- Before anyone starts complaining - I'm going to add some scales for the maps later. ГенгисIs the Pope a Catholic? 04:09, 9 September 2008 (EDT)
- <snrkf>did you know that "bok" is the Turkish word for shit?</snrkf> Sprocket J Cogswell (talk) 02:26, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
Firstly, according to WP, "Portion control is understanding how much a serving size is and how many calories a serving contains." As this sounds fairly reasonable, I don't see what's particularly woo-ish about it.
Secondly, the conclusions of that JSSR article seem a little more complex than is being presented here, such as the interplay between social status, religion and obesity in the South (p. 278). --AKjeldsenCum dissensie 05:45, 9 September 2008 (EDT)
- Of course portion control isn't woo, you are imposing liberal literalism, it's snark about Andy's claim for it as a Conservative value, in opposition I suppose to liberal helpings. Do you have Athens access AK? The abstract doesn't mention anything about conclusions or social status, although I did see some references to high and low status it in newspaper coverage. ГенгисIs the Pope a Catholic? 05:58, 9 September 2008 (EDT)
do the occupant of the second UK Liberal party taxi, and assorted royals nicknamed the fat fit into this?
Not good enough?
Why revert my addition of "Waist-to-hip ratio"? It's based on a reputable source...
- Don't worry it was just Human. I put it back with a few changes as Human doesn't like links to WP. ГенгисYou have the right to be offended; and I have the right to offend you. 15:32, 28 September 2010 (UTC)
- I'll have to remember that!
Those creases at the wrists and other joints of obese individuals? Is that what is meant by "pones"? Quick poking around inner tubes reveals nowt. Sprocket J Cogswell (talk) 02:33, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
Atheism and obesity
I think something should be mentioned about Conservapedia's obsession with an imaginary corrolation between atheism and obesity, completely ignoring the fact that Dawkins is practically malnourished (and I'm nine-stone and that's mostly owing to my ... height). Amusingly, this is the very reason I got blocked on Conservapedia. I claimed that the portly agnostic Stephen Fry, is neither obese nor an atheist. Next thing you know "Let Them Eat Cake banned for infinity: Trolling, Liberal Trolling, Liverpool UK, troll" --Let Them Eat Cake (talk) 15:11, 15 April 2011 (UTC)