There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2021.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
Cancer Cure Foundation
| Against allopathy|
Founded in 1976 by G. Edward Griffin, the Cancer Cure Foundation is a 501(c)3 charity and website that 'provides an unbiased analysis of the major alternative-cancer clinics, treatments and therapies.' In practice, this means it's a clearinghouse for just about every quack cancer cure under the sun.
A small selection of "therapies":
- Antineoplastons: Created by Stanislaw Burzkynski and derived from human urine. They don't work.
- Essiac: A tea made from four different herbs. It doesn't work.
- Gerson Therapy: Invented by Max Gerson, and consisting of a modified diet, coffee enemas, and lots of vitamin supplements. It doesn't work.
- Hydrazine sulfate: Developed as a treatment by Joseph Gold. It doesn't work.
- Iscador: an extract of European mistletoe. It doesn't work.
- Rife Machines: Created by Royal Rife, the device supposedly uses electricity to kill pathogens. It doesn't work.
- Shark cartilage: Exactly what it sounds like. It doesn't work.
Sensing a pattern yet?
Board members of note
- G. Edward Griffin: Author of World Without Cancer and all around crank
- Thomas A. Dorman: a proponent of prolotherapy
What would a website promoting alternative medicine be without its own page of anecdata?
Lorraine Day, M.D: The subject of her very own Quackwatch page.
The Cancer Cure Foundation sells or links to a wide variety of media, many having to do with laetrile, G. Edward Griffin's personal hobbyhorse.
- Alternative Cancer Therapies
- World Without Cancer: The Story of Vitamin B17 by G. Edward Griffin (2010) American Media, 2nd ed. ISBN 0912986506.