|Inventing "The Other"|
|Fear And Loathing|
|The real regressives|
“”Her books thus possess a scholarly veneer, which has led many on the forums of the internet where those who obsess about the perceived threat of Islam gather to quote her words as though they were of unimpeachable authority. … And this is despite the stream of howlers and ludicrous overstatements that litter her prose.
Bat Ye'or is the pseudonym of Gisèle Littman (née Orebi) (1933–), an Egyptian-born British citizen and Swiss resident. She is a major figure and "ideological leader" of the Islamophobic counter-jihad movement and author of several virulently anti-Muslim books.
She is most notorious for coining the conspiracy theory called "Eurabia," which notably served as the main ideological inspiration for the Islamophobic mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik. The conspiracist sense of the word Eurabia was first adopted by Ye'or in 2002, but the term had been used in a non-conspiracist sense by others as early as 1975 in the journal Eurabia, which was published by the European Coordinating Committee of Friendship Societies with the Arab World.:177 The conspiracist sense of the term Eurabia was popularized by journalist Oriana Fallaci in her 2004 book The Force of Reason, wrote about Ye'or.:177:142-144
Ye'or's sympathizers (Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Bruce Bawer, Niall Ferguson, Ishad Manji, Melanie Phillips, Robert Spencer and Mark Steyn) have referred to her as a historian,:170 but among professional historians, her writings are not well-regarded.:173 Ye'or's academic standing is complicated by her having published books with a legitimate academic publisher, Fairleigh Dickinson University Press, and by counter-jihadists to sometimes claim that she has academic credentials,:176 though she has none.:172
- History rewritten: Bat Ye’or’s new book suggests the existence of a powerfulEuropean-Arab axis of hatred aimed at Israel. Her claims, writes Sholto Byrnes, are as ludicrous as they are overstated. by Sholto Byrnes (Oct 27, 2011) The National.
- Bat Ye’or: Theorist of the ‘counterjihad’ movement by Bob Pitt (September 3, 2013) Islamophobia Watch
- International ‘Counter-Jihadist’ map: Switzerland Hope Not Hate (archived from July 5, 2014).
- "Bat Ye'or and Eurabia" by Sindre Bangstad (2019) In: Key Thinkers of the Radical Right: Behind the New Threat to Liberal Democracy, edited by Mark Sedgwick. Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780190877590. Pages 170-183.
- The Force of Reason by Oriana Fallaci (2004) Rizzoli. ISBN 0847827534.
- The Decline of Eastern Christianity under Islam: From Jihad to Dhimmitude by Bat Ye'or (1996) Fairleigh Dickinson University Press. ISBN 0838636888.
- Islam and Dhimmitude: Where Civilizations Collide by Bat Ye'or (2003) Fairleigh Dickinson University Press. ISBN 0838639437.
- The Dhimmi: Jews and Christians under Islam by Bat Ye'or (2008) Fairleigh Dickinson University Press. ISBN 161147079X.
- Eurabia: The Euro-Arab Axis by Bat Ye'or (2005) Fairleigh Dickinson University Press. ISBN 1611473144.
- Europe, Globalization, and the Coming of the Universal Caliphate by Bat Ye'or (2011) Fairleigh Dickinson University Press. ISBN 1611474922.
- 'The Protocols of the Elders of Brussels' by Adi Schwartz (Jun. 20, 2006) Haaretz.