|Hail to the Chief?|
|Persons of interest|
Reaganism was a political perspective in the United States based on a friendly-seeming, grandfatherly-type ex-actor telling us that government could do no good, and then proceeding to become the head of the executive branch of the United States government. Why anyone believed it is beyond us.
Prominent lies promoted by Mr. Reagan include:
- The "free market" is always more efficient than the government at providing solutions to problems. (See universal health care)
- The "government" is incapable of solving a country's problems.
- Some woman somewhere on welfare had a Cadillac and a color TV. (He made this up).
- Hardworking blue collar Americans should hate suffering poor Americans for eating their tax dollars instead of working their asses off for giant corporations themselves. (See trade union)
- The "rich" are a beleaguered and overtaxed suffering demographic. (Who pay well for political campaigns!)
Reagan started the destruction of the democratic republic in the United States, and George W. Bush was trying to finish the job. You will notice that all the tenets of Reaganism just happen to benefit the wealthy owners of large businesses at the expense of lower and middle class Americans.
In Britain, there was a very similar political movement referred to as "Thatcherism", named for the Iron Lady who advocated the same principles.