| It doesn't stop|
at the water's edge
Officially, the Bareunmirae Party is classified by persons unknown as centre to centre-right, but there are conservative factions who express negative in minority civil rights movement, oppose affirmative action, homophobia and Islamophobic tendencies. There is a nexus that is partly with the alt-lite.[note 2]
The parties concerned are negative about the enactment of an 'Anti-discrimination law'. (There is no anti-discrimination law in South Korea because of
Extrem freedom of speech.)[note 3]
The main supporters are men in their 20s. The party is pro-Western and pro-American, but less hostile to North Korea than the Liberty Korea Party. (But the party opposes the Sunshine Policy.) This party calls for political reform and for the eradication of corruption.
The party claims that men in their 20s are discriminated against, and so expresses a negative stance on feminism. However, the party is only sensitive to the issue of reverse discrimination among men in their 20s. The Bareunmirae party is positive about some women's-rights issues, including abortion rights. And the RFP also actively engages with women's organizations and takes a feminist view in areas that do not conflict with the interests of men in their 20s. In addition, Yoo Seong-min, one of the former main leaders of the party, has made an official statement supporting a major feminist protest. This party seems be not anti-feminism.
Even though the party is a conservative party, it supports pro-LGBT movements such as the Queer Parade and the legalization of abortion (On this issue, it is rather more progressive than the Party for Democracy and Peace.) and this party is the only party in the South Korea to support porn legalization.[note 5] This party seems to be sex-positive.
if you want to add an exaggeration... Korean Five Star Movement.
However, this is a thing of the past, and the "alt-lite" tendency disappeared as conservatives bolted from the party to form a new party in December 2019.
- In South Korean politics, it would be center to center-right, but by Western standards, it would be closer to right-wing on social issues. Politically the party is centrist and liberal.
- However, it is difficult to generalize them as they also have a stake in the liberal faction.
- The U.N. has demanded that the South Korean government enact a law against discrimination.
- The official name of the ministry in English is 'Ministry of Gender Equality and Family', but if the name is Korean, 'Ministry of Woman and Family'
- In South Korea, producing and/or distributing pornography is illegal, even though its ownership isn't.
- For South Korean conservatives, Trump adds to deep political problems". Washington Post.
- Ha Tae-kyung (the supreme member of the Bareunmirae Party) said, "The social minorities for this era is men in their 20s and 30s … Modifying Women's Affirmative Action"
- 바른미래당, 혜화역 시위 지지 논평… “용기 낸 여성들 감사”, SisaWeek.