Party of New Conservatives
|Oh no, they're talking about|
New Cons, or Party of New Conservatives (새로운보수당, Saerounbosudang), was a right-wing conservative party in South Korea that was founded in December 2019. The party was created by young conservatives in the Bareunmirae Party, who bolted from that party.
It was the South Korean party of the 20s man, by the 20s man, for the 20s man.
Officially, it was classified as center-right and liberal conservative.
The party was classified as center-right by South Korean standards. However, in Western Europe and the U.S., there are many aspects that are close to right-wing populism.
The following lists the political inclinations of the party's key members:
- Most of the party members are against enacting anti-discrimination laws (차별금지법). Unlike Europe and the U.S., South Korea has no anti-discrimination laws.
- The party claims that men in their 20s are discriminated against, so are opposed to feminism.
- They are opposed to Affirmative Action.
- Among the main supporters of this party are the members of alt-lite leaning galleries[note 1] of DCinside.
- Kim Soo-min (김수민), one of the party's major female politicians, called Asperger's syndrome "unusual and paranoid stubbornness," and declared it a disease without a cure. For your information, this was the official comment of the Bareunmirae Party in December 2018. She accused the LKP and Minjoo of being stubborn like Asperger's syndrome.
- They believe that the homosexuality discrimination law violates Christians' "freedom of faith".[note 2]
- Another female politician from the party, Lee Hye-hoon (이혜훈), is notorious for her Christian right tendencies. She once made remarks that equate Islam with homosexuality.
- Opposition to Pride Parades.
Uh… Why was it classified as a "center-right"??
- Men in their 20s in South Korea are the party's main supporters. In South Korea, the term 'far-right' refers mainly to anti-communist and traditionalist older people, unlike in the Western world.
- Men in their 20s, the main supporters of the New Cons, dislike the mainstream South Korean right-wing and embrace the values of Western right-wingers. In other words, the party is far from the traditional South Korean far-right.
- As it happens, the generation in Korea most friendly to LGBT human rights consists of those in their 20s.
- Unlike the LKP, the New Cons have few traditionalist tendencies and are not very strong in their anti-communist tendencies. Rather, they like Western culture.
- They never support Asian values.
- Unlike the U.S. and Europe, it is hard to see Muslims in South Korea. Very few Muslims live in South Korea. In other words, "anti-Islam" is not a political issue in South Korea in the first place.
- They are officially advocating "centrist conservatism" (중도 보수).
- Even though a large portion of the party leans towards alt-lite ideals, some of its main leaders, especially Yoo Seong-min, have expressed positive opinions about Feminism and LGBT rights.
- Boris Johnson
- Jordan Peterson, Ben Shapiro — some party members were influenced by these men.
- Western world adoration[note 3]
- DCinside term for its sub-boards (similar to Reddit's subreddit system)
- For your information, there is no law banning discrimination against LGBT in South Korea yet.
- The mainstream political forces in the New Cons praise Western world politics, society and culture. Some party members think South Korea is the most westernized in East Asia, and negative for Confucianism and oriental medicine.
- The New Cons does not support masculism.
In fact, the concept of "masculism" in Korea is not a popularly known concept except for some men in their 20s.This party officially supports gender equality.
- Ha Tae-kyung (the head of the Bareunmirae Party) said, "The social minorities for this era is men in their 20s and 30s … Modifying Women's Affirmative Action"
- 이것도 저것도 싫다며 내 것만 고집하는 거대정당들
- 이혜훈 "하나님 나라 한 순간에 무너뜨릴 차별금지법 막아야… 동성애·이슬람 적극 대처할 것"
- Lee Hye-hoon said "Homosexual people mostly have physical relationships, not plastic love." 뉴스앤조이.