One Million Moms
| Christ died for|
our articles about
|A multi-chef broth|
|Devil's in the details|
|The pearly gates|Seventeen Angry Dipsticks One Dozen Shrews One Million Moms is a small advocacy group for social conservatism, created by—and a front group for—the American Family Association. Its mission is to oppose the "immorality, violence, vulgarity and profanity" of modern media, generally by attempting to stir public outcry. Specifically, they have opposed television shows such as Glee, The Playboy Club, Skins, and GCB (originally Good Christian Bitches) - citing these shows' normalization of homosexuality or a perceived anti-Christian bias) - and have advocated on behalf of numerous other causes, such as opposing the addition of openly gay characters to Marvel and DC comic books.
One Million Moms are perhaps most notable for their failed attempt to start a mass boycott of retail chain J.C. Penney after that company chose Ellen DeGeneres, who is openly gay, as a spokesperson. J.C. Penney's stock price and sales volumes plummeted under a recent CEO, highlighting how the failed boycott had less to do with the company's strength and more to do with the hilarious inefficacy of One Million Moms.
Even if they were one million strong, they would still be no more than 1 to 2% of all mothers in the United States.
In 2019, they targeted The Hallmark Channel for showing a movie about lesbian marriage. Like everything else on the channel, it was boring! Naturally, OMM attacked the movie as being sinful. Was it perhaps too boring?
In 2020, OMM attacked Burger King for saying, "Damn that's good." in a commercial for the meatless Impossible Burger. He that believeth in meat and is baptized in lard shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned (Mock 16:16, apologies to Mark 16:16).
- Pinkham, C.A., "Olive Garden better watch out, because this dude has NOTIFIED MANY PEOPLE ON FACEBOOK", Wonkette (1/29/16, 4:45pm).
- One Million Moms website
- "About", onemillionmoms.com
- "Successes", onemillionmoms.com
- "Anti-Gay Group's J.C. Penney boycott fizzles", L.A. Times
- "One Million Moms 'Moving on' From JC Penney-Ellen DeGeneres Protest"
- "Kmart's 'Jingle Bells' ad goes viral, sparks One Million Moms protest", L.A. Times
- "New Campbell's Ad Angers A 'Million' Moms", Youtube
- 'Facts for Features: Mother's Day: May 13, 2012', census.gov
- The first gay Hallmark movie will be so boring. That’s great news. by Drew Goins (Dec. 16, 2019 at 4:08 p.m. PST) The Washington Post.
- A conservative moms group has a beef with Burger King – and the ‘d-word’ by Rachel Siegel (Jan. 13, 2020 at 7:01 a.m. PST) The Washington Post.