- 1 Entangling theories
- 2 Former NASA employee says Earth is flat?
- 3 Water, water everywhere
- 4 Ultima Thule
- 5 Another source
- 6 We're covering up the truth of the ice wall.
- 7 Another reference
- 8 Flat Earth and Hollow Earth followers
- 9 How does an accelerating Earth make atmospheric drag stop working?
- 10 Stressed Flat Earth
Could some of the ley lines not working as the relevant woo-meisters claim (rather than using natural and constructed features as route markers/constructing places of interest where money-giving travellers are likely to be passing) because of the curvature of the Earth be brought into the discussion? Anna Livia (talk)
Former NASA employee says Earth is flat?
Hi. I seem to remember once hearing about someone who worked at NASA and claimed the Earth was flat. I don't quite remember. I remember he was not a scientist or engineer, and he thought Antarctica went on near infinitely and there were other land masses beyond Antarctica. I thought I had read about him here on RW, but I looked through the fossil record and couldn't find it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Am I remembering a hoax, or was he a real crackpot? Thanks. Lgmr (talk) 07:48, 14 December 2018 (UTC)
- Could it be David Beverley Sr.? I don't see him mentioned on RW, but he fits the bill: claims to have worked on IT security for NASA, fundie, flattie. Bongolian (talk) 08:47, 14 December 2018 (UTC)
Water, water everywhere
- Maybe the long-distance migrating birds and sea creatures can pop in to say hi. --It's-a me, LeftyGreenMario!(Mod) 22:36, 19 January 2019 (UTC)
We're covering up the truth of the ice wall.
- Actually the domain of the Frosted Silence - which would explain why nobody discusses it. Anna Livia (talk) 19:28, 26 March 2019 (UTC)
Flat Earth and Hollow Earth followers
- Generally, it results in Armageddon but on a geocentric earth. Bongolian (talk) 17:10, 20 June 2019 (UTC)
How does an accelerating Earth make atmospheric drag stop working?
The article says, "This constant acceleration disproves the existence of terminal velocity. A consequence of this would be death of anyone attempting to make use of a parachute. This would only be reasonable, if one were to expand the globalist conspiracy to include the coverup of all deaths from parachute failure." What am I missing here? Is whoever wrote that sentence assuming that an accelerating Earth would not bring air along with it? Why? Vivisectionist (talk) 01:54, 2 November 2019 (UTC)
Stressed Flat Earth
What gravitational etc effect would 'other astronomical bodies' have on a flat Earth - and would not the effect of 'meteorite strikes, volcanoes, earthquakes, fracking, avalanches/landslides, tsunami etc' cause detectable resonances and other earth movements that would eventually cause disruption to the flexing Flat Earth?
And how do the Flat Earthers explain the origins of the planet as they see it? (If Theia had struck the Earth at the correct angle in the direction of rotation how much would the new combined planet have speeded up and flattened out as a result?) Anna Livia (talk) 11:36, 21 January 2020 (UTC)