 2011 (UTC)
- Yup! that's about what I thought. Agree with you 100%. --Scream!! (talk) 21:05, 7 April 2011 (UTC)
After reading the end of the "Other codes of conduct", I'm hoping you can answer a question. Is it true that shrines in Iran allow depictions of Mohammed (faithful to any scriptural descriptions with no room for artistic license)? No Muslims in my neighborhood are Shi'ites, so I don't know if this is a unique concept to Iran or a component of the denomination.-- Forerunner (talk) 16:53, 27 July 2014 (UTC)
- I was raised Sunni and these days I'm a non-believer, so I actually can't speak to the specific practices of Shia art. From what I know, though, I think it's unlikely. Stile4aly (talk) 16:54, 27 July 2014 (UTC)
- Ah well, worth a try; I was hoping to get extra credit on a university essay on the difference between icons and idolatry.-- Forerunner (talk) 17:01, 27 July 2014 (UTC)