| It's fun to pretend|
|Fails from the crypt|
A Ghost box (also known as a Frank's box) is a device used to supposedly communicate with the dead. In reality, it's just an intentionally-damaged radio.
How it's made
Ghost busters get a radio with a frequency scanning function, disable the bit that stops it scanning when it finds a station — and presto, instant ghost box. The radio then permanently jumps though available frequencies, playing each one for a fraction of a second. The various sounds from snatches of transmission, static, white noise and interference are then interpreted (using some of the most extreme pareidolia and a big dose of imagination) as words and communication from spirits on the other side.
Why they think it works
The inevitable app
“”This is NOT a toy app! It is intended to be used for serious paranormal research. That is why we have decided NOT to publish this app in the Play Store for the masses. If you are here, you are probably more serious about the paranormal than most...
Instead of buying an intentionally malfunctioning radio in order to pretend you're communicating with spirits, you can buy a smartphone app that creates the same effect. This small miracle of pseudoscience is marketeered by the aptly-named "Jason Profit". 
- The many voices of Frank's Box Skeptoid
- Frank's Ghost Box Ghost Tech
- Island Paranormal Investigators
- Looking to buy a Franks box or “Ghost Box”? Latest model Ghost Box radio to hit the market is the BEST yet! Greenvilleghost.com
- CrossTalkEVP 2.0 for Android Crosstalkevp.com
- The Ghost Box
- The Ghost of Douglas Adams Woo attempts to channel the other side to establish contact with Douglas Adams.
- Suicide Victim's Final Words /ghost box session.wmv This poor man genuinly believes he's speaking to his dead brother in law