Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House
|Great and terrible|
|On our shelf:|
Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House is a book by Michael Wolff detailing the campaign for and the first year of the Donald Trump presidency. Originally scheduled to be released on January 9, 2018 (later rescheduled to January 5), it was propelled into the spotlight after Trump's lawyers sent cease-and-desist messages to its publisher Henry Holt and Company asking them to halt its publication. Following the pre-publication revelation that Steve Bannon regarded the campaign meeting with agents of the Russian government at Trump Tower as treasonous, the book went to the number-one spot on Amazon's Best-Selling Books list on January 3, 2018.
Although in the past Wolff has been accused of "not just recreating scenes in his books and columns, but of creating them wholesale", there is reason to believe there are truths to be found within the book: 1) his unprecedented eighteen-month "fly-on-the-wall" access, 2) his access to hours of tapes from the White House, 3) the swift non-denial denial and outrage from Trump. 4) Bannon, who made some of the most damning comments in the book, has not disputed them.
The title of the book is a reference to a bizarre statement made by Trump regarding his plans on dealing with the North Korean nuclear crisis, in which he said "[North Korea] will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen".
- DeCosta-Klipa, Nik, Maine newspaper 'mortified' by front-page typo of Trump's North Korea threat, Boston.com, 10 August 2017.
- Stelter, Brian, Michael Wolff's Trump book hits #1 on Amazon, publisher speeds up rollout plan, CNN Money, 4 January 2018
- Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House Amazon.com (archived from January 3, 2018).
- Michael Wolff tells a juicy tale in his new Trump book. But should we believe it? by Paul Farhi (January 3, 2017) The Washington Post.
- Michael Wolff’s book explosive book confirms an alarming truth about Trump by Greg Sargent (January 4, 2017 at 10:06 AM) The Washington Post.
- How author Michael Wolff got his 'fly-on-the-wall' access to the Trump White House by Gregory Korte (Published 4:58 p.m. ET Jan. 4, 2018 | Updated 6:47 p.m. ET Jan. 4, 2018) USA Today.
- Scoop: Wolff taped interviews with Bannon, top officials by Mike Allen (January 4, 2018) Axios.
- Steve Bannon 'Lost His Mind,' Trump Says In Response To Critical Quotes by Bill Chappell (January 3, 201811:02 AM ET) The Two-Way: NPR.
- And the Trumpie goes to… by Dana Milbank (January 5 at 7:48 PM) The Washington Post.
- Zeleny, Jeff, Merica, Dan, and Liptak, Kevin, Trump's 'fire and fury' remark was improvised but familiar, CNN Politics, 9 August 2017.