| Christ died so that we may|
write articles about
|A multi-chef broth|
|Devil's in the details|
|The pearly gates|
Steven Lee Anderson (born July 24, 1981) is an American Independent Baptist pastor and founder of the nonprofit Faithful Word Baptist Church in Tempe, Arizona. The church is currently listed as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) because of Anderson's radical stands, including the belief that homosexuals should receive the death penalty. Anderson was refused entry into the UK and South Africa due to his belief that gays should be executed and was deported from Botswana after advocating the execution of gays on a local radio broadcast. In Anderson's opinion all gays are pedophiles and will have sex with anything.
 Early life
Anderson was born and raised in Sacramento, California. At 18, he travelled throughout Germany and Eastern Europe for three months serving in local independent Baptist churches, studying languages, and getting experience in the ministry. During his travels, he met his future wife Zsuzsanna while out evangelizing in the streets of Munich, Bavaria. He converted her to Christianity and they were married shortly afterwards.
 Faithful Word Baptist Church
 Establishment & Mission Statement
Anderson established the church on December 25th, 2005 in an office space located in a strip mall. He established it as a "totally independent organization". The church's website states, "Faithful Word Baptist Church is a totally independent Baptist church, and Pastor Anderson was sent out by a totally independent Baptist church to start it the old-fashioned way by knocking doors and winning souls to Christ."
As stated in their website, the church believes in King James Only (seemingly unaware the KJV was ordered by a likely bisexual monarch), salvation by faith alone, "once saved, always saved", a literal Hell for all those who are unsaved, Jesus is Lord, only in the Local Church and not in a universal church, rejection of Calvinism, rejection of dispensationalism, life begins at conception, homosexuality is a sin and an abomination which God punishes with the death penalty and opposition toward worldliness, modernism, formalism, and liberalism.
Anderson believes Hindus worship Satan.
Anderson believes going to college makes you dumb.
 Examples of wingnuttery
“”May we all live our lives so that people like Anderson demonize us after we’re gone.
Pastor Anderson has made his church's extremist positions publicly known in recent times. He is especially well-known for praying for the death and eternal torment of people who disagree with him (mostly Barack Obama, Democrats, and gays). In December 2014, he stated in a sermon that a 'cure' for AIDS would be for governments all across the world to execute LGBT persons, and used quotes from the Book of Leviticus to justify his stance. Such an absurd, vile and ridiculous proposition resulted in Anderson being dubbed the "Hitler Pastor" by Kyle Kulinski of Secular Talk Radio. In a May 2015 YouTube broadcast, Anderson argued that the Holocaust never took place. Holocaust survivor Rabbi Leo Abrami has accused Anderson of lying to him in order to have him appear in an anti-Semitic video. Anderson prayed for the death of Caitlyn Jenner in 2015 during a sermon, and made a series of transphobic remarks. If you want to have an idea of his hateful speech, it can be found here.
To no one's surprise, Anderson is also somewhat of a conspiracy theorist, and appeared on Alex Jones' Infowars to discuss New World Order nonsense with Jones' cohort Jakarri Jackson. Anderson also believes that all modern Bible versions have been corrupted by Satanic New World Order elites and that the only legitimate Bible is the King James version.
To cure poverty in India teach Hindus the Bible and God won't forsake them. Why was there poverty and hunger in Europe up to the end of the 19th century? Why is there poverty and sometimes hunger among Christians in Ethiopia now?
Steven Anderson claims good news about the 2016 Orlando nightclub shooting is that there are 50 fewer pedophiles around. Anderson has no explanation why he thinks the victims were all pedophiles, he just insists they were. 'Shooting up' a gay bar was according to Anderson wrong but he claims a 'righteous government' should have tried the victims in court and had them executed according to 'God's perfect law' (Leviticus 18:22). Because of the publicity of his anti-LGBT rantings, several on-line fund raising accounts for his church were shut down.
 Zsuzsanna Anderson
His wife has also followed her husband down the fundie path, holding forth in her blog on how Godly her life is and how unGodly everyone else is. Displaying remarkable ignorance, she provides fine examples of fine Christian womanhood. For example, here ZsuZsu says she disregards all science that is contrary to the Bible in her homeschooling, discourses on how every male OBGYN is a pervert, and comments on how she would abandon and disown any child of hers who was homosexual. She also believes that all church nurseries are run by pedophiles so any church that has a separate place for young children during services is probably raping children.
 See also
- ↑ Meet the Pastor Who Told Me He Hoped I Got Brain Cancer and Died by Michelangelo Signorile (Posted: 12/05/2014 12:25 pm EST Updated: 02/04/2015 5:59 am EST) HuffPost
- ↑ Lengell, Sean. "Family Research Council labeled a 'hate group'". The Washington Times. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/nov/24/frc-labeled-a-hate-group/. Retrieved September 9, 2012.
- ↑ News: Steven Anderson Banned From UK and South Africa
- ↑ Pastor Steven Anderson Deported from Botswana After Advocating for the Execution of Gay People
- ↑ Hate Preacher Steven Anderson in BBC Documentary: Gays Are Pedophiles Who Should “Kill Themselves”
- ↑ "Our pastor". Faithful Word Baptist Church. http://www.faithfulwordbaptist.org/page2.html. Retrieved December 13, 2015.
- ↑ Schlatter, Evelyn. "18 Anti-Gay Groups and Their Propaganda: Faithful Word Baptist Church". SPLC. http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2010/winter/the-hard-liners. Retrieved December 13, 2015.
- ↑ See the Wikipedia article on Personal relationships of James VI and I.
- ↑ "Doctrinal Statement". Tempe, Arizona: Faithful Word Baptist Church. http://www.faithfulwordbaptist.org/page6.html. Retrieved December 13, 2015.
- ↑ The pastor who made homophobic comments about the Orlando shooting just got deported from Botswana by Lynsey Chutel (September 20, 2016) Quartz Africa.
- ↑ Christian Hate-Pastor Tells Congregation How to Convert Hindus: Remind Them Their Lord is Satan
- ↑ Christian Hate-Pastor Steven Anderson: “The Bible Makes You Smart. College Makes You Dumb”
- ↑ Christian Hate-Pastor: George Michael “Was a Sodomite Reprobate” Who’s “Burning in Hell Right Now”
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fioh3Tnqqqs
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rhGMCYWqKI
- ↑ Patheos.com: Pastor Steven Anderson Lied to a Holocaust Survivor and Duped Him Into Appearing in an Anti-Semitic Film
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlZVyJZGowc
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWHZbFJVAjA
- ↑ Christian Hate-Pastor: “The Biggest Problem With India Today is Hinduism”
- ↑ Christian Pastor Celebrates Nightclub Massacre: “There’s 50 Less Pedophiles in This World” Response to Orlando Gay Bar Shooting (Florida nightclub)
- ↑ RawStory.com: ‘Kill the gays’ pastor has a pulpit-stomping meltdown after he’s booted from online fundraising
- ↑ http://stevenandersonfamily.blogspot.com/
- ↑ http://stevenandersonfamily.blogspot.com/2012/06/questions-and-comments.html
- ↑ http://stevenandersonfamily.blogspot.com/2009/01/why-i-hate-church-nurseries.html