|Some dare call it|
Globalresearch.ca (also under the domain name globalresearch.org) may best be described as the moonbat equivalent to WorldNetDaily. It is the website of the Montreal-based non-profit The Centre for Research on Globalisation (CRG) founded by Michel Chossudovsky.
The website describes itself as an "independent research and media organization." Globalresearch.ca takes pride in being a reliable "alternative news" source serving as a major repository of a broad range of "news articles, in-depth reports and analysis on issues which are barely covered by the mainstream media" (such as the New World Order). Its politico-economic stance is strongly anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist, anti-militarist, "internationalist but anti-globalization." Its view of science, the economy and geopolitics seems to be broadly conspiracist.
While many of Globalresearch.ca's articles discuss legitimate humanitarian or environmental concerns, the site has a strong undercurrent of reality warping and bullshit throughout its pages, especially in relation to taking its news from Russia Today, along with other unreliable and/or open sources.
Despite presenting itself as a source of scholarly analysis, Globalresearch.ca mostly consists of polemics many of which accept (and use) conspiracy theories, pseudoscience and propaganda. The prevalent conspiracist strand relates to global power-elites (primarily governments and corporations) and their New World Order. Specific featured conspiracy theories include those addressing 9/11, vaccines, genetic modification, Zionism, HAARP, global warming, and David Kelly. Analyses of these issues tend follow the lines of the site's political biases.
Apparently, contributors to Globalresearch.ca consider information sourced from anyone who seems aligned to their ideology as reliable; during the 2011 Libyan civil war the site was an apologist for Muammar al-Gaddafi, reproducing his propaganda and painting him as a paragon of a modern leader. In the 2014 Ukrainian crisis the site is taking the standard "anti-globalisation" stance against the Western side and falling into the ranks of imperial Russian propaganda instead.
It's no surprise then that the site has long become a magnet for radicals, fringe figures and whacko elements from the left in general. And ironically, it has more in common with its writers' enemies and wingnut rivals than they would ever admit.
 See also
- ↑ "The Globalization of Poverty: Deconstructing the New World Order"
- ↑ "The 9/11 Attacks, 'Keeping the Lid on the Lie': Media Response to the Growing Influence of the 9/11 Truth Movement"
- ↑ "The Vaccine Coverup: 30 Years of Secret Official Transcripts Show UK Government Cover Up Vaccine Hazards 'To Sell More Vaccines And Harm Your Kids':
- ↑ "Ten Scientific Studies Prove that Genetically Modified Food Can Be Harmful To Human Health"
- ↑ “'Greater Israel': The Zionist Plan for the Middle East"
- ↑ "The State and Local Bases of Zionist Power in America"
- ↑ "HAARP: Secret Weapon Used For Weather Modification, Electromagnetic Warfare"
- ↑ "Global Warming: Ten Facts and Ten Myths on Climate Change"
- ↑ "Global Warming Media Propaganda"
- ↑ "The Murder of Dr. David Kelly. 'A Symbol of the Blackness of the Tony Blair Cabal'"
- ↑ "Why the NATO powers are trying to assassinate Moammar Gaddafi"