| You gotta spin it to win it|
|Stop the presses!|
|We want pictures|
“”We live in a world of too much information and too little context. Too much noise and too little insight. That's where Vox's explainers come in.
Vox is American news and opinion website founded in April 2014 by Ezra Klein, Matt Yglesias and Melissa Bell, based on the concept of explanatory journalism. In July 2014, Vox received 8.2 million unique visitors, and in August 2019 Vox's readership was estimated to be more than 33 million visitors. As October 2019, the Vox youtube channel has over 6.72 million subscribers and over 1.5 billion views.
In March 2014, before it had officially launched, Vox was criticized by conservative media commentators, including Erick Erickson, for a video it had published arguing the public debt "isn't a problem right now".
In December 2018, Vox received criticism from fans of PewDiePie for an article written by Aja Romano which alleged that PewDiePie had ties to the alt-right and white supremacism, and even went as far as including Laci Green among a list of "alt-right identified figures" — which she was not too happy about. Romano has said she had received harassment on Twitter, while many of the fans urged PewDiePie to sue Vox.
- Explainers — Vox.
- Bercovici, Jeff (May 12, 2014). "Why Do So Many Journalists Hate Vox?".
- Weigel, David (August 23, 2014). "Here's What You Need to Know About Politico's Coverage of Vox, in Two Charts".
- "vox.com Traffic Statistics".
- "Vox Channel About Page".
- Yglesias, Matthew (March 28, 2014). "Stop freaking out about the debt". Vox.
- Cosman, Ben. "Ezra Klein's Vox Is Already Being Labeled 'Left-Wing Propaganda' by Conservatives". The Atlantic.
- Byers, Dylan (June 3, 2016). "Vox suspends editor for encouraging riots at Donald Trump rallies". CNN.
- Romano, Aja (December 13, 2018). "YouTube’s most popular user amplified anti-Semitic rhetoric. Again". Vox.
- Dube Dwilson, Stephanie (December 17, 2018). "PewDiePie, Wall Street Journal & Vox Feud Explained". Heavy.com.
- Laci Green on Twitter.