Since @James Earl Cash keeps removing (without any motivation except for "stop removing snark") my (on the other hand motivated) edits; I collect my reasons here.
I make it clear: Molyneux is full of shit, but this page has a lot of problems. One thing are founded criticisms of Molyneux, which are welcome, another thing are gratuitous attacks against libertarians (which, by the way, are not such supporters of Molyneux), blind criticisms of everything Molyneux has said/done JUST because he is Molyneux, "jokes" nobody understands...
Steve Stefan Molyneux (born 1966) is an British Irish-Canadian political activist
Steve and British? What is the joke? I know he get "angry" for mispelling his name like "Stephan", "Stephen"... but "Steve" ?
In one video, he sees being nice to a woman as "a white knight" reaction to "PROTECT THE EGGS." That's not hyperbole, he really shouts "PROTECT THE EGGS."<ref>[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwThhlhBZqk "The TRUTH About ''Star Wars: The Force Awakens''!"]</ref>
And what is questionable about that? From an evolutionary perspective, it's completely reasonable that "white knights" are a strategy to protect the species reproduction.
And on an entirely unrelated note, why are there so few female libertarians?Feminism is SOCIALISM IN PANTIES?? (Women know they're inherently weak, unlike big burly anarcho-capitalist males, and thus they are biologically driven to the warm embrace of the state.)
What does such question mean? It is not a rhetoric question and the reader of course cannot answer. Also, if anything, the footnote should report what Molyneux actually said, not something else.
These days he moans about Islam and oversimplifies the Crusades.
This is listed under "Instances of State support" but it is not such an instance.
On a related subject, why are there so few black libertarians?
Again, if Molyneux asked and/or answered such a question, then a reference should be reported. Also, that is not an instance of State support.
Molyneux decided that Leonard Nimoy's passing was the appropriate time to talk about how Spock's collectivism ... Similarly, he posted a video on Robin Williams' suicide, leaping at the chance to psychoanalyze the actor ...
Nimoy and Williams were both very public actors and everybody, including all media, spoken about their death. I have no idea how this is wrong when it is Molyneux doing it. --McLaghing (talk) 20:25, 19 February 2018 (UTC)
- I can't believe I'm actually doing this but here goes.
- Those questions, it's a rhetorical question to snark at Molyneux's obvious racism and sexism, which isn't that uncommon in the libertarian movement as a whole. Protect the eggs is funny, it's not something a normal person would say. Especially a red piller like Molyneux. re: Nimoy and Williams and all of pop culture, he analyzes it from the perspective of libertarianism and frames it from his own warped perspective while omitting info. Look at his piss poor analysis on Maya Angelou. So it's not surprising either when he actually looks at Frozen as feminist propaganda, and even had to apparently "deprogram" his daughter because she watched Maleficent. The guy is not right in the head. I'd say bashing him is appropriate. James Earl Cash (talk) 06:33, 20 February 2018 (UTC)
- Yikes, you're a bit of a hothead aren't you? Gonna ignore my replies, well you didn't need much time to decide that at all.
- But sure man, supporting the Confederate south and altogether shitting on black people for thinking slavery is bad isn't state support. Same with pissing and moaning about Islam, especially a racist like Molyneux who supports Trump and tries to skew the Crusades in favor of the Europeans. SURE MANG. Fuckin dumbass.
- I mean I already said that the point of those rhetorical questions was snark. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see why said snark would be appropriate. You're seriously going to raise issue with a dumb joke like Steve? Fuck on off outta here with that shit. James Earl Cash (talk) 15:21, 20 February 2018 (UTC)
IMO:Some people regard this wiki as a carnival: a place where all the bad people are castigated for their bad ideas, like clowns sitting on a trap-door over a tank of water; and we wise few toss the balls at the target until we sink the suckers. But, in my view, the main product of these articles should be a fairly accurate picture of the people being represented, with some humor and a healthy dose of ridicule too. I think any ridicule should be specific. Ridicule Molyneux for specific faux pas, not just non-standard ideas, but ideas that can reasonably be viewed as pernicious. I suggest you ask CowHouse or LeftyGreenMario, both moderators if you are unsure about anything. James: if no administrator agrees with you, you need to relent.Ariel31459 (talk) 17:17, 21 February 2018 (UTC)
- If no administrator agreeing with me is codeword for, "Let's pretend to have a debate while ignoring anything you say," as McLaghing just did, then hell no. He outright said he's not going to acknowledge anything I say even after I raised my salient points. And I'm being lectured by you of all people? Get bent. James Earl Cash (talk) 17:39, 21 February 2018 (UTC)
Limit the Snark bullshit
This guy is about as bad as they come. A true and faithful representation of what an asshole he is is what I would like to see. There is too much dumbass snark editing, by editors who don't know enough about the subject to say anything intelligent. I don't want to read stupid jokes. This article could be 100 pages long just describing why this guy is a crazy asshole.Ariel31459oh yeah?
- The snark in question that's being debated doesn't really add up to much though. Removing the sentences also kinda undermines how racist and sexist he really is. I'm not going to look for the source right now because this is just on a talk page, but whenever his wife is feeling down, she asks him how she should feel instead of actually feeling anything for herself. Icing on the cake and all that. Typical of a man who looks into meaning on Beauty and the Beast and regards Maleficent as feminist propaganda. Nor is it surprising that a man who pushes the lost cause of the south, where prominent libertarians in general tend to think slavery isn't so bad and think race really inherently determines IQ (hello there Walter Block) is going to push black people away from the movement. James Earl Cash (talk) 21:13, 22 February 2018 (UTC)
So how long until Moly goes full-on fourteen words?
I can't be a white supremacist, Chinamen are good at math! 184.108.40.206 (talk) 03:19, 6 December 2018 (UTC)
IQ and greenhouses
Both ought to be added, I suppose this is to remind me. — Dysk (contribs) 21:57, 19 January 2019 (UTC)
- Well, just in case you forget, you know the resources we can work from? --It's-a me, LeftyGreenMario! 21:58, 19 January 2019 (UTC)
Comment from one of the enlightened
goes full on racist
He has went over the edge, the article should be updated to reflect
With the Epstein case he has gonna full on anti semetic,
lots of white supremecy stuff
https://twitter.com/StefanMolyneux/status/1149438561328029697 — Unsigned, by: 220.127.116.11 / talk
- I mean, they're great to incorporate into the article, but the article is clearly written with an awareness of who Molyno is and the things he believes already. ikanreed 🐐Bleat at me 20:49, 17 July 2019 (UTC)
- Not relevant to the section, but up there with "I was homeschooled and it was not taught" for self-owns. ikanreed 🐐Bleat at me 21:17, 8 October 2019 (UTC)
My thoughts on Stefan
I adopted an African daughter and I've seen racism, up close, and the racists would have been horrified to be called racist. And they were racist, it was visible to me. I don't hate racists, racism is somewhat natural, but humans are also capable of more, and the "more" starts with identifying racism and realizing what it is. The core of racism is the belief that race is a biologically significant reality. What is Molyneux's stand on that?
My suspicion: Stefan is actually a racist (as I understand it), but I'm not going to refuse to listen to him because of that idea. He is a human and humans are worthy of respect, or at least an opportunity to be heard. But not everyone can be heard, certainly not by me. There is only so much time in the day and so many days left in my life. Defendingstephen (talk) 01:39, 13 April 2020 (UTC)
- Why did you spell Stefan wrong in your username, seeing as you clearly know how to properly spell it (section header, second paragraph)? And you shouldn't refuse to listen to him because he's a racist, you should refuse to listen to him because he's a moron. スプリギーナ (話) (貢献) @ 03:34, 13 April 2020 (UTC)