| It's gettin' hot in here|
Katharine Hayhoe (1972–) is an atmospheric scientist and associate professor of political science at Texas Tech University, where she is Director of the Climate Science Center. She is also an evangelical Christian. Yes, you read that right.
Hayhoe performs a lot of outreach to Christian communities, talking to them about climate science. Nonetheless, she has stated that she gets about a hundred times more pieces of hate mail stating that she couldn't possibly be a real Christian if she's a scientist than the other way around.
- A Climate for Change: Global Warming Facts for Faith-Based Decisions by Katharine Hayhoe & Andrew Farley (2009). Katharine Hayhoe. ISBN 0446549568. Farley is Hayhoe's husband, an evangelical pastor and a linguistics professor.
- Katharine Hayhoe, Ph.D.: Associate Professor — Political Science Texas Tech University
- Spreading the global warming gospel: A climatologist in West Texas takes on skeptics with scientific data — and her own faith as an evangelical Christian by Neela Banerjee (December 07, 2011) The Los Angeles Times.
- Canadian climate scientist finds fame, hate mail in U.S. Tu Thanh Ha (Published Tuesday, Jan. 10, 2012 4:14PM EST; Last updated Thursday, Sep. 06, 2012 12:02PM EDT) The Toronto Globe and Mail.
- An Evangelical Climate Scientist Wins Over Skeptics The New Yorker Radio Hour
- See the Wikipedia article on Andrew Farley.