| Parroting squawkbox|
|And a dirty dozen more|
Debbie Schlussel is an extreme right-wing commentator who apparently has fantasies of being the next Ann Coulter. She does have Coulter's two most prominent traits, in that she is blonde and only slightly to the political left of Mussolini. She thinks everybody besides herself is a liberal, so she might think Il Duce is one too.
What she lacks is Coulter's media exposure. She also is apparently not as funny as Coulter, even for their target audience's standards.
Atheism, Catholicism and Islam, BFFs
Most of her commentary focuses on an obsessive hatred and fear of Muslims, best illustrated by her statement: "Rot In Hell, Osama Bin Laden. One down, 1.8 billion to go..." In Schlussel's world view, any Muslim anywhere expressing any sign of faith is a terrorist plotting the next World Trade Center attack. Another major element of her commentary is going after every other right-wing figure as a secret liberal.
She is also not fond of atheists, claiming that "atheists are on the attack against religion and G-d only when Christians and Jews are involved, not when Muslims and Islam are.", pretty much forgetting that the New Atheists, for example (especially Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris) are not what you would call fond of Islam. She also stated that "Where atheism is more dominant and Christianity less so, Islam seizes upon the opening and fills the void. That’s why we see “Eurabia” (the term coined by author Bat Ye’or, as the title of her excellent book)[note 1].", forgetting that China, which has the world's largest irreligious population (with 61% of atheists and an officially atheist governement), is still not "Islamized" (1-3% of Chinese people are Muslims)..
Debbie Schussel takes on Poland
In early June 2012, she garnered some international attention. While posthumously awarding Jan Karski a Presidential Medal of Freedom, Obama made a gaffe and used the phrase "Polish death camps" during his speech to refer to Nazi concentration camps in Polish territory. This was met with criticism in Poland, where it was compared to saying that 9/11 was an American terrorist attack or that Guantánamo is a Cuban prison. Commenting on this situation, Schlussel wrote a post where she claimed that Poles were complicit in the Holocaust and eagerly helped Nazis murder millions of Jews, including her family. These assertions were widely reported in Polish press and caused her blog and Facebook page to be flooded with angry Poles. She shrugged off the response as further proof of Polish antisemitism. Facebook removed her post as hate speech, but later reinstated it and apologized. As of June 28 2012, she blocked all Polish IPs from entering her site and resumed routine Muslim-baiting.
Less terrible things
On a more positive note, she called out Walid Shoebat (who constantly harassed her by emailing her three times despite her telling him to stop), Michelle Malkin, "Scamela Geller" and "Slobbert Spencer" for being frauds. She is highly critical of Bonni Intall and Bare Naked Islam's extreme Islamophobia, and denounces their call for violence, despite some of her most extreme claims being quite similar (see above).
Though Daily Kos has already published an article from the community dealing with Sean Hannity's Freedom Alliance charity for wounded soldiers and survivors of fallen ones three years earlier (2007), Schlussel has also pointed out that only three percent of the funds collected actually go to the targeted recipients. She also dissed Ted Nugent for being a draft-dodging hypocrite so that earns her another point.
- "Rot In Hell, Osama Bin Laden. One down, 1.8 billion to go. . ."
- Debbie Schlussel: Poles Were Complicit in Holocaust: Outrage Over Obama “Gaffe” is Fraudulent, Ignorant
- Debbie Schlussel: Facebook Blocks, Censors Schlussel @ Request of Polish, Muslim Jew-Haters; HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Schlusser, D. (September 16, 2008) "Enough, Walid Shoebat: Why is Sean Hannity’s Fake Terrorist Harassing Me?"
- Schlussel, D. (May 28, 2008). "Dunkin’ Donuts Spokesmodel Rachael Ray and the Keffiyeh"
- Schlussel, D. (October 4, 2010) "Wanna Lose a Debate Against Islam? Invite Robert Spencer"
- Schlussel, D. (January 3, 2012) "Bare Naked Islam Karma: Nutjob Who Cheered CAIR Lawsuit v. Me Gets Website Removed by CAIR"
- davefromqueens (August 6, 2007). "Hannity's "Freedom" concert is a money scam". Daily Kos.
- Sclussel, D. (March 18, 2010). "Sean Hannity’s Freedom CONcert Scam: Almost None of Charity’s $ Went to Injured Troops, Kids of Fallen Troops; G5s for Vannity?"