There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2021.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
| The dismal science|
The Panama Papers were a collection of 11.5 million documents leaked in 2015 that some anonymous person stole from the exclusive Panamanian law firm Mossack Fonseca. The Paradise Papers was a further trove of 13.4 million electronic documents on offshore funds that were leaked by two German reporters in 2017, one of whom was later killed by a car bomb. The documents were leaked to the media and revealed that a large number of respectable citizens of various countries were actually being very naughty and hiding money offshore. The papers identified money belonging to close friends and family members of the leaders of 40 countries, including £10 million of the Queen Elizabeth II's private money. This was widely reported and very embarrassing to everyone concerned. The now-defunct Mossack Fonseca maintained that they did nothing wrong, and any illegality definitely had nothing to do with the funds and companies they are directly managing.
Some people named in the Panama Papers
The "power players":
- Ian Cameron, father of the former British Prime Minister David Cameron
- Children of the former Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif
- Malcolm Turnbull — former Prime Minister of Australia
Some people named in the Paradise Papers
- Stephen Bronfman, the chief fundraiser for Canadian Prime MinisterJustin Trudeau
- Queen Elizabeth II
- A dozen men connected to Donald Trump:
- Sheldon Adelson, a major campaign donor
- Thomas J. Barack, Jr., a major campaign donor
- Gary Cohn, chief economic adviser
- Carl Icahn, a former Trump adviser
- The Koch brothers, launched a major campaign in support of Trumps' tax plan
- Robert Mercer, a major campaign donor
- Geoffrey Palmer, a major campaign donor
- Randal Quarles, vice chairman for supervision at the Federal Reserve
- Wilbur Ross, current Secretary of Commerce
- Stephen Schwarzman, chairman of the White House business advisory council
- Paul E. Singer, a major campaign donor
- Rex Tillerson, former Secretary of State
- The Panama Papers — International Consortium of Investigative Journalists
- Paradise Papers — International Consortium of Investigative Journalists
- How a German Newspaper Became the Go-To Place for Leaks Like the Paradise Papers by Elisabeth Zerofsky (November 11, 2017) The New Yorker.
- The Power Players International Consortium of Investigative Journalists
- Offshore Trove Exposes Trump-Russia links and Piggy Banks of the Wealthiest 1 Percent International Consortium of Investigative Journalists
- The Influencers International Consortium of Investigative Journalists