Talk:Sexual revolution caused incels hypothesis
I think the current name is now fine
- Page looks pretty good now. Chef Moosolini’s Ristorante ItalianoMake a Reservation 23:11, 25 September 2020 (UTC)
Why is this an article?
Sociologists speculate erroneously every day. Because we view some or all of the people named in the article to be crackpots or unreliable, that doesn't make the hypothesis more necessary to debunk or untrue, as it would seem this hypothesis has not been presented as a formal construct. It is just another wrong opinion, if indeed it is wrong: the way the hypothesis is stated it is unclear if it is even wrong, because it is not definite enough to be tested, or even to be referred to as an hypothesis. At best, this sort of thing should be noted in the Incel article.Ariel31459 (talk) 15:47, 26 September 2020 (UTC)
- "this hypothesis has not been presented as a formal construct"
- It has been presented formally, see quotes section. "Spiteful mutant hypothesis", which is it's own page here, also was never given that name before RW, similar to this page. And this page is has many more people
- "Sociologists speculate erroneously every day"
- this is about a specific hypothesis.
- "if indeed it is wrong"
- it is wrong.
- "This should be in the incel article"
- the incel article is too big right now and this would not fit
- This hypothesis is the basis of a whole line of thought about mating, including jordan's whole 'enforced monogamy' spiel that 5000 mainstream articles were written about, so this article is notable. Additionally quite a few mainstream articles were written about Houllebecq's and Nagle's formulation of this hypothesis.
- Also, I don't really like delitionism Neiltyson1fan (talk) 05:29, 29 September 2020 (UTC)
- Additionally it is noted as a "favorite line of the manosphere" by third party observers like Wonkette here and also by many others.
- "This is, of course, a favorite argument of the manosphere. That the evil sexual revolution led to hypergamy, which has left low status men without vaginas" --Robyn Pennacchia Neiltyson1fan (talk) 07:30, 29 September 2020 (UTC)
The article panders to the ridiculous claims of the incels such as  WillWill0415 (now banned from theotherwiki). Y'all need to banish Neiltyson1fan.
- Better evidence please? ☭Comrade GC☭Ministry of Praise 16:56, 17 November 2020 (UTC)
- @184.108.40.206 Those edits were made ages ago. We don't ban people for ideological reasons on here, unless they're really annoying and obviously bad-faith editors. (In which case we will bloody well notice without being passive-aggressively dressed down.) And besides, please give one specific example of how we "pandered" to incel claims. I've just added some less weasel-wordish versions of your highly critical adjectives in, in addition to having heavily reworked a significant portion of the article I felt needed improvement. Happy?
- Oh, and P.S. Can you in any way substantiate your personal attack on this page's author? --Goatspeed. Fossil evidence of my evolution🎃CircularRasoning🎃Prototype lab 19:24, 17 November 2020 (UTC)
- He's a blackpiller incel who helps run incels.co named JoesphR on here who wanted this page deleted by attempting to launch a personal attack across RW under multiple identites because I left the blackpill cult despite having written a bit for them in the past (otherwise how would I know so much about them ;) ). The article I wrote here was extremely critical of blackpillers as you know and your additions were good. Expanded on them in new section. Not responding to IP editor as he is doing what cults do and trying to tarnish someones reputation for leaving an ideology, (in this case the blackpill). Neiltyson1fan (talk) 04:21, 21 December 2020 (UTC)
- Oh really, ThisSiteRuxExDee (who I presume is this IP based on his silly pattern of editing that matched the pattern of our less-than-well-written articles covering difficult topics and acerbic holier-than-thou comments) is an incel? That would make A LOT of sense, because crank magnetism. --Goatspeed. Fossil evidence of my evolution🎃CircularRasoning🎃Prototype lab 19:29, 5 February 2021 (UTC)