So this is to discuss the implementation of ru.rationalwiki.org. This has been approved by the RWF board, and will be a separate mediawiki instance. The idea though is to integrate the two sites as closely as possible. At the moment the following is planned to be shared between the sites:
- File uploads
- User accounts
Some things that could possibly be shared but might be difficult to implement
- User rights
- Log in authentication (I.E. log into one wiki your logged into another)
I think we should disable account creation on ru.rw, and require people who are interested in participating at ru.rw to sign up for an account on rw.org proper first.
- I am very glad that RWF supports creation ru.rw. When ru.rw will be created, of course, all the Russian content will be moved to ru.rw. Thank you for help and for this info.--Bertran (talk) 22:37, 7 April 2011 (UTC)
It is up at http://ru.rationalwiki.org/wiki/Main_Page, so far I have got shared user table and user rights, some shared file systems, and some settings. Working on upload and file sharing. Extensions...well I don't know what extensions ru.rw even wants. Tmtoulouse (talk) 01:04, 8 April 2011 (UTC)
- Can you add ru to the interwiki link table? - π 01:19, 8 April 2011 (UTC)
Everything is setup now except for extensions and the language is still set to English. That is easily changeable and while we are still getting it up and running I would like to keep it en as its easier for me to use! The site should copy some of the look and "feel" of RationalWiki though, at the very least the main page should be setup to look similar...Tmtoulouse (talk) 04:20, 8 April 2011 (UTC)
- I'll do that it is possible to do. But, for example, there is no sense to wright about Conservapedia because, as it seems, it is not available for Russian-speaking region (at least, I haven't access in it).--Bertran (talk) 07:39, 8 April 2011 (UTC)
- I can not understand how can I copy the design of en-RW main page. So, I'll take as an model EvoWiki's main page (see also ). And I'll change colors into those like at en-RW.--Bertran (talk) 09:25, 8 April 2011 (UTC)
To Tmtoulouse. There are some wishes, that I can't do by myself (or, at least, I don't know how to do this):
- It is impossible to use footnotes. See РациоВики.
- Very convenient to use [[:категория:<name of a Russian article>]] instead of [[:category:<name of a Russian article>]]. Also — templates, etc.
Wishes with less priority:
- Edit window at ru.rw is very poor. It would be much conveniently if it looks like at en-rw.
- It needs to set an ru.rw-icon (32x32 pixels) as the web-addres icon.--Bertran (talk) 11:45, 8 April 2011 (UTC)
- And, of course, math-adapter is also desirable (i.e. there is a math-formula at РациоВики).--Bertran (talk) 16:22, 8 April 2011 (UTC)
References are working, not sure what you mean by point 2, also templates and all that will need to be ported over. I would recommend trying to recruit some of the RW template experts to help out getting things setup. Most of the edit window stuff needs to be edited in the mediawiki namespace I will take a look. Tmtoulouse (talk) 15:57, 8 April 2011 (UTC)
- Thank you for footnotes and for edit-window. In point 2 i am not talking about templates of en-rw. I understand that I must to create then from beginning. But I meant the language of the special names that would be better if they would be in Russian. I.e., [[категория:]] instead of [[category:]], [[шаблон:]] instead of [[template:]] etc. Maybe, this will be changed after changing the language. If so, than --Bertran (talk) 16:18, 8 April 2011 (UTC)
- It should change with the language change. Lets go ahead and do that and see what happens. Tmtoulouse (talk) 16:19, 8 April 2011 (UTC)
- My Russian isn't that good. ТyTalk. 12:24, 8 April 2011 (UTC)
By the way, now RW we can see at rate-list, written by wp:Yandex. Unfortunately, all descriptions are given in Russian, but it can be easily translated by Google.--Bertran (talk) 21:03, 8 April 2011 (UTC)
Bugs (to Tmtoulouse)
- There are problems at http://ru.rationalwiki.org/ in watchlist, deleting articles, removing articles etc.--Bertran (talk) 00:05, 9 April 2011 (UTC)
The plan of my activity
I have planned my moving the Russian articles by following:
- Copying Russian EvoWiki's artciles (total more than 50 articles).
- Constructing an artificial (it means, without constructing framework templates etc.; this template will be independent of all other templates) template ru:Шаблон:TalkOriginsCC (there are some problems with templates).
- Copying Russian TalkOrigins' artciles (total nearly the 150 articles) with template ru:Шаблон:TalkOriginsCC.
- Deleting all Russian articles from the main space of RW.
- Finishing setting up the templates.
- Constructing a normal template ru:Шаблон:TalkOriginsCC.
Moderators are absent on Russian RationalWiki for more than a week
During the last week I two times tried to approach Russian RationalWiki moderators but got no response. It is a pity because since recently some very insistent Russian science freak repeatedly tries to add/rewrite several articles there to promote his personal (i.e. not even shared by some noticeable group of freaks) pseudoscientific views on mind uploading. In his view the only true definition for this idea is something like "encode information scanned from person's brain in DNA, insert that DNA into zygota, and then grow a human from that zygota who will have from his day of birth the same consciousness as the original person". He simply replaces more conventional definition with this one without providing any sources proving that such a definition is at least known to somebody except him; instead of answering to critical comments he simply overwrites or ignores them, and wages edit war to block any attempts to remove his ideas from articles. Also he promotes conspirological views on transhumanism, insisting that it is forced upon people by USA like tolerance to homosexuality.
This is an example of his writings for those who understand Russian: http://ru.rationalwiki.org/w/index.php?title=%D0%91%D0%B5%D1%81%D1%81%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%80%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%B5&oldid=12684
The same anonymous freak during the last two years tries to do the same to article about mind uploading on Russian Wiki, but there moderators are not absent, and they have to forbid editing by anonymous users for that article regularly to block him.
Perhaps Russian RationalWiki moderators will pay attention eventually; may be it is possible to give me at least right to block article from editing on Russian RationalWiki until then? PieOfInsanity (talk) 13:46, 23 May 2016 (UTC)
- It doesn't seem like there are any active Russian users, or any with user rights. You should give David Gerard a head's up -- he can give you rights from the server. On the English RW, almost everyone is made a sysop; you'd probably qualify. Cømяade FυzzчCαтPøтαтø (talk/stalk) 16:19, 23 May 2016 (UTC)
- At work right now, this evening at home I'll look at what magickal bits to twiddle to set you as a mod - David Gerard (talk) 16:37, 23 May 2016 (UTC)
ru.rationalwiki.org takes too long time to open
- I restarted Apache and it should be working now - David Gerard (talk) 23:30, 17 October 2016 (UTC)