Talk:Project Blue Beam
Behold A Pale Horse
I think the idea of faking an alien invasion came from the end of Watchmen, released in 1985-1987, in which a certain character uses the media to subliminally implant the idea of an alien invasion into the pop culture psyche, and then faked an alien invasion with brain washing psychic waves assisting with the main invasion. Plus the character himself who does all this uses culture from the Greeks, Romans, & Egyptians similar to how the illuminati supposedly work. Like the conspiracy, this was done to create some form of world peace and central unity, but in Watchmen there was no "One World Government". And the plot (was about to) be revealed by a lone "conspiracy theorist" who others thought to be crazy (just like how conspiracy theorists view themselves.)And Watchmen (I think) got the idea from an episode of The Outer Limits, in which a terrorist group creates a monster (just like in watchmen), to fake an alien invasion. Do you think we can reference this in the article.--Jakester499 (talk) 20:48, 2 January 2016 (UTC)
- Could you start by providing some sources for us to peruse? It's best if you provide a sample text on this talkpage to display how you would tie this all together, since you're the one who things it could be done (which I don't disqualify, it's just that it's a good pitching strategy for you to give a proof-of-concept). It's not at all uncommon for the solipisistic UFO cranks to be unaware that they're basically changing their own mythos based on what the entertainment industry designs, so there's no intrisic reason that this would be wrong. Still; there's nothing to be done with the article as it stands until you provide sources and an elaboration on this idea. I'll check it out if you do bring it! Reverend Black Percy (talk) 21:26, 2 January 2016 (UTC)
Is this really cover worthy?
- I totally support it remaining a cover article - but, no doubt, it could and should be expanded. I'll look into it. Reverend Black Percy (talk) 13:31, 10 April 2016 (UTC)
- In fact it was lengthened quite a bit in the cover story process. There is no length requirement for a cover story, and no reason to have a length requirement that this article would fail - David Gerard (talk) 13:06, 11 April 2016 (UTC)
How would this unite all religions into one religion?
I highly doubt that Paganism merging with Christianity or Christianity merging with Islam or whatever else will bring a new order. I know some people will follow more than one path but I am not sure how it changes global social structure in a short time. Plus, what would NASA gain? I am sure NASA has better things to do than making images in the sky, i.e asteroid deflection. --Rationalzombie94 (talk) 02:55, 8 March 2018 (UTC)
More BS by atheist fundamentalists
Would you trust hardcore atheists who think their government is good and always protecting their interests?
- How does this comment relate to the article? Who are these 'hardcore atheists' and which is their government? Anna Livia (talk) 14:59, 20 September 2019 (UTC)
Entire swaths of this article need to be deleted. Holy shit. My eyes. This was hard to read from all the dumbass fiction contained within to the stupidfuck logic of retard-atheists with IQ too low to even register on a chart. Do people not understand that what is said in an article is TOTAL HORSESHIT without real sources unless it is common knowledge? C'mon now "rational Wiki"—do your damned job; y'know be RATIONAL. What kind of fucking lunatic wrote this article? It's one thing to cover a topic in an opinion piece with bias but it's an entirely different animal when you're trying to write some sort of "factual" piece and have virtually no sources as well as the frothing of dipshit-lunatics.— Unsigned, by: 2605:6000:57ca:cd00:1ca6:4f6:87ea:228a / talk / contribs
- What the fuck are you talking about? Scream!! (talk) 10:34, 27 March 2020 (UTC)
- The original source book for Project Blue Beam is hard to find, I know becase many years ago I spent some time looking for it. That's not to say that there is not a lot of chat and speculation on some parts of the net about it. If our anonymous poster can get hold of the original book that would be very useful.Bob"Life is short and (insert adjective)" 12:27, 27 March 2020 (UTC)