Party for Democracy and Peace
| It doesn't stop|
at the water's edge
This party supports appeasement measures against North Korea, and supports economic justice but opposes abortion rights and homosexuality. (but does not insist on social exclusion and abhorrence of homosexuals like the right-wing Bareunmirae Party and the main opposition Liberty Korea Party).
It is now the third largest opposition party. the main supporters are the liberal elderly and the Jeolla province people.
- Christian democracy and Social conservatism (socially)
- Liberalism (politically)
- some progressivism (economically)
- Jeolla regionalism
- Minjoo Party of Korea - more leftist than the Party for Democracy and Peace.
- Bareunmirae Party - more rightist than the Party for Democracy and Peace.
- By South Korean political standards.
- During the far-right military dictatorship in the 1980s, the May 18 Democratic Movement took place in Gwangju, a downtown district of Jeolla Province. That's why it's a rural area with a strong political liberal leanings. But socially, it is also conservative in South Korea.
- Major political parties in the run-up to the local elections "opposed homosexuality and homosexual marriage". newsnjoy. (Korean)
- "Honam(=Jeolla) party" is back again... political touch ahead of next year's general elections. The Korean economy. (Korean)
- Open the platform of the Party for Democracy and Peace. "The spirit of the age of equality.". 노컷뉴스. (Korean)