|—"Dr." Robert Jeffress, making Dems sound metal as fuck|
| Christ died for|
our articles about
|A multi-chef broth|
|Devil's in the details|
|The pearly gates|
Robert James Jeffress Jr. (1955–) is a fundamentalist Baptist pastor at the First Baptist Church of Dallas, Texas. He exemplifies the fundie preacher using hate mongering to keep his flock attentive and fearful. His biggest wet dream is to convert his specious relationship with President Donald Trump into lawful persecution of gross gay sex and a fetus-murder-ban.
Jeffress got his start in bigotry and politics in 1998 by trying to influence the Wichita Falls, Texas city council with his homophobic religious views. He had refused to return two pro-LGBT library books Heather Has Two Mommies and Daddy's Roommate. He offered to pay for the books on the condition that the library not purchase replacement copies and then threatened to defeat city council members who did not support him. He was reported for violating the Johnson Amendment for these shenanigans, but it is not known whether any action was taken by the IRS.
In 2011, Jeffress endorsed Rick Perry for the 2012 U.S. presidential election on his church's website, which would be another violation of the Johnson Amendment. Jeffress also later went on to say that "Mormonism is not Christianity. It’s not politically correct to say, but Mormonism is a cult." Despite this, Jeffress went on to endorse Mitt Romney over Barack Obama, stating that a vote for Obama was a vote for the Antichrist.
“”today the Roman Catholic Church is the result of that corruption. Much of what you see in the Catholic Church today doesn’t come from God’s word. It comes from this cult-like pagan religion. "You say, 'Well now pastor how can you say such a thing? That is such an indictment of the Catholic Church.' After all, the Catholic Church talks about God and the Bible and Jesus and the blood of Christ and salvation. Isn’t that the genius of Satan?
In 2018, Romney was disgusted that Jeffress was invited to open the US Embassy in Jerusalem because Jeffress had previously stated "you can't be saved by being a Jew," and "Mormonism is a heresy from the pit of hell."
Basically, everyone is going to Hell except Jeffress and his church, or at least a lower level of Hell than them:
In September 2015, Jeffress was one of the first evangelicals to support Trump in his candidacy in the 2016 U.S. presidential election. For this and for his universal bigotry, Jeffress was rewarded with a position in the White House Faith Initiative. Jeffress claims that the Initiative members only pray for Trump on an "as needed" basis, but given that Trump sins 24/7, that must be a fuck of a lot of praying. Jeffress is an exemplar of a Christian adopting the "ends justify the means" over everything else. When asked why evangelicals should support the very adulterous Trump, he pointed out that right-wing saint Ronald Reagan was an adulterer too, but it didn't matter, because policies. Jeffress even held a pseudo-Trump rally with full religious pretense including an angelic choir chanting a choral "Make America Great Again"!
- Card Sharks (September 15, 1986) — Jeffress committing the sin of gambling on the TV show Card Sharks
- Pathway to Victory — First Baptist Dallas
- Trump Adviser Robert Jeffress: Democrats Worship the Demon God Moloch
- How First Baptist’s Robert Jeffress Ordained Himself to Lead America: He says that Mormonism is a cult and gays are "filthy." But he says it because he really, truly doesn’t want you to go to Hell. by Michael J. Mooney (January 2012) D Magazine.
- The Apostle Of Trump: The Rev. Robert Jeffress Wasn't Known To Most Americans Before He Emerged As President's Chief Evangelical Defender by Liz Hayes (July/August 2018) Church & State Magazine.
- Mormonism is not Christianity, it is a CULT! Dr Robert Jeffress Speaks With CNNs Kyra Phillips 10811 (Oct 14, 2011) YouTube.
- Why pastor Robert Jeffress’ interview with Sean Hannity was so maddening to so many (October 25, 2017) Religion News Service.
- Robert Jeffress says “you can’t be saved by being a Jew,“ and “Mormonism is a heresy from the pit of hell.” He’s said the same about Islam. Such a religious bigot should not be giving the prayer that opens the United States Embassy in Jerusalem. by Mitt Romney (4:42 AM - 14 May 2018) Twitter.
- A look at Robert Jeffress, the controversial figure giving the prayer at the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem today by Eugene Scott (May 14, 2018) The Washington Post.
- Faith Inside the Oval Office: Evangelical Advisor Shares What It's Like to Counsel Trump by Mark Martin (09-06-2017) Christian Broadcasting Network News.
- Pastor Robert Jeffress Defends Trump’s Evangelical Support By Citing ‘Womanizer’ Reagan, Splinter News, July 21, 2018
- Church choir sings 'Make America Great Again' song to Trump by Jacqueline Thomsen (07/02/17 02:37 PM EDT) The Hill.