There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2019.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
| The fault in our stars|
Daily Plane is a "news" source for flat Earthers. The name is a riff on the fictional newspaper Daily Planet where Superman's alter-ego Clark Kent worked. While the Daily Planet's logo includes a spheroidal Earth, the Daily Plane instead includes the same azimuthal equidistant projection centred on the North Pole that most flat Earthers adhere to. The Daily Plane is also not daily.
The Daily Plane engages in crank magnetism in support of flatness by being anti-relativity (appealing to Nikola Tesla), and being anti-evolution via an Electric Universe argument. The Twitter account has also retweeted a crank aether posting (the last actual physicists who supported the idea of aether gave up in the 1930s), and a posting alluding to the international Jewish conspiracy via association with Rothschild.
The Daily Plane also engages in co-optation of both a manosphere term (red pill), and an alt-right meme, Pepe. Pepe has been co-opted as "Fepe" ("Flat Earth People Everywhere"), which includes the Pepe the Frog face with a superimposed emperor penguin beak. The Daily Plane also manages to be anti-Freemason while at the same time co-opting Freemasonry ("33rd Degree Fepe).
- Tesla outs Einstein and his Theory of Relativity as a fraud in article from 1935 (June 5, 2017) Daily Plane.
- Flat Earth Origin Of Life by Lorenz Kraus (June 12, 2017) Daily Plane.
- The Daily Plane November 7, 2017 retweet of @mig13ant. Twitter (archived from November 25, 2017).
- The Daily Plane November 11, 2017 retweet of @TracyTlm45. Twitter (archived from November 25, 2017).
- A 60 second red pill on Flat Earth (June 1, 2017) Daily Plane.
- The highest degree of Fepe (June 5, 2017) Daily Plane.
- Memes: Only You Can Prevent Globe-itis (June 6, 2017) Daily Plane.
- Space Hoax Compilation: NASA’s History & Fake Astronauts, which includes links to anti-Freemason links. Daily Plane (archived on 25 Nov 2017 04:54:15 UTC).