Conservapedia:What is going on at CP?
What is going on?
|Best of Conservapedia|
Differences with Wikipedia
CP in the media
More about CP
Extension:DynamicPageList (DPL), version 2.3.0 : No results found.
Add new contributions to the top of this list, and copy the formatting carefully so the polls work properly. Each new entry gets an ID number one higher than the previous one.
Please check older entries to avoid duplication - especially if you see something that's been going on for hours - there's a good chance that someone else has seen it and added it already.
Do not remove items from the list unless you believe they are legally slanderous or otherwise likely to be "detrimental to RationalWiki". Comment out (<!-- WIGO-->) an item if you think it's really an issue. If you think an item is not worthwhile, just vote it down - "one man's boredom is another man's lulz".
What is going on?
NOTE NEW VOTING MECHANISM
- Please post new entries like this:
<vote poll=wigoX>Wigo text goes here</vote>
Where X is the next number in the sequence.
End of note
|-2||Ed Poor is up for Sysop at Wikipedia|
|37||So Conservative has been caught changing quoted material. Will he burn the evidence?|
- Liberal Obsession? Aren't you a bit obsessive yourself?
- Ed adds a MUCH needed new category
- A young mass murderer who wasn't motivated by atheism/evolution/black clothing? We can't have that!
- Don't worry, Jessica, my will is going to be enforced despite consensus as long as I have power here.
- Dlerner is blocked because of these personal comments, further proving his point. Ed is on top of the ball again.
- After having the gall to question Ed's block of Wisdom89, to suggest that Rugby Union and Rugby League might be two different sports, and to suggest that Ed's blocks might be turning Conservapedia totally mad... Ed Poor concludes that DamianJohn "opposes the purpose of the project" — but maybe he'll change his mind next month.
- Man-child Andy displays new levels of maturity.
- It's official folks, after 113 years of enmity, rugby league and rugby union are the same sport. Thanks Ed for clearing this up
- This little bit of censorship is weird, even by Ed's standards - and especially when you consider the personal remarks that triggered this.
- Andy gives JJacob night edit rights after only 10 days and fewer than 100 edits. Meanwhile, somewhere out there, HelpJazz remains patient...
- Having already set "Human" up with a Danish writing plan, our friend Bohdan tries to get AmesG unblocked! Why not just do it yourself, SHahB? You kan haz powerz! (PS, AmesG has a history of diving right into controversy and getting instantly reblocked!)
- Stand well back, folks, Andy's using science! He thinks he's found serious flaws in Lenski's paper! Oh noes, irony meter redlines! He now has another reference he can use in his battle for the truth. And the flaws keep coming, up to 6 now and there's no sign of them stopping. Schlafly says he's publishing the flaws on Conservapedia and not PNAS out of "professionalism".
- Rising star Jinxmchue wows the audience by arguing with himself.
- Hey, Karajou, would it kill you to at least attribute the correct public domain source for your (legal, but still silly) copy-pasting? Thanks.
- Conservative deletes
an article he createda copy-pasted SCCCS press release and recreates it with an odd remark. Why all the fuss? Maybe it's because the memory-holed reference in the old version contains some material Ken might feel uncomfortable with - such as Martin's account of the events or the fact that "Marty Field, the debate organizer and a Christian, was mortified by SCCCS' action and expressed amazement that Christians could act in such a unChristian way."
- The truth about Robert Burns, that will set you free, gets the Liberal gloss treatment. How long will it last?
- Human makes his first edits in over a year.
- Karajou deletes TomMoore's user page with the message: "the simple fact remains that he's a liar; he chose to be something less than a man, and it shows on this site." That's right, and you heard it here first: Karajou doesn't consider Cambodians to be fully human.
- QUESTION: "Karajou, you know you just blocked 65,000 IP's from ever editing Conservapedia right?" RESPONSE: "Yes, but I know they were all vandals" QUESTION: Don't you think that's a little extreme? RESPONSE: NO, I have my reasons. QUESTION/STATEMENT: You blocked almost 500,000 IPS from ever editing CP. Are you sure you know what you're doing? THREAT: I blocks whos I wants bitch... Now shut up or I'll block you too. UPDATE: KevinM gives Karajou a quick lesson on the nature of IP addresses. Karajou basically says, 'You're clueless.' KevinM - 'block me then, if you want, but you're an ass'. End: Kara fails at analogies, but gives only a week.
- BREAKING: Deborah openly opposes Ed Poor! Links: Ed's talk page (section "Hun Sen and others" and the following one), the discussion that apparently made her snap and the block logs for Fantasia and Martin
- Ed is unaware of something? Then it is vandalism/parody. Update: "Hey, that guy wasn't a parodist..." - "Better safe than sorry."
- This is what happens when you just ignore this. Update: Ed: "Hey, Deborah, can you read the articles I'm deleting right now?"
- Roger's "War on History" continues. Now, even Karajou has liberal bias! UPDATE: Not content to make a fool of himself in the history logs, Roger puts that (almost) award winning talent to debate on the talk page UPDATE: Fishal summarizes the 'debate' quite nicely.
- How does Bohdan (or, for that matter, Po' Ed) keep a straight face?
- Apparently, the Cherokees' removal to Oklahoma was pretty much their own fault. The debate: Soon to be a classic! UPDATE: Even a stopped clock is right twice a day—Karajou agrees with Fishal!
- So telling someone that "sentences" isn't spelled "sentances" is insulting and ban-worthy. At least he didn't spell it "Rutm."
- PJR pwns Andy once again (with a little help from Ed).
- Hello Andy, is this User name acceptable?
Why, it's fine soon to be blocked user!
- Great IDEA Ken, become more authoritarian. Alternatively, this would add a new layer of challenging excitement to Conservapedia: The Video Game. UPDATE: Oh, the irony! UPDATE: You pointed out a spelling error so take a block. Godspeed!
- The radioactivity debacle continues as Ed "I took two years of physics ( in high school half a century ago)" Poor states he had no idea radiation and radioactivity were not synonyms.
- 'Rutm' is insulting? Andy says so, at least. UPDATE: "Rutm" is really insulting... so much that Andy resorts to burning the evidence (Time between last warning/chance and ban: ZERO)
- Ed just keeps going, even if it means trampling on the whole "respect user talk pages" gig: UltimateHero (who was already blocked by JM) removed Andy's comment from his own talk page, but Ed just has to be a dick.
- After dishing out long blocks and much talk about CP's Reading Level rules, Ed shows us how it's done: Simply copy-paste some snippet from some webpage, put it into a box, provide no wikilinks, no wiki formatting and no categories. Aside from that, the biggest irony may be that this snippet is more complicated than the opening paragraph of wp:Trajectory.
- Ed's concerned about his reproductive organs.
- As per usual, what he doesn't understand, he removes (read the edit remark). He also apparently doesn't understand planetary orbits or that people contribute to things. Update: When confronted by another editor? His response. UPDATE: The editor replies - and gets a one-month block Related: Three editors understood the material, but that doesn't mean there was a consensus - one month for this revert He's on fire: Wandering chimes in (see edit comment) and gets one week for personal remarks and some personal remarks of his own.
- Instead of ignoring a clueless liberal pig, Andy now simply resorted to deleting the "rant" from his talk page.
- "Dear Kevin, thanks for fixing eleventy billion double-redirects after Ed left a mess - you're a hard worker, so please accept this block for vague and silly reasons as a gift. Love, Andy."
- Ed's finally lost it.
- Gee, where could we find a reference for that? Maybe we could ask one of
his acolytesthe people who work for him at his wiki.
- We can't even make this stuff up, folks. It's too good. Ken informs Andy he found a site with user stats. And the site informs us that the visitors bear an enormous resemblance to visitors to Landover Baptist, a parody of the religious right, and the Discovery Institute. And awww.... look at the traffic details. Good find, Ken.
- Yes this is so incredibly OBVIOUS. They just kept it in for two weeks. For err....posterity.
- What is Andrew Schlafly's real strategy in the Lenski Affair?
- Exciting, vague news everyone!
- Chapter 9437 of the Lenski discussion: "Your questions are very interesting, but since I have no idea what you're talking about, I will ignore you until you agree with me. Godspeed!"
- Hollywood Values: A 46 year old gets drunk. It's really bad because she played a kid in a family friendly sitcom 30 YEARS AGO
- Jpatt, who was recently caught copy-pasting like crazy and then bitched at the Help Desk... now has Edit, Block & Upload rights - meritocracy in action!
- Ultimatehero's last stand in the battle to have Mormonism recognised as yet another nutjob religion is deep-sixed by The Mexican.
- The epitome of one trick ponies, Bert Schlossberg, gets Edit, Block, & Upload rights.
- Well, this is certainly going to be interesting.
- It's the KAL007 page, guest starring Jesse Helms!
- Ken DeMeyer is begging for attention again. So, in honor of his latest spamming attempt (though it's likely all because of Lenski), let's look at him yapping about how we "hide you head in the sand and ignore reality" while deletes his talk page for the eighth time in order to whitewash any comment he can't handle.
- Why don't you just make it a new rule and call it a day, Andy? "You may not post anything that makes Crocoite unhappy, not even on your user page - or else!"
- Let's discuss how atheism affects economies...On second thought, let's not.
- Having learned a lesson from Conservative, Bert suggests making his pet article CP's Article of the Month
- The US is certainly not in decline. Maybe someone ought to alert the other sysops.
- Guess which user doesn't have the slightest goddamn idea about web design.
- Greatest country on earth!!!! Sorry but ...
- Ed hits new levels in Wiki-stalking and abuse of power. After blocking a user, Ed personally reverts his last three edits to other people's user pages
- Compassionate conservatism strikes again.
- Happy Huge Fuckin' Spinny Thing Day From Conservapedia ChrisS (who made it) thinks it looks like crap!
- What's old is new. This old post by Andy gives new insight into his reading habits. Anything more verbose than the back of a cereal box is "too long to read." Maybe that's why he want to redact some of the bible.
- After Karajou blocked Mathoreilly for inserting math into articles, how long do you suppose this guy will last? Update: ...And he's down for the count.
- "History" teacher Assfly points out that "before the Civil War there were many blacks who were not slaves and, of course, blacks have always met the constitutional qualifications to be president." It's amazing the lengths some go to defend a falsehood.. Indeed Andy, indeed. For once we agree with you. 
- Following the footprints of Mind/body, another copy-paste orgy becomes CP's Featured Article - even though two sysops explicitly voted against it because of the copying. (For those who mastered Side-by-side Fu, start here, work your way through the other sidebar links and then continue here) Update: Geo does a Face Heel Turn and suddenly endorses the decision!
- The heck with feeding the poor, building homes, curing disease or any of that other Liberal Fluff - this Conservapedia Challenge is the top priority for the betterment of society!
- Oh yeah, it was last September the New York Times changed their slogan from "All the news that's fit to print" to "We love Terrorists".
- The Global Warming article is boundlessly improved through the systematic extermination of logic. And, inexplicably, adjectives. Or, to be more precise, adverbs.
- Wow. Not only does CP not pursue neutrality, it won't let you either. In fact, it'll expunge any mention of neutrality. Neutral apologists, contacted for commentary, said only "Hello."
- Andy claims to have published papers in peer-reviewed journals. Let's see if we can find 'em!
- Hey, Andy, I have an idea! Let's you and him fight so's you can get PWNED again. Update: Not even Andy is that stupid.
- User blocked for violation of the proposed 90/10 rule against talk, talk, talk. Hint: the last "talk" ain't.
- Ah, the hallmarks of the best CP articles... written by a liberal and disliked and misunderstood by Reigning Idiot Champion Edmund Poor.
- Is this a subtle dig at Andy and his unwillingness to release his data for this, this and his other fake claims?
- Uncle Ed: I don't understand your contributions, so they are possibly misleading. Update: CP claims that it doesn't drive away experts, but then we get crap like "Email me proof of [your Ph.D. in mathematics], before you post anywhere but your own user talk page." - and Andy dishes out a block because of this. Update: "I don't get it" is deletion criteria. Update: Ed the maths expert deletes one of the most important pages because he does not understand it.
- Not lulzy, but this one is a real winner of a human being.
- An editor asks why sysop Joaquin Martinez used a Holocaust denial site as a reference for a Jewish author. Andy thinks that's an unfair rant against Joaquin, and is not perturbed by his sysop's behavior. Swell. Oh, and Joaquin's talk page remains protected. Sort of defeats the purpose of a talk page, eh?
- Apparantly, Wikipedia omits any mention of Isaac Newton's religious fervor, according to Aschlafly. Obviously this entire section of the main Newton article and this entire article dedicated to Newton's religious views don't exist, then. UPDATE:Jimmy has the audacity to suggest that Aschlafly's comments may not be entirely accurate. Good ol' Uncle Ed decides that Jimmy's just wrong. And that this earns a block.
- One word. Genius. Too bad he ruined it. EDIT: No. No one can ruin that. Especially not with him earning it all over again today. Um, did anyone think that his name might be Edmund, or even Ted? Sorry we didn't catch that while editing the AWARD! It's still you Ed Poor! Just because we don't know your "real name" (Edwarped?), we still know who you are and you earned the award! UPDATE: After the second intrusion it took an alarming 7 whole minutes to remove it again.
- Ed finally considers something the rest of us have known for years.
- Ed banhammers User:TrueValues as a parodist for removing relevant sourced material from the Lenski article and calling it "liberal drivel". However, when Andy removes the same material, calling it "political forms of recognition", that's a-okay!
- Ohmugawsh. Not only is Obama a liar, a Muslim, stupid, Anti-American and unsaved, but a fascist too.
- An important new term... pulled outta my ass.
- Bugler tells Kevin not to be embittered over not getting edit rights, despite Kevin's 150+ contributions. Kevin, alas for Bugler, is not a moron. It's almost like there are consequences to sysops indulging personal whims and treating editors like dirt.
- Yes, We Know You Lack The Imagination To Make Your Own Headers But This Is Just Silly.
- Yeah, we try to avoid doing that, except when we don't. ORLY? This can take a while to load
Notes and snark
- WARNING: The voting system might be under attack by neoconvicts, koo koo klansmen and/or the International Jewish Conspiracy, so take it with a grain of salt.