|A guide to|
|Hail to the Chief?|
|Persons of interest|
Virginia Foxx (1943–) is a batshit insane Republican member of the American House of Representatives from North Carolina's fifth district (2005-present). Like Michele Bachmann, she is one of those crazy ranting women in the House and unfortunately her seat is utterly safe, as her constituency is one of the most conservative in the country.
In September 2005, Foxx was among the politicians who opposed the $51 billion aid package for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. 
In early 2009 she said that Matthew Shepard was killed in a robbery, not because he was gay. She did not (and probably could not) address why he was tortured and crucified as well. She has also said that universal health care is more threatening than "any terrorist right now in any country," that American seniors will be put to death by their government, and that "there are no Americans who don't have health care."
She has also claimed that the Republican Party passed the Civil Rights Act, with almost no help from the Democratic Party, despite the fact that Lyndon Johnson pushed it through Congress with the help of mostly Democrats and some northern Republicans.
Foxx also voted against the Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repeal Act of 2010. In 2019, Foxx was against the Equality Act, that was supposed expand the federal Civil Rights Act of 1964 against discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. 
Representative Foxx is affectionately known as 'Hide Yer Biscuits', stemming from her habit of hoarding food from whatever buffet she visits. Meanwhile, she was one of only 13 representatives to vote against the National School Lunch Program.
Foxx said that she had no tolerance for those with student loans.
Virginia Foxx is also one of 139 representatives who voted to overturn the 2020 United States presidential election results, even after the 2021 U.S. Capitol riot.
- ↑ Foxx's homepage
- ↑ Rome News-Tribune 22 September 2005
- ↑ YouTube: Rep. Virginia Foxx Dishonored Matthew Shepard's Death On The House Floor
- ↑ Think Progress: Rep. Foxx: Health care reform is a bigger threat than ‘any terrorist right now in any country.’ 2 November 2009
- ↑ Regarding President Obama's health care reform bill — Think Progress: Conservatives Fabricate ‘Mandatory’ End-Of-Life Consultations In House Bill 29 July 2009
- ↑ Think Progress: Rep. Virginia Foxx: ‘There Are No Americans Who Don’t Have Health Care’ 24 July 2009
- ↑ Think Progress: Foxx: Republicans ‘Passed Civil Rights Bills Back In The 60s Without Very Much Help’ From Democrats 19 November 2009
- ↑ National Archives' Prologue Magazine: LBJ Champions the Civil Rights Act of 1964 Summer 2004
- ↑ Final Vote Results for Roll Call 317
- ↑ House Debate on the Equality Act
- ↑ Daily Kos: Virginia Foxx is Coming. Hide Yer Biscuits. 6 March 2010
- ↑ Project Vote Smart: Representative Virginia Ann Foxx's Voting Records
- ↑ HuffPo: Representative Virginia Foxx: 'No Tolerance' For Graduates With Big Student Loans To Pay 17 April 2012
- ↑ 147 Republican lawmakers still objected to the election results after the Capitol attack, Vox, January 7, 2021
You can help RationalWiki by expanding it.