There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2021.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
Yukio Edano (枝野 幸男) (1964–) is a social liberal politician in Japan. He is the leader of Japan's main opposition, the Constitutional Democratic Party of Japan. He is called the last hope of the Japanese 'liberal camp'.
- Opposition to constitutional amendment[note 1]
- Opposition to Japanese ultra-nationalism
- Post-nuclear energy9
- Improvement in relations with South Korea[note 2]
- Advocacy of sexual minorities and women's rights
- Support for minorities in Japan (Burakumin), advocacy for Korean human rights and opposition to racial discrimination
- Support for freedom of expression (opposition to State Secrecy Law)
- Promotion of welfare policies and human rights for children and the disabled
- Advocacy of grassroots democracy and liberal populism
- Criticism of the political ties between Donald Trump and Shinzō Abe
- Japan's constitutional amendment is led by right-wing populists and right-wing nationalists in Japan. Japan's right-wing to far-rightist are trying to revise Article 2 of the Japanese constitution. Article 2 of the Constitution of Japan has 'the renunciation of war'. Japan was a defeated country during World War II and committed war crimes similar to Nazi Germany.(ex. Comfort women, Rape of Nanjing, Unit 731)
- However, he is negative about relations with China and North Korea because he is an moderate anti-communist. (Japan's conservatives, who came to power in the 21st century, have very bad relations with South Korea because they have abandoned anti-Communism and are showing a tendency toward ultra-nationalism.)