| Drink the Kool-Aid|
|But you WANT to stay!|
Darwin Fish is a very ironically-named fundamentalist pastor of a group called "A True Church", located in a remote part of northeastern Oklahoma. The
cult "church" thinks that there is a very short list of people who will be admitted to heaven (Matthew 7:13-14). If you decline to follow Pastor Fish on every SINGLE POINT of Doctrine Darwin will Declare you "Hell Bound". As with many extremist religious leaders, his teachings give people good reasons to chuck the whole thing.
Fish provides a lengthy laundry-list of Christian luminaries, such as Pope John Paul II, Billy Graham, Rick Warren, and Ray Comfort, and then states that the lot of them are false teachers on the "broad way to hell". In a page specifically
attackingdiscussing Billy Graham, Pastor Fish offers the argument that because Billy Graham is famous and popular, he is a false teacher.
- The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is his name. It is thus valid to conclude that God is a man.
- Jesus has two wives, the Church and Jerusalem; therefore, Christianity supports polygamy.
- God is a smoker. You could see the smoke from his pipe when Mount Sinai erupted.
- "Right smack in the middle of God and God is God, who is declared to be 'the seven Spirits who are before his throne.'"
- The city of Jerusalem is also God. Does that mean God is currently under construction?
- And, finally, to shatter the irony meter: all of established Christianity is one big cult.
In addition, his church believes that God caused 9/11 and controls all things, and that God hates workers of iniquity. Some of his beliefs are somewhat similar to Westboro Baptist Church founder Fred Phelps, but of course, since only he is supposed to know the truth, we can't have that can we? So he speaks out against Phelps as well. Fish and A True Church confronted Westboro in 2004 at a Billy Graham crusade, only to have it turn into
a shouting match an exchange of ideas.
Darwin was confronted by an atheist in this video while protesting at a local festival in Tahlequah, Oklahoma.
- "You Think You're Saved, But You're Not!" - "[...] if you are involved with the kind of 'Christianity' that views Protestantism, or Catholicism, or the Orthodox church, or the 'church of Christ,' or Billy Graham, or Rick Warren, or Joel Osteen, or James Dobson, or Pat Robertson, or John MacArthur, or Paul Washer, or Norman Geisler, or Tony Evans, or Greg Laurie, or Charles Stanley, or Chuck Smith, or Fred Price, or J. Vernon McGee, or Charles Blake, or Chuck Swindoll, or Gene Scott, or Harold Camping (Family Radio), or John Piper, or T. D. Jakes, or David Jeremiah, or Charles Spurgeon, or Dave Hunt, or Marvin J. Rosenthal, or David W. Cloud, or Perry F Rockwood, or Neil Anderson, or Robert Schuller, or Jack Hayford, or Benny Hinn, or Miles McPherson, or Ray Comfort, or Jim Cobrae, or Ron Luce, or Chuck Colson, or C. S. Lewis, or Hank Hanegraaff, or Paul Chappell, or Steven Anderson, or any of the like (or any of the likes on 'Christian' TV or radio) as godly, you are not saved. Why? Because, you are on the broad way (Matthew 7:13; 2 Peter 2:2; 2 Timothy 4:3)."
- "Billy Graham, a Blind Leader and False Teacher"- "If Graham was a man of God, the world would not love him so."
- Exodus 15:3.