There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff — we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone seeing this today donates $5, we will meet our goal for 2018.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
| The Atheist's Guide To|
|More about atheism|
Hemant Mehta is an American atheist activist, blogger, and author. He's known for selling his soul on eBay, eating babies, and not being an asshole to believers. Mehta was a math teacher but is now a full-time atheist activist. If you are looking for a popular atheist YouTuber, his channel "The Atheist Voice" is a far better alternative to that other guy.
The Friendly Atheist
Hemant Mehta's blog, Friendly Atheist, is currently hosted on Patheos. Mehta features issues like separation of church and state, gay rights, the use of religion to explain the origin of the universe,, the non-existence of the soul, and Santa Claus.
Mehta took up the case of a pastor's wife who was treated unsympathetically by a group of Christians after she filed for separation from her husband citing physical, spiritual and emotional abuse. Mehta also criticised Christians who oppose abortion rights,  described how anti-abortion activists who tried to undermine Planned Parenthood broke the law,  and has opposed proposed Illinois legislation that would deny financial support for mothers of children who cannot name the father in a birth certificate. 
Mehta has written several books. He gained a degree of prominence following the events described in I Sold My Soul on eBay (2007, ISBN 978-1400073474). The Young Atheist's Survival Guide: Helping Secular Students Thrive (2012, ISBN 978-1939221070) is intended to help students cope with the social consequences of coming out as atheists and stand up to teachers and administrators trying to inject religion in public schools.
- Mmmm, tasty babies... (A running joke, based on the claim that atheists are prone to over-the-top villainy, such as eating babies.)
- Senator Orrin Hatch: The Wall of Separation Between Church and State Must Come Down Colorado School Says No to Personalized Messages on Nameplates After Donor Requests Bible Verses Catholic “Militant” Says Church/State Separation is a Bad Idea
- Christians Protest Tennessee High School’s Gay-Straight Alliance Group, Comparing It to ISIS This Valentine’s Day Ad Will Drive Christian Conservatives Crazy
- What Caused the Big Bang?
- It’s Time to Abandon the Irrational Concept of a Soul
- Here’s How My 5-Year-Old Daughter Discovered the Truth About Santa This Kid Stumped Santa with a Question About Immortality
- After Detained Pastor’s Release from Iran, His Wife is Under Fire for Alleging Domestic Violence
- Christian Pastor: A Woman Doesn’t Have a “Right Over Her Own Body” Because God Owns It
- Christian Leader: Anti-Abortion Activists Should Be Cleared of Crimes as Prosecution is Persecution
- Proposed Illinois Law Would Deny Support from Mothers Who Don’t List Father on Birth Certificate
- As Long As We All Agree About That Aspect of God