Help us beat last year's record of $7100!
Awesome! We are half way to our goal!
|Goal: $7,200||Donations so far: $6687.20|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate today!
|Some dare call it|
“”North Korea, a Land of Human Achievement, Love and Joy
|—Everything you need to know about Globalresearch in a nutshell|
Globalresearch.ca (also under the domain name globalresearch.org) is the website of the Montreal-based non-profit The Centre for Research on Globalisation (CRG) founded by Michel Chossudovsky.
While many of Globalresearch's articles discuss legitimate humanitarian or environmental concerns, the site has a strong undercurrent of reality warping throughout its pages, especially in relation to taking its news from sources such as
Russia Today RT and Press TV. Its view of science, the economy and geopolitics seems to be broadly conspiracist.
Whenever someone makes a remarkable claim and cites Globalresearch, they are almost certainly wrong.
 What it thinks it is
The website describes itself as an "independent research and media organization." Globalresearch considers itself to be a reliable "alternative news" source serving as a major repository of a broad range of "news articles, in-depth reports and analysis on issues which are barely covered by the mainstream media" (such as the New World Order). Its politico-economic stance is strongly anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist, anti-militarist, "internationalist but anti-globalization."
 What it really is
Despite presenting itself as a source of scholarly analysis, Global Research mostly consists of polemics many of which accept (and use) conspiracy theories, pseudoscience and propaganda. The prevalent conspiracist strand relates to global power-elites (primarily governments and corporations) and their New World Order. Specific featured conspiracy theories include those addressing 9/11, vaccines, genetic modification, Zionism, HAARP, global warming, Bosnian genocide denialism chemtrails, and David Kelly.
Globalresearch contributors are happy to source information from anyone who seems vaguely aligned with their ideology; during the 2011 Libyan civil war the site was an apologist for Muammar al-Gaddafi, reproducing his propaganda and painting him as a paragon of a modern leader. In the 2014 Ukrainian crisis the site is taking the standard "anti-globalisation" stance against the Western side and falling into the ranks of imperial Russian propaganda instead.
Globalresearch also has published numerous articles written by contributors to New Eastern Outlook, a Moscow-based Russian Government propaganda site. It has published the same articles on the same day as Oriental Review, a Moscow-based site that is also almost certainly a Russian Government site.
 You may have heard of them elsewhere
RationalWiki's readers may be already familiar with a number of Global Research contributors (though it's unclear if these are original GR pieces, or just republished from their usual sources):
 Truly remarkable articles
- North Korea, a Land of Human Achievement, Love and Joy: North Korea Celebrates 60th Anniversary of Victoryimg
 See also
- ↑ Poe's Law! Save yourself!
- ↑ http://www.globalresearch.ca/author/russia-today
- ↑ http://www.globalresearch.ca/author/press-tv
- ↑ "The Globalization of Poverty: Deconstructing the New World Order"
- ↑ "The 9/11 Attacks, 'Keeping the Lid on the Lie': Media Response to the Growing Influence of the 9/11 Truth Movement"
- ↑ "The Vaccine Coverup: 30 Years of Secret Official Transcripts Show UK Government Cover Up Vaccine Hazards 'To Sell More Vaccines And Harm Your Kids'"
- ↑ "Ten Scientific Studies Prove that Genetically Modified Food Can Be Harmful To Human Health"
- ↑ “'Greater Israel': The Zionist Plan for the Middle East"
- ↑ "The State and Local Bases of Zionist Power in America"
- ↑ "HAARP: Secret Weapon Used For Weather Modification, Electromagnetic Warfare"
- ↑ "Global Warming: Ten Facts and Ten Myths on Climate Change"
- ↑ "Global Warming Media Propaganda"
- ↑ "Was Srebrenica a Hoax? Eye-Witness Account of a Former United Nations Military Observer in Bosnia"
- ↑ "Chemtrails: The Consequences of Toxic Metals and Chemical Aerosols on Human Health"
- ↑ "The Murder of Dr. David Kelly. 'A Symbol of the Blackness of the Tony Blair Cabal'"
- ↑ "Why the NATO powers are trying to assassinate Moammar Gaddafi"
- ↑ http://www.globalresearch.ca/author/mike-adams
- ↑ http://www.globalresearch.ca/author/james-delingpole
- ↑ http://www.globalresearch.ca/author/gary-null
- ↑ http://www.globalresearch.ca/author/zero-hedge