Message from the Welcoming Committee (there is no such thing)
Chef Moosolini’s Ristorante ItalianoMake a Reservation 22:15, 31 January 2021 (UTC)
You seem like a decent fellow so here's autopatrol to get rid of the annoying Captcha
Because of your edits to and time on the wiki, Autopatrolled has been added to your user rights. This lets you bypass most of the abuse filters, bypass the CAPTCHA, and edit more frequently. If you have questions,
bleat ask away.
We hope you enjoy your newfound POWER — and these external tools:
- Google Scholar Button (Chrome, Firefox) searches your highlighted text in Google Scholar. Easily check academic citations!
- web.archive.org and archive.is can save permanent copies of webpages. Never lose a crank website or racist Tweet ever again! Chef Moosolini’s Ristorante ItalianoMake a Reservation 18:10, 1 February 2021 (UTC)
A note on civility
@Bongolian. The person I referred to as complainant claimed to be permanently mentally disabled on their own talk page (as determined by the US government, no less.) I will not post the link as I think you are quite capable of finding it yourself. I will not insult you by making unwarranted reference to the Stockholm Syndrome. But it is quite revealing that so many people know something is true but for various personal reasons can't admit it. But it's Spring now, getting lovelier every day. I can use a break. Please erase this message after reading it. Thanks. California oranges are really good now. Try some. UncleKrampus (talk) 04:16, 1 April 2021 (UTC)
Because of your edits to and time on the wiki,
wizard Sysop has been added to your user rights. Feel free to let your newfound ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ course through your veins. Once the high wears off, see RationalWiki:Sysop guide for more information. If you have questions, bleat ask away. Christopher (talk) 20:08, 10 April 2021 (UTC)
Fine, I'll lay it out one more time...
So right out of the gate, understand that any moralistic imperative I'm promoting is secondary to my main concerns, which are in all honesty, predominantly amoral. Most of my positions therefore are based off of ideas like Maslow's hierarchy of needs, ERG theory, and Manfred Max-Neef's Fundamental human needs. Such views posit that the primary goal of human societies would be providing the conditions necessary for equality of opportunity, after which it's up to people on individual and small group levels to figure their shit out. Basically the government can and should provide things like water, shelter, food, healthcare, education, etc, but not things like TVs, video games, or jobs. The latter examples, within this view, can only be shaped by ground rules.
So, with that in mind, and bearing in mind that economies are primarily driven by money being circulated, it follows that things like systemic racism are a burden upon society and the government. Groups that are discriminated against are more likely to be ostracized from socioeconomic activities, meaning they're more likely to go into poverty (or worse, homelessness), meaning they're less financially stable, meaning they spend less, which means they generate less economic activity. This is very destructive to overall socio-economic stability.
I hope you're following so far, because there's a point to laying this out.
So, in my view, the over three hundred years of systemic racism is a massive civic concern, not merely because of the monstrous immorality, which I can acknowledge, but also because of its negative impact on society as a whole. So, what to do about it? Well firstly just handing out money won't work. Period. It's been criticized by multiple groups and political camps as simply not addressing the underlying problems. Poverty, unequal enforcement of the law, etc etc etc. In addition, explicitly racial justice policies are a non-starter in general. They're just harder to sell.
So, my position, is that we should address these issues not in part, but in whole. That is to say, rather than addressing only redlining and other form of racist housing laws, we should overhaul our housing system in its entirety. Rather than explicitly addressing the racist undertones of voter ID, we should embrace the concept in voting rights reforms designed to make it easier for people to vote. Rather than exclusively focusing on racism baked into our criminal justice system, we should seek to overhaul and streamline that system, to audit it, as it were, to remove those who could otherwise be handled by other agencies. These sorts of solutions would have the effect of solving multiple problems in each stroke, provided they were rolled out and maintained properly. ☭Comrade GC☭Ministry of Praise 21:51, 29 July 2021 (UTC)
- @GrammarCommie This is the first message from you I have seen announced at the top of my page. I don't think this ping thing works every time here. I'm not going to defend my past statements because, in all honesty, I don't see how my past comments conflict with your view of treating racism as you have generally laid it out, apart from the cash payment error.
- My view is social justice depends upon what is done today. The past has its use in education. I am not one who sees limiting history to white history. The histories of the Chinese, Caribbean, and central American immigrants are also interesting. The Italians as well, who were thought of as blacks with lighter skin for some time. When it comes to racism, the English have a strange corner: their lower classes were just as white as the nobility, yet they were inferior by birth, a lesser race of men. They called them "blue bloods" meaning noble by birth. Racism is most easily discernable by facts, customs and traditions that require modification. But, I don't yet see how we differ from a practical POV. In science, different theories with the same conclusions are equivalent. UncleKrampus (talk) 00:33, 30 July 2021 (UTC)
- Pinging works about one in every three times in my guesstimated experience. Chef Moosolini’s Ristorante ItalianoMake a Reservation 01:46, 30 July 2021 (UTC)
Math extension cannot find rest-base url
At the moment I can’t view any of your edits to the “Fallacy of Hypostatisation” article. Whenever I try to look at your edit, I get the following error: Math extension can not find Restbase URL. Please specify $wgMathFullRestbaseURL. I’m not sure if this error was either caused by your edits or simply correlated with your edits or, alternatively, is due to a problem at my end; but both of the latter options seem more plausible, considering the extensive use of math your edit makes. LeucippusSalva veritate 22:56, 17 August 2021 (UTC)
- @Leucippus So far I have only commented on talk page. Don't know what the problem is. I can see my edits well enough. Maybe consult one of our techs.UncleKrampus (talk) 00:21, 18 August 2021 (UTC)
This has been gnawing at me for some time; the first time I talked at you (not with you) was when you were replying to a Saloon Bar thread about a sci-fi setting another user was working on and wondering what to use for pronouns for artificial lifeforms. I was horribly rude with a kneejerk reaction in a case of halfway mistaken identity and just general indignance and misreading of how you were trying to be helpful.
I'm sorry. I was wrong, no excuses. Kntai (talk) 12:07, 15 November 2021 (UTC)
Sorry about the use of an incorrect category for the Carl Jung article
Hey! Just wanted to apologise about adding the category, looked at your revert and it felt a bit hostile- genuinely didn’t mean any ill will/malice with it, I thought it was applicable because of Jung’s promotion of pseudoscientific ideas like synchronicity and such. I am sorry about that, although I do feel that the dig at me was a tad uncalled for ‘though I hope you don’t hold it against me personally (this may seem a bit weird, I just get really bad anxiety about shit like this and I’m sorry if this is stupid). Again sorry for that, and sorry if I pissed you off :).-WMS (talk) 05:05, 9 September 2022 (UTC)
- Also wanted to note if the summary on the edit was just meant to be a lighthearted joke or was not meant to be taken as a dig, I do apologise for the misinterpretation- I’m awfully terrible at interpreting tone of text and I do hope everything is alright between us :)—WMS (talk) 06:11, 9 September 2022 (UTC)